Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2008 edited
    I've been told by a couple of associates and one sup that there is an undercover EEOC agent working at the Duluth store (I work in the Alpharetta store) and he is building a case against Fry's especially on the 10-minute break rule WHEN CLEARLY GA LAW SAYS 15 MIN. every four hours and labor laws broken on inventory day, etc. Do you think it is a rumor? I've NEVER seen a rumor spread from store-to-store without it even being true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2008
    Seriously doubt it. The only way the rumor would have started, if it were indeed valid, would have been if the associate in question had told someone, starting said rumor. Being an "undercover agent," this is highly improbable. Even if he were undercover, it would be as an accessory sales, or some other ease of entry position. Why would he invest the time and effort to become a sup? If the EEOC was actually interested, they would probably just interview the associates, or some other avenue of inquiry, rather than invest the time and resources comparable to that of a government agency. Also, seriously? Does anyone seriously believe anyone gives a rat's ass if Fry's gives 10 minute breaks as opposed to 15? Some disgruntled accessory sales was probably the origin of this tale. Two stores in one state would not be enough for any fingers to be raised. We're not Wal-mart, even at a national level.  

I expect better from Fry's employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2008 edited
    Sasquatch:Seriously doubt it. The only way the rumor would have started, if it were indeed valid, would have been if the associate in question had told someone, starting said rumor. Being an "undercover agent," this is highly improbable. Even if he were undercover, it would be as an accessory sales, or some other ease of entry position. Why would he invest the time and effort to become a sup? If the EEOC was actually interested, they would probably just interview the associates, or some other avenue of inquiry, rather than invest the time and resources comparable to that of a government agency. Also, seriously? Does anyone seriously believe anyone gives a rat's ass if Fry's gives 10 minute breaks as opposed to 15? Some disgruntled accessory sales was probably the origin of this tale. Two stores in one state would not be enough for any fingers to be raised. We're not Wal-mart, even at a national level.  

I expect better from Fry's employees.

ITS ALOT MORE THAN JUST THE 10 MIN BREAK......THAT IS THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG FROM WHAT I"VE BEEN TOLD!!!!!! People lie in interviews......put an agent of the EEOC actually expericening what a Fry's associate goes through makes sense. I remember that is how (underconver agent) that Bank of America got caught in some sexual harassment scandal years ago. Who knows?
  1.  permalink
    It's california state law that your supposed to have scheduled 15 minute breaks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Yeah, but nobody important cares.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Once in a while you get those weird employees that act like their agents. I think you get DEA employees working at Fry's once every year.i am a worm.
  2.  permalink
    Sasquatch:Yeah, but nobody important cares.

I wouldn't classify a government agency as "nobody". If they didn't care, then why would they bother at all?
  3.  permalink
    Sasquatch:Yeah, but nobody important cares.

Hey Sasquatch, do you work for Fry's corporate office? You always seem to take the side of the company over the employees. You're pro-Fry's stance is VERY rare among non-management employees......hmmmmmmm
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2008
    I just love Fry's. Who doesn't? As far as breaks go, I don't even take them. So hearing people complain that ten minutes is not enough just sounds childish to me. Especially when all the ten minute breaks in my department wind up being twenty anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2008
    Here in Arizona there is no law requiring breaks of any sort except for minors. So if you think you have it bad for having ten minutes, try working for a fast-food company here. Most companies give breaks out of thoughtfulness, but it's not something thats required.Superhero!