Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2021
    It's like it's such a tragedy that the stores shut down. Nobody's focusing on the all the workers that were given a two-hour notice of termination or how otherwise cut-throat the job was. All people can think about are the "memories" they had with the store. What a crock of shit. Even the vendors hated it. And now the execs get to land in their golden parachutes. Lame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2021
    The good publicity you're seeing are mostly from people who have never worked a day in their lives at Fry's, or worked there briefly and just got lucky with some cool managers and coworkers etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCharlie
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2021
    F
    r3j3ct: The good publicity you're seeing are mostly from people who have never worked a day in their lives at Fry's, or worked there briefly and just got lucky with some cool managers and coworkers etc.

There's only two or three people in a company with 14,000 employees that were lucky enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKinzu
    • CommentTime5 days ago
    I worked at the Austin Store from 2009 til the end of 2011 and after that 2011 year I'm shocked they lasted another 10 years. Even as a former employee who knew how bad it things were going I'm still a bit sad to see it gone. I still enjoyed going to the Vegas store during vacations out there. I usually always stopped by the Duluth store when I made trips to Atlanta. I still have fond memories of the Austin location before I worked there and it does suck knowing there will probably never be another store quite like what Fry's offered. At its best it was an experience unlike any other for a tech hobbyist. The closes thing we have now is probably MicroCenter, but they tend to be a bit smaller than Fry's and in far fewer locations. They also lack the theming which was such a unique trait for Fry's stores.  

Shame that Fry's management was so terrible at the top and seemingly much more concerned with their personal bank accounts than the companies.