Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2019
    Maybe these are all just rumors: https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/10/frys-tries-to-quell-rumors-of-its-demise-as-customers-worry-about-empty-shelves/  

I mean, nobody in Fry's corporate would ever tell any lies, right?  

:face-angel:
  1.  permalink
    The tariffs probably aren't helping matters, but I don't think that they are the primary cause. Fry's clearly doesn't have a ton in reserves for buying inventory. My local store has been slowly looking more and more empty for years. First top stock when away. Then they removed some shelving. Then floor stacks starting going away. They have been slowly reducing inventory in stores for a while. Some of the inventory they stopped carrying was junk that they probably shouldn't have ever carried in the first place, but some of it stuff people would have bought if it were there. I think Fry's PR is like the Iraqi Information minister during the Iraq War. They will deny that there are fundamental problems until the day before they liquidate the stores and the company ceases to do anything beyond leasing the buildings that they own.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgarbanzo
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2019
    Surprised the San Jose Murky News published that. Fry's has had full page ads in their newspaper for many, many years.  

Also appears they still do: http://image.frys.com/art/newpaperlanding/newspaperads.html  
    Wonder who they pissed off this time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2019
    Time to pull out the.....

bs repellent.jpg