Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    7pm tonight all Frys locations are officially closed. Bankruptcy paperwork to be filed tomorrow. RIP.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2021
    Goodbye foreverFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  2.  permalink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2021 edited
    S A D T R O M B O N E  

•  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Wow! I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner. PPE sales must have kept the company afloat during the pandemic.
  3.  permalink
    Man its been 20 years since I worked there but man a few of my former co workers were still there in management positions and I hope they come out alright. I worked returns at store 17 reason I left was 9/11 found out a relative was on one of the planes and manager told me no reason I could not work not like I could do anything since he was already dead..... I quit once I confirmed my vacation left and quit the day I came back.  
    I did still shop there for components hell my hard drive was from there but last few years they had babkas
    •  
      CommentAuthort0rrent
    12 years gone for me from store 21. Last time I was there for anything, I think I saw two or three people left from when I quit. The dying husk was on life support for years, and the last few times I was there, shelves were barren, staff was non existent. Only reason I'll miss the store is in it's heyday, it was the best place to find more obscure Playstation/Nintendo JRPG's if you forgot to preorder or was a few weeks late on the bandwagon. They also used to carry a healthy supply of fighting sticks for all the consoles, even got my Razer Panthera Evo stick from there a couple years ago.
  4.  permalink
    Sad to read about this. I hope everyone can find new work.
  5.  permalink
    It’s funny that when I got fired in 2016 I couldn’t believe that a company that was clearly struggling could afford to fire good employees. Now I’ve moved on to much better things and Frys is buried in the dust. Guess I got the last laugh after all. But even in 2016 I could tell Frys was not a good company to work for and was told that being fired was actually a blessing in disguise. I can definitely say now getting fired was the best thing ever.
  6.  permalink
    Met alot of good people at Frys and had some good times. But fuck that company. Good riddance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcyberdogg
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2021 edited
    I return after 14 years to celebrate Fry's Electronics' demise.  

Former lowly 8.50/hour slave in the receiving department at Tempe AZ store for one calendar year. Won two faux awards for best team work and best coverage (most hours clocked in a short period as consistent).  

I suffered abuse (hostile work environment, i.e. workplace bullying and backstabbing) at the hands of the jerk department manager with a massive ego as powertripping, who got transferred out to a CA location following my TWO filed complaints about his aggressive and abusive attitude that included obstructing my work tasks like refusing to hand me the frigging key to open the cage full of cardboard for baling. Being a cardboard baler is one of the hardest and most stressful jobs in the retail industry. I labored for nearly one year being a frigging cardboard baler and yet Frys Electronics crapped on me.  

Store manager (a corrupt coward) told me nothing at fault could be found about my allegation of abuse, and I walked out of the job with dual middle fingers that last work day.  

Later soon after I walked out of the sh!t job, someone who is a former co-worker as an insider told me the same abusive department manager got transferred to CA location, which proves the corrupt and cowardly store manager lied to my face. It's all about cronyism to worship at the altar of cutthroat capitalism.  

Good riddance to bad rubbish. That's you, Fry brothers John, Randy, Dave and family full of the vile stench of narcissism, corruption and avarice. Eat sh!t and go f**k yourself, Fry family.  

Also, remember these, Fry brother d!ckweed a$$holes?  

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/frys-electronics-executive-accused-of-embezzling-65-million/  

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2008-dec-23-fi-frys23-story.html  

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Former-Fry-s-executive-guilty-in-embezzlement-case-2310208.php  

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Ex-Fry-s-exec-gets-6-years-for-embezzling-2393214.php  

https://www.eeoc.gov/newsroom/frys-electronics-sued-sexual-harassment-and-retaliation  

https://www.eeoc.gov/newsroom/frys-electronics-pays-23-million-settle-eeoc-sexual-harassment-and-retaliation-lawsuit  

https://www.eeoc.gov/newsroom/federal-court-hammers-frys-electronics-discovery-abuses-eeoc-harassment-suit

fuck_outdated_frys_mascot.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2021
    The writing has been on the wall for years and it had finally come for the end of the Fry's Electronics era. Of course, they had to claim COVID had something to do with it as one final lie. With or without Covid, this was happening.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  7.  permalink
    cyberdogg: I return after 14 years to celebrate Fry's Electronics' demise.  

Former lowly 8.50/hour slave in the receiving department at Tempe AZ store for one calendar year. Won two faux awards for best team work and best coverage (most hours clocked in a short period as consistent).  

I suffered abuse (hostile work environment, i.e. workplace bullying and backstabbing) at the hands of the jerk department manager with a massive ego as powertripping, who got transferred out to a CA location following my TWO filed complaints about his aggressive and abusive attitude that included obstructing my work tasks like refusing to hand me the frigging key to open the cage full of cardboard for baling. Being a cardboard baler is one of the hardest and most stressful jobs in the retail industry. I labored for nearly one year being a frigging cardboard baler and yet Frys Electronics crapped on me.  

Store manager (a corrupt coward) told me nothing at fault could be found about my allegation of abuse, and I walked out of the job with dual middle fingers that last work day.  

Later soon after I walked out of the sh!t job, someone who is a former co-worker as an insider told me the same abusive department manager got transferred to CA location, which proves the corrupt and cowardly store manager lied to my face. It's all about cronyism to worship at the altar of cutthroat capitalism.  

Good riddance to bad rubbish. That's you, Fry brothers John, Randy, Dave and family full of the vile stench of narcissism, corruption and avarice. Eat sh!t and go f**k yourself, Fry family.  

Store Manager wouldn't happened to have been dave Burt? Man was a a$$ and a half. I quit mid november 2001 september 17th I found while at work, mom called me, that a family member had been on the second plane to hit the towers I broke down at the returns desk and asked to go home. You know what the asshole said to me ( fyi same guy was still working there just last year) he said Well there is not anything you can do really there is no body so no you can't go home. Mind you this was 4 months after finding out that the vietnamese government had found my dads remains and I had asked for time off a few days to go home and bury him a$$hole said almost the same thing no it will throw off my time sheet so for a hour I sat in the returns cage crying til Dave saw me and asked what happened told him and he said jesus christ wtf Go home take a few days do what needs to be done. But nothing happened to asshole but he did get promoted the next year.
  8.  permalink
    Here to pay my respects.  

I was fired 10 years ago.  

Store 24 in Concord California was awesome as hell.  

All the stuff you buy at Fry’s has ended up in a landfill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    It's bittersweet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcyberdogg
    Former Fry’s Drone; yes. Dave Birt.  

Totally corrupt fata$$ with gay mustache and had a hardon for GW Bush with a small bobble head statue in his office of cronyism, corruption and corporate whoredom. He was the equivalent of a corporate gigolo for the evil, prideful and greedy Fry family.

B99DE14F-9003-4392-808D-D02258A87500.jpeg
    •  
      CommentAuthorcyberdogg
    For your amusement, input “Fry electronics” for tweets, some critical.  

Hit “latest” for recent comments.  

https://twitter.com/search?q=Fry%20electronics&src=typed_query  

Former Fry’s drone: this is evidence of the jacka$$ store manager.  

https://twitter.com/AifPhotography/status/1364602877726121986

F9F2A80D-ECA6-4F6D-B21B-40FF45649840.jpeg
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    You guys should be happy. Best Buy is hiring.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2021 edited
    Bright side, I don't have to worry about that stupid deferred compensation check they send me every year anymore. I gladly forgo the whopping seventy dollars to not need to worry about tracking down a W-2 every year. It was like herpes*, just go away already!  

*Sasquatch does not have herpes, online or IRL.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2021
    Can't wait to see what their bankruptcy files will list as creditors and for how much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMLS
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2021
    The evil has been defeated!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadigm
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2021
    Good