Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I applied for a position as a computer technician. I am aware that Fry's isn't exactly the most kosher place to work but I just need this job to hopefully hone my skills in computer hardware and repair. I applied for a another position before and never got a call back but now I want to be in service repair which I feel is something I'm qualified for. How do I do grab their attention if they don't call me? Do you think by slightly pestering them after a week or so of putting my app in that they will bring me in for an interview? My Dad always tells me to lobby hard for something you really want, and I have to agree with him. I don't want to take no for an answer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2016
    Talk to the Service dept. manager directly. That's the person who makes the call on who to have in their department. They usually prioritize taking in employees already working within Fry's though. One way to stand out and get noticed is to already have your certifications. If they haven't changed anything since last year, they'll require your A+ and Apple certs. Good luck, and remember that working at Fry's should only be used as a stepping stool for greater things! Don't stay there for too long if you do get in!
  2.  permalink
    Thank you for replying. Should I call the Svc Dept Mgr as soon as possible? Because I'm still very interested, but I don't want to come off as desperate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2016
    As to honing your skills at Fry's....you might want to look at Best Buy's Geek Squad. BB has a better reputation as an employer (see Glassdoor dot com)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitsune
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2016
    Fry's is no longer part of the Apple certification program so don't worry about your Apple cert. Do the A+ and that will get you noticed more than someone who hasn't. Plus that's always something that comes in handy later on. To be flat out honest, Fry's is not exactly a difficult place to get a job. I hired many a person that had no certs just bc I needed ppl.
  3.  permalink
    My advice: look elsewhere for work. You won't get paid well and unless you have no paid IT experience you can likely do better both whereas pay and experience.