Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2016
    Getting $72.12 for all the hours frys shorted me!
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Lopez vs Fry's Electronics Class Action Settlement
    Fry's Electronics Class Action Lawsuit
    Sex Bias Class Action
    Class Action Lawsuit for Employment Hours
    FRY'S ELECTRONICS, INC. CLASS ACTION
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2016
    Any links to the legal documents?
  2.  permalink
    Got the same letter in the mail, looks like I got an estimated $33.33 to my name if the settlement goes through. $10,000 each for both lawsuit reps though... so not fair.
  3.  permalink
    Got mine today. About time they get fucked
  4.  permalink
    They fucked us over during Black Friday. Rot in hell Randy Fry.
  5.  permalink
    Who is affected? Store, years of employment?
  6.  permalink
    Third comment here, as far I know some people at my store(12) got in while some didn't but I'm sure it affected every store. The lawsuit covers unpaid compensation from days worked from a specific month in 2006 to July 2016 so you won't be getting anything from the 90''s if you've worked that long :P
  7.  permalink
    Used to work at store 12, should get $90.91. According to the letter each person should get $.60 for each week during the class period. I wonder if this is the same for part time employees and full time employees, and what exactly Fry's did (although not surprised *at all*)
  8.  permalink
    I'm assuming that the 'workweeks' count the same for FT/PT since I got $33 (55 x .60) and I only worked PT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2016
    Heh, $162.43 based on 268 hours.
  9.  permalink
    I blame the witch lady audit manager from store #7, more so when they changed the Monday - Friday payweek to Sunday - Saturday. But hey, I get $30.30 for 50 work weeks, better than zero dollars.
  10.  permalink
    Just picked up mine today. Approx 30 hours for a measly 19.00. Thinking about sending a letter
    back to the Settlement Attorneys about Opting Out. Fry's paid me well enough not to even worry
    about being 'shortchanged' for overtime, even if it was during a Black Friday.

Thanks Fry's for all the fun it was a blast!
  11.  permalink
    ^paid me well enough not to even worry

lol, good one
  12.  permalink
    Fry's deserves to be shut down.I've got almost $100 coming back to me for working part time for 3 years. Doesn't even come close to the mental anguish caused by the corporate blunder bosses who just as soon throw you to the wolves then actually pay you what your worth. This measly settlement is just so people like us won't keep fighting; they hope their problems will just go away. $100??? Try adding a couple zeroes to everyone's "reparation" check and then we can start talking. If I didn't have a full time job that I actually have to use mental power for I would seriously consider opting out and pursuing my own legal action. For now I will take that $100 check and wipe my rear with it. Maybe I'll take a picture and fill out an Tell Randy to let him know what I think of his $100...
  13.  permalink
    I worked at Fry's nearly a decade ago and got a settlement letter because the time period went that far back for this new suit. Honestly, this lawsuit is small compared to the Lopez vs. Fry's settlement years ago. That settlement worked out to about $20-30/week so some people who had worked there years got checks in the thousands. This settlement is small by comparison.  

I think a big factor upon why it is so much smaller is back in the day when minimum wage was a lot lower Fry's used to have us work absurd numbers of hours whereas in the decade since min wage was $6.75 it has gone up to $10. Before I even left Fry's was pushing managers away from using overtime.  

Guest: Fry's deserves to be shut down.I've got almost $100 coming back to me for working part time for 3 years. Doesn't even come close to the mental anguish caused by the corporate blunder bosses who just as soon throw you to the wolves then actually pay you what your worth. This measly settlement is just so people like us won't keep fighting; they hope their problems will just go away. $100??? Try adding a couple zeroes to everyone's "reparation" check and then we can start talking. If I didn't have a full time job that I actually have to use mental power for I would seriously consider opting out and pursuing my own legal action. For now I will take that $100 check and wipe my rear with it. Maybe I'll take a picture and fill out an Tell Randy to let him know what I think of his $100...

I think honestly, the increases in min wage will eventually force Fry's to close some of the underperforming California stores. Even without it though the rise of Amazon Prime in the last decade and just young adults that grew up with the internet replacing older people that were less comfortable buying things online I think will be the dagger that ultimately kills a lot of retail stores NOT just Fry's. Netflix and other streaming services made selling DVDs obsolete and iTunes made CD sales outside a few holdouts start dying 10 years ago.  

I wouldn't presume that you will never get any other money from other class action suits against Fry's. They seem to be a frequent target for employment lawsuits. As I noted I have earned a better part of $2K from class action suits from my time working at Fry's. At this point I doubt that I will see another check now that it has been so many years, but unless you have left Fry's as many years ago as I have I wouldn't presume that is the last money you will see from them.
  14.  permalink
    Can someone please upload a pic of what the letter looks like?
  15.  permalink
    I don't think the company has my current address to send me this info. Any suggestions for how I can fix this?
  16.  permalink
    For around 5 years got about $150.00
  17.  permalink
    "I don't think the company has my current address to send me this info. Any suggestions for how I can fix this?"

I wouldn't worry man. I've only lived at my current address for 2 months and somehow the letter found me. Hadn't even been forwarded from my prior address, it came straight to me.
  18.  permalink
    When do the checks come??
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2016
    I deal in Class Action Lawsuits. If what I heard is true, that Fry's actually punched out time cards in California, ( or elsewhere ) for 1 minute to split the time to avoid Overtime for those that worked 12-16 hours or so, that is a Major Violation of Ca. Law. I heard that happened on Black Friday. I have attorneys that will interview you on the phone, and I will help you open a lawsuit against them. You will then lead the Class Action against Fry;s and you will be well, well compensated. You can Message me or do it in the Forum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSonic
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2016
    I received the Class Action Lawsuit too... Fry's settled to pay $2.5 million dollars. Attorny fee is $833,333.33 the two employees Arvinder Waraich and Christina Chornomud are also asking for a bonus $10,000 each. And we get some measly chunk change... which doesn't make me happy at all. Fry's really takes advantage of the employees with their commission system. I'm sure Fry's gets paid a huge incentive for hiring new employees (thus the commission system), so paying that settlement amount is just chunk change to them.  

There are tons of employees that all want to sue Fry's on their whole commission system. Black Friday is the worst of all because working all night/morning/day ON COMMISSION ONLY where everyone is after the sale items means you're getting paid SHIT to give all your time there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 8072
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2016
    then don't work there. it's a choise. there are many other jobs out there that have better pay. simple. alot of people make good money, so don't ruin it for the ones that are making money like myself. i work hard, i work long hours, and i sell hard, and i earn a good wage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSonic
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2016
    Guest: then don't work there. it's a choise. there are many other jobs out there that have better pay. simple. alot of people make good money, so don't ruin it for the ones that are making money like myself. i work hard, i work long hours, and i sell hard, and i earn a good wage.

You think you're a hot shot making good commission for awhile (Mind you, I was top sales)... the system is designed so that you do not last. It's not just hurting the employees, but it's damaging to consumers because you know to be top sales, one has to BS their way up to sell items that pay commission and not necessarily for the good of the customer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2016
    Each lawsuit stands on its own merit and is viewed by the courts as separate lawsuits unless combined prior to litigation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5260
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2016
    Does anyone know when you get the check?
  19.  permalink
    After all the taxes are taken out, there won't be a check. So why worry 'bout it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorezd1023
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2017 edited
    Thank You for all this interesting information and insight. I was trying to get organized and found my letter from Fry's. I don't even remember if I got a check yet ?!! I only worked for them for 10 weeks, that's $6.00 worth to them. I can't believe how much everyone else is getting. The Attorneys, etc. What a bunch of Horse Manuer !!! :face-sad:
    Former_Frys_geek: I worked at Fry's nearly a decade ago and got a settlement letter because the time period went that far back for this new suit. Honestly, this lawsuit is small compared to the Lopez vs. Fry's settlement years ago. That settlement worked out to about $20-30/week so some people who had worked there years got checks in the thousands. This settlement is small by comparison.  

I think a big factor upon why it is so much smaller is back in the day when minimum wage was a lot lower Fry's used to have us work absurd numbers of hours whereas in the decade since min wage was $6.75 it has gone up to $10. Before I even left Fry's was pushing managers away from using overtime.  

Guest: Fry's deserves to be shut down.I've got almost $100 coming back to me for working part time for 3 years. Doesn't even come close to the mental anguish caused by the corporate blunder bosses who just as soon throw you to the wolves then actually pay you what your worth. This measly settlement is just so people like us won't keep fighting; they hope their problems will just go away. $100??? Try adding a couple zeroes to everyone's "reparation" check and then we can start talking. If I didn't have a full time job that I actually have to use mental power for I would seriously consider opting out and pursuing my own legal action. For now I will take that $100 check and wipe my rear with it. Maybe I'll take a picture and fill out an Tell Randy to let him know what I think of his $100...

I think honestly, the increases in min wage will eventually force Fry's to close some of the underperforming California stores. Even without it though the rise of Amazon Prime in the last decade and just young adults that grew up with the internet replacing older people that were less comfortable buying things online I think will be the dagger that ultimately kills a lot of retail stores NOT just Fry's. Netflix and other streaming services made selling DVDs obsolete and iTunes made CD sales outside a few holdouts start dying 10 years ago.  

I wouldn't presume that you will never get any other money from other class action suits against Fry's. They seem to be a frequent target for employment lawsuits. As I noted I have earned a better part of $2K from class action suits from my time working at Fry's. At this point I doubt that I will see another check now that it has been so many years, but unless you have left Fry's as many years ago as I have I wouldn't presume that is the last money you will see from them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 428
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2017
    So... did anyone actually receive anything yet?
  20.  permalink
    Hahahahaha I cannot believe all you super smart ass Fry's employees haven't figured it out yet. First you sit in this forum and talk all kinds of crap about your fellow employees whether they are above or below you. You think that like you nobody really cares about the company on this message board, nobody who’s anybody reads it anyways, so you let loose, fire all canons and disrespect supervisors, sales associates and even the owners who have so graciously given you a gainful means of employment and think nothing of it. And on top of that, the majority of you (just read all the comments posted) feel its ok to disrespect the most important part of the whole perpetual organization, "the customers" which by the way is the only reason you even have a job. Their purchases actually pay your wages, just in case you don’t understand or are too ignorant to know how the process works. No customers = no jobs! No full time, no part time, no nothing! It’s really that simple. Instead of all of you working together to help build a better company you are all so ready and hellbent to conspire together to run it into the ground, and help bury it. Yea I think if I was the owner of Fry’s I would be handing out raises and bonuses to everyone, just for all the effort you Frys employees put forth “refusing” to find ways of improving performance, for the utmost lackluster ways that you do your jobs and your undying lack of customer support. By taking on a self-centered “entitled attitude” that all of you deserve all kinds of perks, benefits, high commissions and high wages, just because you work the hours and schedules you have accepted. You feel you are entitled to the same benefits the owners of the organization have that ability to enjoy, but you are not even willing to give a customer what "they deserve" the most, which is a satisfactory buying experience. Whether a customer comes in to buy a $.99 cent item or a $10,000-dollar item they deserve to be treated exactly the same. With the utmost respect and dignity, because they have come to buy and spend their hard-earned money, that they too have slaved at their jobs to make! Period. It doesn’t matter if they come in to pay full price, or for a sale item, a closeout or use a promo code, they are still a customer and the store’s only source of income. The better you treat them as they walk through the door the more money they are apt to spend, as the store makes money it will eventually find its way back to the pockets of the employees, by getting more hours, raises and maybe even bonuses for jobs well done. Greeting and approaching customers with a warm smile and a genuine interest in helping them find what they are looking for, opens up the doors to unlimited sales possibilities. But if you are so caught up in your own entitlement issues and can’t separate reality from fantasy you won’t be able to think right and be positive. And then the opportunity disappears and that person that just walked in, you know the one you so quickly "stereo typed" as just another whiny customer that just can’t afford to buy anything of value anyways, or maybe that looks like they are there to steal something, in reality they may have walked in to your store intending to purchase a high dollar item. If you put on your professional panties that morning and helped them, it would give you that nice commission check you so desperately need to pay your bills. But no, you in all your wisdom, know better. You look the other way when they look to you for help, besides they aren’t in my department, so you decide they are not worth your effort. You continue talking to your fellow sales associate and you both decide to pretend you did not see them looking at you. You don’t have to be nice, courteous and helpful to every customer, especially if they don’t know what they looking for right? I mean how dare they get mad at me when they don’t know what they are talking about, they are just plain rude. But because you are better than they are, and at that moment you have forgotten anything about customer service you had ever learned, you were not about to humble yourself so that you could put food on your table. Shit you aren’t even willing to do the job you are being paid to perform, even though when you applied you sat through the whole application process and during the interviews you most likely lied and made promises about how good an employee you would be, you were a people person and great at customer service and how you would be that employee that adds benefit to the company. You signed up for and accepted the responsibility to perform your job duties whatever they required. You needed a job, you had to pay your bills, you wanted to be a positive influence and a good American worker, but because you feel you are entitled to everything you haven’t put any effort into working for, now that hot sale and commission is on its way out the door, heading to another store where someone else who does understand what it means to take pride in their work ethic will take that extra effort and show a little or a lot patience and professionalism, and that associate will end up closing that deal. Everyone will be happy at that store. Because they remember what they are all there for to “WORK”! They put forth their best efforts in everything they put their hearts and minds to do and get rewarded accordingly. But not you guys with your uneducated, ignorant, no tolerance entitled attitude, It your fault the customers are leaving. Its your fault hours are being cut, Its your fault the store is doing badly and you still think you deserve more than you are getting. “IDIOTS!” to the very end! Remember you also a consumer of goods, and a customer at some point whether it’s at a retail store, a drive thru or a fine restaurant, if you are paying money you are helping someone else to have a job. And you too deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. If you don’t get the message yet maybe you should go work in the fields picking berries for next to nothing. At least the people that do work in the fields don’t have any misconceptions about reality, they are there to work, to feed their families and pay their bills. And if they work hard enough they may even make the equivalent of minimum wage pay. Then they can go to Fry’s to spend their extremely hard earned dollars, just to have an asshole associate like you guys treat them like shit because its not their job or they don’t make anything off of that sale. “Fry employees” they don’t appreciate or understand how good they really have it. Go suck a big one!
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2017
    Holy wall of text batman
  21.  permalink
    Thank you Shakespeare for your wall of wisdom. You obviously have never actually talked to a real associate and asked how they are paid. First, Commission based means you don't get paid unless you sell, which I would agree with you more work means more money. However, Fry's has decided it is OK to pay nothing and close to nothing on many of the products sold in their stores. Even the most hard working associate has a hard time making enough commission to even make it to minimum wage. I worked for Fry's for 10 years, I dedicated my time on and off the clock. I watched good employees be fired because of BIG sales and low customer count. I can guarantee you my team would help every customer that came into our department, and if someone did come in with questions about another department we would direct them or bring them to someone that could help them. Fry's makes sure that there is no cross commission so you cannot make any extra money in departments other than yours. I agree people should not come out and complain in a public place about the place they work, but what gives you the right to come on here and insult the hard working individuals that are there, committing themselves to their job, to the customers that come in, that will literally make them .35 cents after talking to them for 15 minutes about which speaker is better. We do it, we commit ourselves to you.
    This lawsuit is about how one company illegally clocked out and clocked back in employees mid shift to make sure that no extra overtime would be paid. The company was audited on a 10 years span and this is where this settlement came from. Yes, illegal, and the reason people are upset. I was there when this event happened, I told the managers this was illegal and they shouldn't do it. But unfortunately, they had no power in this situation. It had nothing to do with the Employees, the management or customers. It was the companies decision and now they are paying for it, literally.
  22.  permalink
    I misplaced my docs during a move, can anyone provide a link or name of the law firm handling the case? Thanks!
  23.  permalink
  24.  permalink
    Key points to discuss;

1. Signatures to get paychecks.
    2. Closing as a sales person and cannot leave until sup allows.
    3. Charge backs on commission when PSC warranty was applied.
    4. Working on schematic as a salesperson as Commision/hourly.
    5. Black Friday, clock in clock out, working 16+ hours.
    6. No benefits and the game of continual probation.
  25.  permalink
    I worked 16+hours on my last
    Black Friday and all of the timecards were mysteriously clocked out and then in around the 8hr mark. i also quit signing the book to get my paycheck after that totally illegal move by the criminals that run Frys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJessrond
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017
    Y'all are illegal immigrants anyway.  

Randy Fry wouldn't hire anyone who can speak English.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlveroP
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2017 edited
    Got sick of this shenanigans real quick. Finally talked to an attorney. Unpaid wages is actually a big deal and since there are so many of us we may qualify for a class action. Here’s more info in interested (they offer free case consultations): https://www.cooperemploymentlaw.com/unpaid-wages-and-overtime/
Add your comments