Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    That's the target date for shutdown, at least according to the manager of my local store (somewhere in Texas). We worked together at this location until I left in '07, he's been the SM for quite some time. According to him, the Fry brothers have sold off their stakes in sports teams, their private jets, and anything and everything else related to the business with the intent to retire after the stores are all closed.  

I don't necessarily know how the hell the store will make it til then with no new merchandise coming in, but I guess they want to milk one more holiday season out of them.
  2.  permalink
    IDK how Fry's is making enough revenue nevermind profit to keep the lights on nevermind make payroll these days. I am not surprised that Randy Fry wants to retire. I imagine that they're just hoping that a skeleton crew might turn a meager profit over the holiday, but I'm not sure that they have enough inventory without a drastic unexpected influx of inventory to run a remotely viable holiday season.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2019
    I wonder why they're not just shutting down abruptly, liquidating all assets and riding off into the sunset. A restaurant I worked at did that and laid everyone off out of the blue. Wish I could have worked that day because there were some fine bottles of wine, champagne, cognac, T-Bone steaks and two $500 cash registers I would have taken home as a severance package.
  3.  permalink
    Charlie: I wonder why they're not just shutting down abruptly, liquidating all assets and riding off into the sunset. A restaurant I worked at did that and laid everyone off out of the blue. Wish I could have worked that day because there were some fine bottles of wine, champagne, cognac, T-Bone steaks and two $500 cash registers I would have taken home as a severance package.

I've never seen them make one decision that makes sense to me in the entire time this store has existed, so I have no idea. I guess there's some shady back-channel shit going on that still puts money in their pockets, so they'll be able to squeeze a little bit more out over the next 6 months or so.