Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbigcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2019
    What do I need to do to be successful in this role?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Sales - Components or AT?
    Just started with Frys new lackie
    What is the hourly rate for working at Frys?
    Benefits for working at Frys
    Components Sales Help
  2.  permalink
    Sell performance guarantees:)
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2019
    Find work elsewhere
  3.  permalink
    Learn layout of the store and help people around.  
    Be friendly, and ask for job opportunities you maybe able to do.  
    Keep in touch & get out of Fry's  

Real Answer?  
    - Ask long timers about which components are popular, & read about their uses and variations (if you don't know)  
    - go out of your way to memorize where important stuff are  
    - go out of your way to make sure everything looks nice and presentable  
    - be impossibly likable and avoid problems.
  4.  permalink
    Focus only on routers and security. If you can learn those two categories, you'll be fine. Also learn to sell PSC.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbigcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2019 edited
    3 weeks in, I thought I would give an update...  

I just had a good week, caught 1 shoplifter, which netted a $50 reward from loss prevention, figured out how to write quotes... for everything... and had a good Saturday with $140+ in commissions (a Saturday), followed by a $114 Sunday with lower traffic. colleagues and supervisors telling me how great I am doing. It's getting fun, and I enjoy helping people. The only bad experience so far was selling a powerline extender to a customer and saw him returning it as I walked in the next day, knowing it did not solve his problem. Did my best to help him with the options available, but know how frustrating it is when it doesn't work as hoped.  

Replying to Randy's post, I quote up/invoice everything. If you have an NTE part for 1.89 in your hand, you are getting a quote on it. 20% of those have turned into $10 commissions by talking to them and suggesting things, and the rest, well it adds up.  

Really disappointing in how poorly system builds commission, they take a lot of time, are a lot of fun, but only make commission on the power supplies and accessories. Build a $3500 power rig for a kid today over 40 minutes of time and only made $20, while the guy who sold the monitor, with warranty made $60 for 10 minutes on a referred sale. Not bitter at all, happy for him, but just sucks as helping people with builds takes expertise and that is not rewarded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbigcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2019 edited
    4 weeks in, still going good. My killer sales have dropped off a bit, not sure if I am not on my game or just slow because the weather has be decent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbigcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2019 edited
    Well, 7/8 weeks in, still good... the organization is strong and I have learned some new skills on the sales front. Who knew, sales is fun! Income-wise, I am leading the pack, and earning equivalent to a 40k job, which is unlikely in traditional retail roles. Possible, yes, but requires experience and knowledge to sell the product.  

EDIT: Adding on, I caught another shoplifter and got another $50 reward, sales have been increasing, averaging $110/day in commisions on a 7 hour shift in components. I always help the customers first, and upsell when the opportunity to provide a better value and product experience for the customer. This means selling the customer on the value of an Arlo vs dlink camera system, 4k NVR swann vs the 1080p coax on sale version, and never selling a damned range extender, ever. If they are buying a range extender, they need a new router or mesh system. It is not easy, but generally educating the customer on costs of internet annually, over life of equipment, make investing $350 on a great system smarter than putting range extender band aids on. Have had very little business clients so far in switches, but a few buying 20-30 patch cables, which commission well. BTW, air cans give a decent commission as well, it all adds up.  

PSC's are nice, and I usually can judge if they are a good candidate up front, always offer it, but push strongly with customers that are making bigger investments (i.e. an Orbi or Arlo system, all motherboards, video cards carry a 3 yr warranty usually anyways, so I offer it up to the person making 3-5k builds, but usually not worth it for the value builders).
    •  
      CommentAuthorrootvg
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2019
    Does anyone here know what's up with the Concord location? I was there three weeks ago, very little stock on the shelves and then last night...almost nothing. It wasn't even worth driving up there.  

Something is going on with that store but no one's talking.