Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    About six months ago, I purchased a Samsung Smart UHD 65' TV for almost $1000 including extended in-store warranty, delivery, and sales taxes at Fry's in Fountain Valley. The screen was showing a slight crack in the upper-part about six months later after mounting it to the wall. I called Fry's and two technicians checked it out. I called Fry's back afterward and they had me call the manufacturer. I called Samsung and they said because it was physical damage to the screen that they would not cover it. They advised that I call Fry's because I have an extended warranty. I was informed by Fry's that I have a one-time replacement clause in my Fry's warranty. They also set up for another third party technician to diagnose my TV again. I was already covered by Samsung for a three-year on the manufacturer's warranty, but they said the damage wasn't covered and referred me to Fry's because of the extended warranty.  

I am waiting for my TV to be diagnosed by a third party set up by Fry's. Meanwhile, I am trying to find out if the one-time replacement clause covers me in this instance. I feel it should since the breakage wasn't my fault to begin with. I further researched and found out that many times a defect where a component within heats up causes the crack to appear. It is on the inside of the TV and not on the exterior at all; when the TV is off you cannot see a crack. Does one-time replacement cover?  

My question is does a one-time replacement cover this? Otherwise, I am afraid that my warranty from the in-store (Fry's) is identical to the manufacturer's and a waste of money. The clerk advised me that I would be extending the manufacture's warranty by two years, which was wrong to begin with, especially if the replacement isn't part of it.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Electronics, Inc. : Fry's dropped and broke Widescreen TV
    Broken laptop screen and warrenty question?
    Crash Computers W/ Blue Screen Of Death
    nice screen name
    What is Frys comission rate for TV sales?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2018 edited
    Screen cracked due to thermal expansion is not covered under warranty or PSC and everyone will tell you it's your fault. Take Samsung to court.