Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2017
    I know this is going to be controversial, but everyone I know that had a long-term career at Fry's seems to do really well once they move onto a related company, whether it's in customer service or tech. I think that's because employers know that the Fry's work environment is pure shit and that having a long-term career with such a sadistic company shows some admirable traits: you take orders, have skills dealing with bad customers, coworkers, and managers; show perseverance in the face of unreasonable requests, survive in a company that's looking to fire you for any reason, etc.  

I know a couple of coworkers who went onto Whole Foods and Walmart as store managers after they quit, and they couldn't be happier. You could say that they could have avoided Fry's and gotten there some other way, but Fry's did pave the way for their success. I think that's the only good thing about this place: like others have said, it's a great stepping stone.
  1.  permalink
    So they paved their way to other retail stores. That is a fine career move. I always dreamed of being a Store Manager at a Walmart...
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2017
    Guest: So they paved their way to other retail stores. That is a fine career move. I always dreamed of being a Store Manager at a Walmart...

Why did you take a job at Fry's if you're not interested in working in retail?
  2.  permalink
    Lots of people work retail who aren't interested in working in retail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2017
    And a lot of people are. Don't rain on their parade. I mention Walmart and Whole Foods because two former Fry's managers now manage there and love it.
Add your comments