Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornevve
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2017
    so i think i'm pretty fukt, long story short, it started out as a prank when i slapped a coworker's ass, seriously was all a joke but he took it seriously and filed for sexual harassment against me. am i gonna get fired? i live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford to lose my job. also will this affect me beyond this job? am i gonna go to jail for sexual harassment and have a record slapped on me? will future jobs see this? i'm so scared right now, what am i gonna do?? please help me if there's anyway to lessen the punishment! i've already tried apologizing to said coworker but nothing would change his mind. i'm so fukt omfg i wanna cry right now :face-crying:
  1.  permalink
    ask if you can settle this.
  2.  permalink
    Try to suck his dick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2017
    Welcome to adulthood where actions have consequences.  

If you're a guy, you're lucky the dude didn't deck you
  3.  permalink
    It's only sexual harrasment if you only slap his ass. Slap a girl's ass and then they cannot file it under sexual harrasment but creating a hostile work environment. Even then they need to prove that it's consistent. They can still fire you for inappropriate actions but not for sexual harrasment.
  4.  permalink
    I got slapped on the ass by a guy at work while at Fry's. I guess the environment around
    that employer was that everyone had they're own games that they played. It was a
    friendly environment that we all enjoyed working in and made fun of whatever
    time and opportunity we had. I didn't think anything of it when I got slapped
    on the ass it's not that I really enjoyed it, it was kind of a shock actually.

Guess it depends on the person how seriously they take their work and
    how serious they take respect from their fellow co-workers. It's just
    a game for them. Kinda like football. Heck players get slapped on
    the ass all the time. Do they file sexual harrassment? No.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAcidBurn
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2017
    Guest: I got slapped on the ass by a guy at work while at Fry's. I guess the environment around  
    that employer was that everyone had they're own games that they played. It was a  
    friendly environment that we all enjoyed working in and made fun of whatever  
    time and opportunity we had. I didn't think anything of it when I got slapped  
    on the ass it's not that I really enjoyed it, it was kind of a shock actually.

Man this sounds so familiar, are you in store 19 by chance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2017
    Start preparing for the worst by applying for other jobs.
  5.  permalink
    i slapped a coworker's ass
    nevve: so i think i'm pretty fukt, long story short, it started out as a prank when i slapped a coworker's ass, seriously was all a joke but he took it seriously and filed for sexual harassment against me. am i gonna get fired? i live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford to lose my job. also will this affect me beyond this job? am i gonna go to jail for sexual harassment and have a record slapped on me? will future jobs see this? i'm so scared right now, what am i gonna do?? please help me if there's anyway to lessen the punishment! i've already tried apologizing to said coworker but nothing would change his mind. i'm so fukt omfg i wanna cry right now :face-crying:

Yes. You will be fired, and you deserve to be. The fuck you were thinking man?
  6.  permalink
    Hahahahaha I cannot believe all you super smart ass Fry's employees haven't figured it out yet. First you sit in this forum and talk all kinds of crap about your fellow employees whether they are above or below you. You think that like you nobody really cares about the company on this message board, nobody who’s anybody reads it anyways, so you let loose, fire all canons and disrespect supervisors, sales associates and even the owners who have so graciously given you a gainful means of employment and think nothing of it. And on top of that, the majority of you (just read all the comments posted) feel its ok to disrespect the most important part of the whole perpetual organization, "the customers" which by the way is the only reason you even have a job. Their purchases actually pay your wages, just in case you don’t understand or are too ignorant to know how the process works. No customers = no jobs! No full time, no part time, no nothing! It’s really that simple. Instead of all of you working together to help build a better company you are all so ready and hellbent to conspire together to run it into the ground, and help bury it. Yea I think if I was the owner of Fry’s I would be handing out raises and bonuses to everyone, just for all the effort you Frys employees put forth “refusing” to find ways of improving performance, for the utmost lackluster ways that you do your jobs and your undying lack of customer support. By taking on a self-centered “entitled attitude” that all of you deserve all kinds of perks, benefits, high commissions and high wages, just because you work the hours and schedules you have accepted. You feel you are entitled to the same benefits the owners of the organization have that ability to enjoy, but you are not even willing to give a customer what "they deserve" the most, which is a satisfactory buying experience. Whether a customer comes in to buy a $.99 cent item or a $10,000-dollar item they deserve to be treated exactly the same. With the utmost respect and dignity, because they have come to buy and spend their hard-earned money, that they too have slaved at their jobs to make! Period. It doesn’t matter if they come in to pay full price, or for a sale item, a closeout or use a promo code, they are still a customer and the store’s only source of income. The better you treat them as they walk through the door the more money they are apt to spend, as the store makes money it will eventually find its way back to the pockets of the employees, by getting more hours, raises and maybe even bonuses for jobs well done. Greeting and approaching customers with a warm smile and a genuine interest in helping them find what they are looking for, opens up the doors to unlimited sales possibilities. But if you are so caught up in your own entitlement issues and can’t separate reality from fantasy you won’t be able to think right and be positive. And then the opportunity disappears and that person that just walked in, you know the one you so quickly "stereo typed" as just another whiny customer that just can’t afford to buy anything of value anyways, or maybe that looks like they are there to steal something, in reality they may have walked in to your store intending to purchase a high dollar item. If you put on your professional panties that morning and helped them, it would give you that nice commission check you so desperately need to pay your bills. But no, you in all your wisdom, know better. You look the other way when they look to you for help, besides they aren’t in my department, so you decide they are not worth your effort. You continue talking to your fellow sales associate and you both decide to pretend you did not see them looking at you. You don’t have to be nice, courteous and helpful to every customer, especially if they don’t know what they looking for right? I mean how dare they get mad at me when they don’t know what they are talking about, they are just plain rude. But because you are better than they are, and at that moment you have forgotten anything about customer service you had ever learned, you were not about to humble yourself so that you could put food on your table. Shit you aren’t even willing to do the job you are being paid to perform, even though when you applied you sat through the whole application process and during the interviews you most likely lied and made promises about how good an employee you would be, you were a people person and great at customer service and how you would be that employee that adds benefit to the company. You signed up for and accepted the responsibility to perform your job duties whatever they required. You needed a job, you had to pay your bills, you wanted to be a positive influence and a good American worker, but because you feel you are entitled to everything you haven’t put any effort into working for, now that hot sale and commission is on its way out the door, heading to another store where someone else who does understand what it means to take pride in their work ethic will take that extra effort and show a little or a lot patience and professionalism, and that associate will end up closing that deal. Everyone will be happy at that store. Because they remember what they are all there for to “WORK”! They put forth their best efforts in everything they put their hearts and minds to do and get rewarded accordingly. But not you guys with your uneducated, ignorant, no tolerance entitled attitude, It your fault the customers are leaving. Its your fault hours are being cut, Its your fault the store is doing badly and you still think you deserve more than you are getting. “IDIOTS!” to the very end! Remember you also a consumer of goods, and a customer at some point whether it’s at a retail store, a drive thru or a fine restaurant, if you are paying money you are helping someone else to have a job. And you too deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. If you don’t get the message yet maybe you should go work in the fields picking berries for next to nothing. At least the people that do work in the fields don’t have any misconceptions about reality, they are there to work, to feed their families and pay their bills. And if they work hard enough they may even make the equivalent of minimum wage pay. Then they can go to Fry’s to spend their extremely hard earned dollars, just to have an asshole associate like you guys treat them like shit because its not their job or they don’t make anything off of that sale. “Fry employees” they don’t appreciate or understand how good they really have it. Go suck a big one!
  7.  permalink
    Could you format that a little bit?

I get off on reading angry customer reviews and the like, but that giant wall of text is just a bittttt much.

Also I still have no idea how people find this forum in the first place (can't even remember how I found it).
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2017
    Guest: Could you format that a little bit?  

I get off on reading angry customer reviews and the like, but that giant wall of text is just a bittttt much.  

Also I still have no idea how people find this forum in the first place (can't even remember how I found it).

The human that posted it probably works at Fry's. They don't understand the concept of paragraphs, run-on sentences, etc.
  8.  permalink
    It wouldn't have made a difference whether it was formatted to perfection, the point was made and you either chose to ignore it, couldn't comprehend it or like the wall of text stated just don't care. Its OK to admit your ignorance or even stupidity at least you would have an excuse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Guest: It wouldn't have made a difference whether it was formatted to perfection,

Actually...it would make a difference. It would make the point you were trying to make that much easier to comprehend, and give you just that much more legitimacy.
  9.  permalink
    I always skip giant walls of text. If the person can't formulate their thoughts well enough to create paragraphs, then I assume they won't be contributing worthwhile ideas.

No one wants to read a novel written as a single paragraph.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDrLexus
    You're pretty much screwed. Write a resignation letter, citing personal reasons, and hand it to your manager. That's about the easiest way you'll get out of this. You're fired anyways, so man-up and leave of your own accord.
  10.  permalink
    "Its OK to admit your ignorance or even stupidity at least you would have an excuse."

Yeah... I kind of figured my "ignorance" (refusal to fully read it) was implicit in pointing out what a mess the post was, but alright.
    You can get the general point from the first few lines, so it isn't really worth reading everything anyways, but Yelp reviews are running dry and I was hoping for a little late night entertainment.

Anyways... has anyone even had a future employer contact Fry's? OP could probably just claimed he wasn't making enough commission, or was goofing around too much (if they actually put "inappropriate behavior" somewhere) and get away with it.
  11.  permalink
    @ 5578: tl;dr
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2017
    Guest: "Its OK to admit your ignorance or even stupidity at least you would have an excuse."  

Yeah... I kind of figured my "ignorance" (refusal to fully read it) was implicit in pointing out what a mess the post was, but alright.  
    You can get the general point from the first few lines, so it isn't really worth reading everything anyways, but Yelp reviews are running dry and I was hoping for a little late night entertainment.  

Anyways... has anyone even had a future employer contact Fry's? OP could probably just claimed he wasn't making enough commission, or was goofing around too much (if they actually put "inappropriate behavior" somewhere) and get away with it.

Fry's has an employment reference policy, but I cannot remember its details. It was something along the lines of all calls are forwarded to the Benefits department at home office, and they are only allowed to provide your start date, last day, your position, and if you given written approval, then your pay. I am sure the policy is accessible on the operations webpage.  

Wow. I read the wall of text above. It's very ineffective and it makes a lot of bad assumptions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlveroP
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2017
    Try to do a mutual. Don't feel so bad. :)
Add your comments