Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWorrywort
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2018
    I was contacted by loss prevention my former place of employment to discuss an urgent matter. He stated that he would need to speak to me face to face but couldn't tell me why over the phone wouldn't answer any of my questions as to why I would need to come in if I no longer work there and haven't worked there in over a month, all he would say was that he can't discuss it over the phone and he would need to speak to me face to face? Is this a setup? Am I obligated to go talk to him?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    You have no legal obligation to comply with their request
    •  
      CommentAuthorWorrywort
    I asked him if I was in some kind of trouble? And he stated again I can't discuss any of this over the phone I would need to see you face to face and seem very anxious for me to give him a commitment on coming in and talking to him a date a time he even stated that I didn't have to necessarily go back to the store I worked at, that I can go to any of the stores and he would meet me there. Again I'm just wondering if I need to worry about police showing up at my door or is there any legal actions that they can formally take against me if I don't show up? I mean I no longer work there so why would they be calling me in to discuss an urgent matter unless they are trying to implicate that I've done something wrong?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWorrywort
    he also stated that it would be beneficial to me if I came and spoke to him face-to-face. What does that even mean? When I asked if I'm in trouble he repeated again that he is not at Liberty to discuss over the phone. Can anyone tell me what it is that they're trying to do?
  1.  permalink
    Yes, OP.

You are LEGALLY obligated to go in to a Fry's store to talk to this guy. It's listed right under the 37th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2018
    The obvious question is - are you guilty of something with your former employer? If not - don't waste your time worrying.  

That said, if your former employer won't tell you why on the phone, tell them to nicely bug off
Add your comments