Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormonkseaton
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2016 edited
    So Burbank Started the new changes at the FCO,reducing there Registers from 1-33 too 1-16,at the front end, I believe that the back Registers are being closed, So my question being, will this mean a cut back on Cashiers?, or will Merchandisers not be needed to ring-up? Also the Rumor of the Sales Guys Ringing up? how true is that? Would also be interested in any other latest Store Changes, that i may not be up on....Cheers Room..
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Making the price changes/signs for Frys...
    Issued Gift Certs @ FCO
    FCO Change?
    Great Place To Find RipOff Information and Disputes about a Company
    Shake weight for men? what a joke
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2016
    I wouldn't be too worried. Fry's almost never uses all of the registers anymore, and I would imagine it takes a lot of time and money to maintain those POS systems (point of sale or piece of shit... either interpretation is valid).
  2.  permalink
    Here's the idea. They're reducing the number if registers so they won't need to pay for the windows license on computers no one uses. Thus saving money. They're hiring less cashiers, this saving money, they're gonna have salesmen do returns hoping they will save the return, thus saving money. That's what they're going for. But every decision home office has made since 2008 has made the company suffer. Frys is reaching its end.
  3.  permalink
    Store 11 has also been on a firing frenzy lately. They fire anybody for anything now and days, but hey thats what Fry's is all about now and days. For those still working at store 11, if you don't get within the manager click soon, you will be the next they try SO HARD to get fired. I stood up for myself for being assaulted by a customer that pains me is still alive, but fuck it. They were trying to fire me, so they didnt do shit. These are my 2 cents.
  4.  permalink
    I'm at store 22 and they reduced the number of registers at front check out from 35 to 18. The problem with this is that the same number of cashiers and merches are needed to ring people up and I don't see them getting cut back anytime soon. I hear they're going to be buying us chip readers soon but I don't see those upping productivity enough to justify getting rid of half of the registers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAcidBurn
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016
    Store 19 Arlington, TX here. Yeah they also changed out registers from 35 to 17, 17 being the first customers hit 1 being near the exit. It's been pretty downhill after the change, for the longest time we had computers that were down, so we really had like 14 functional computers. So many firings and quits as well, now it has become normal for there to be only 2 cashiers on registers while a huge line builds up. Lots of new cashiers too when the manager bothers to hire people, so they are naturally a bit slow. Might as well rename the supervisors to cashiers because they are constantly having to be on registers to keep the line flowing. Merchandisers after all this time are still being constantly called up, might as well rename them to cashiers really, I have no idea how they get their shit done I feel really bad. And me being one of the few certified cashiers who has some grasp on what is going on, it's pretty normal for me to do 6 to 5 hours of returns a day.  

And now, cashiers who have just gotten their certifications are immediately pushed into returns, by themselves sometimes, and they expect that everything is going to be ok. Spoiler alert the line builds up and these cashiers stress the fuck out because they are literally guessing.  

I close returns generally every day, and it isn't uncommon for the sups to ask me to do trash and carts afterwards due to their being a lot of girls.  
    And I get paid base 7.25 an hour for this garbage, commission might bump it up to 8.00 an hour after taxes maybe.  
    And this used to be a bearable place to work. Too bad all the cool people got fired or quit...really too bad.  

*** But when you can't even give a fuck enough to pay your cashiers more than the bare fucking minimum, what else can you expect? ***  

Haven't heard about sales people ringing up, but since we are now making 100% commission salespeople do merchandiser shit for free, I'd imagine making them ring shit out might make a few of them quit, and by a few I mean a lot. Because then they would have to take care of their money, and of course they would have to make their own bags, and cash pulls and how the fuck would you even do that. One of the best salesperson we've ever had here is quitting because of the free work they have to do stocking stuff and doing POTOs and other bullshit I don't know about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAcidBurn
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016 edited
    And since we are on the topic of changes at FCO why stop there.  

-Associate Purchase  
    What was so bad with me just going up to any goddamn computer, and writing myself a quote for AP. Salespeople leave their quote shit open all the fucking time so I can very easily check discounts, get discounts, and then pay for my shit and leave. But now I have to essentially beg a sup to password me at the register (of which there are probably only two or three open) which clogs the fucking line up, and god forbid the sup isn't there then I have to just stand there like a fucking retard and play with my dick while customers stare at me (usually I'll be in uniform on my lunch) and wonder why an employee is holding up the line. Oh that's right, I guess Fry's can't be losing money on employees using their measly ass discount so hey why not throw an arbitrary obstacle to make the process that much more cancerous.  

-In Store Pickups  
    If this isn't the anal abortion of front checkout I don't know what is, 2 years I've worked here and we are still having problems with this system. Fucking Helen Keller could've figured it out by now. Most of the problems come from FCO being short staffed and at the bare minimum number of associates. If we had enough people, we could comfortably do In Store pickups without a line building up. But now only the Sups can do the orders, which means they just call and bother already pissed off salespeople to start finding shit. This while the Sup is also trying to take customers because we don't have cashiers, babysitting the new people who couldn't be properly trained (because 3 people shadow me while I'm taking customers, and they consider this acceptable training), and listening to an FCO manager get booty bothered about orders going red. And the real fun begins when customers comes for the order and turns out, wow what a big surprise, something is fucked up with the order. Let's waste time trying to fix this, while the line builds up  

-Sups and Management  
    Speaking of Sups, managers have turned them into the swiss army knives of FCO, hey Ramirez, do fucking everything, literally, also you have a line. We've had quite a few new hires complain about Sups being way to pushy and belligerent and I'm not fucking surprised. If they have shit personalities or are just stressed in any case the Sups have gotten a bit aggressive and it's kind of obnoxious. I can guarantee that one of the major reasons some people have quit is because their attitude. Which sucks because I generally get along with most of the sups since I've been here for so long they can't realistically try to boss me around, but it's not so pretty with the new people.  

And the communication between management and the lower level workers is truly an abysmal sight to behold. At this point no one even bothers sharing their observations or suggestions because it is generally accepted that home office wanks off some mandates with their giant deformed fry's penis that they slap the faces of their mangers with and the mangers try to implement these mandates. And we all sit in the sidelines and just shrug into infinity because we are scratching our heads watching wondering why is there literally only two cashiers in this department, and the merchandisers stare at us, shrugging into infinity wondering why the fuck do you people keep calling us here.  

And don't even get me started on cashiers getting fired. God help you if you are within your 90 day probation period, because they will not hesitate to banhammer your ass outta there without even giving you a reason, and they wont warn you that you are fucking up, they will just kind of watch while they gently touch themselves and then when the time is right will metaphorically slap you across the face with their moldy french cheese encrusted dicks and you will be left wondering why did it end in tears when everything was going so well. Oh what's that we fired people again and or they quit because they aren't masochistic enough to deal with this retarded ass shit, oh okay, better cover returns then for 5 hours and then probably do trash. Cool.
  5.  permalink
    The whole FCO redesign is a clusterfuck. The chip readers were purchased last year and basically just sat because the POS programmers (I hate to use that word because they seriously are terrible at it) couldn't get it working. Evidently in the last week or two they finally got the chip stuff working at the test store (San Jose). So have fun with that failing miserably every where else soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHouseDBA
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2016
    Guest: Here's the idea. They're reducing the number if registers so they won't need to pay for the windows license on computers no one uses. Thus saving money. They're hiring less cashiers, this saving money, they're gonna have salesmen do returns hoping they will save the return, thus saving money. That's what they're going for. But every decision home office has made since 2008 has made the company suffer. Frys is reaching its end.

Confirmed. Basically they don't want to buy a Windows 7 license for every machine so their solution is to downsize as many machines as possible at the store-level in order to minimize the number of needed licenses.
  6.  permalink
    Guest: Here's the idea. They're reducing the number if registers so they won't need to pay for the windows license on computers no one uses. Thus saving money. They're hiring less cashiers, this saving money, they're gonna have salesmen do returns hoping they will save the return, thus saving money. That's what they're going for. But every decision home office has made since 2008 has made the company suffer. Frys is reaching its end.

I think it was less about saving money on Windows licenses than that they didn't want to spend a bunch of money on new POS terminals that were only likely to get any use on Black Friday and then be unused the other 360+ days of the year. If Fry's didn't replace the POS terminals with new ones they would likely be liable for a lot of fraud. The new agreements with Visa and MasterCard are now shifting the burden for fraud to the person with the least secure equipment. i.e. if you don't have the new POS terminals you open yourself up to fraudsters. For places like the 99c store few fraudsters are going to go to the trouble to defraud a store to buy a bunch of cheap items, but plenty of people will try to get a free TV or expensive laptop.