Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohnjr08
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2018
    I just interviewed for a Loss Prevention Officer position. I currently am a loss prevention officer for another company (3 years experience) and I am making $15 an hour, so I put $15 down for desired pay on the application.  

The LP Manager and Assistant Manager at Fry's said the pay for LP caps at $16.50 an hour and they offered me $13. I said $14 is the minimum I would accept, and they said they couldn't do it. So I said how about $13.50, and they said the max they could do is $13.25. They gave me a conditional job offer at $13.25 an hour, but I don't think I will take it.  

How much leeway/flexibility do hiring managers really have at Fry's? Would $14 or more for this position be totally out of the question here? Or are they just playing hard ball?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Commision + Minmum Wage vs Better Hourly Pay
    Fry's Electronics to remove commissions and pay employees hourly rates.
    Should Fry's get rid of commission and pay just hourly?
    n00b: how much does a position at customer service pay?
    This website for sale now on ebay. Lets see how much its worth!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2018
    Fry's is not the place you want to go to negotiate a salary, unless you're going for an executive-level position. You can accept their offer if you're currently unemployed and keep looking for something better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2018
    You actually expect to be paid?