Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHodor
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2016 edited
    list em here haha
  1.  permalink
    John, Mary, ROM, Luis, Harry, Evan, mark, Lindsay, oh wait. No one knows who they are. What a stupid thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2016
    Worst employee ever: Joshua
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2016
    The best employees are the ones who already left Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2016
    I'd probably still be working there today if they hadn't involuntarily terminated me, lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnakin
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2016
    I think I was there when you got "involuntarily terminated." Similar situation happened to me. I'd probably still be there too, all for the better though. I saw you go into the laptop cage later that night on closing time. Did you take a souvenir?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2016
    Anakin: I think I was there when you got "involuntarily terminated." Similar situation happened to me. I'd probably still be there too, all for the better though. I saw you go into the laptop cage later that night on closing time. Did you take a souvenir?

I would never.  

Ha! I thought my termination was the best ever. Just a few weeks ago... a friend of mine was involuntarily terminated for submitting his VQ as a formal two-weeks notice. I'm not even kidding.
  2.  permalink
    That makes no sense. Unless they had reasonable cause to fire him they would have to pay him unemployment.
  3.  permalink
    Josh's friend may have attached some "Fuck You" type of letter to the VQ. I'm aware of people turn in their VQ's along with essays that qualify as a diatribe against Fry's. Usually this results in a response to terminate the person immediately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4009
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2016
    No one will know these names. Just a shopper who used to go to fry's more than a decade ago, but haven't gone back for a long time.

Store 7
    Marisa
    Lan
  4.  permalink
    Josh's friend here, so there was no pettiness on my part. No fuck you letter. This happened at home office in ISO (IT everywhere else), I worked directly for the director, and he decided he didn't like that I wasn't staying a year after they gave me a raise (highest paid hourly associate, left for a >50% raise elsewhere). I offered to stay on part-time (nights/weekends) to assist with things. They decided to not even let me work the next day, and fucked up my final check. I actually have in writing from them claiming that this was not a termination. I lol'ed at that. I can upload the VQ and resignation letter at some point.  

This is literally just the tip of the iceberg with how fucked-up home office is. I'll do an AMA deal at some point, it's only been a couple months, and from what I hear things are imploding even more back in Hell...I mean home office.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHouseDBA
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2016
    turnitoffandonagain: Josh's friend here, so there was no pettiness on my part. No fuck you letter. This happened at home office in ISO (IT everywhere else), I worked directly for the director, and he decided he didn't like that I wasn't staying a year after they gave me a raise (highest paid hourly associate, left for a >50% raise elsewhere). I offered to stay on part-time (nights/weekends) to assist with things. They decided to not even let me work the next day, and fucked up my final check. I actually have in writing from them claiming that this was not a termination. I lol'ed at that. I can upload the VQ and resignation letter at some point.  

This is literally just the tip of the iceberg with how fucked-up home office is. I'll do an AMA deal at some point, it's only been a couple months, and from what I hear things are imploding even more back in Hell...I mean home office.

As another former member of ISO, I will participate in turnitoffandonagain's AMA. Trust me, the things we could tell you would scare you far more than any store associates stories lol.
  5.  permalink
    ooooo please share!! :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 8072
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2016
    lemme guess, you guys were GIC at some point? I probably chatted with you!!!!
  6.  permalink
    How can your stories beat store employee stories? As far as how horrible Frys is as a company?
  7.  permalink
    Yeah, we were both GIC at some point it used to be something that everyone but the Helpdesk (back when it existed) did. Kinda like how all the DM's take turns (or at least are supposed to) being MIC.  

If you talked to me as GIC, you probably didn't enjoy it (I tended to be a dick to stores). I don't know that our stories beat store ones, but it's a lot of incompetence from all levels as well as the nepotism that's rampant. Oh, and some insights into the shit they don't actually tell the stores about what's going on.
  8.  permalink
    Care to elaborate? My store horror stories include watching people shitting on the floor. Or it's smeared everywhere. I've seen ppl shit their pants and then walk out the door leaving a trail. I also saw a guy who did shit everywhere be nice enough to remove his pants and wash it in the sink and then clean up the shit in the toilet floor. He was nice. The returns stories are more mind boggling. No you can't return it after a year. No it didn't come out of the box broken and covered in dirt. No u can't return a cpu that doesn't work after you took a steel to it cuz ur heatsink didn't work with it. Then they yell and pout and act line children. It's crazy.
  9.  permalink
    I would love to hear any and all stories about the ISO team. Whenever I contacted the GIC, I was always cordial, polite, and concise with what I needed. Looking back through my store's chat log revealed terrible spelling and grammar from other associates, as well as not being clear as to what they wanted or asking something that wasn't possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2016
    Turnitoffandonagain use to work in the stores, and knows what it's like. One of the customers I was working with viciously threw their laptop at him and left the area; we've had our share of bad, rough, and silly customers.
  10.  permalink
    I was in returns once when a customer was returning a bent pin motherboard. He got it the day before and claimed it came that way. Before we said anything he exploded and snapped the board in half. I loled because it was a $500 Asus mobo and I was just about to tell him that Asus repairs bent pins. He bent 2. He could have also just got tweezers and tried rebending them.