Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I know about 20 people at our store that want to quit but can't because they are afraid it could take 3-4 months to find a job and most of them don't have 3-4 months of living expenses saved up (who does really).
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008
    I want to quit working at Fry's badly but alot of places have job freezes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    The average commison right now for the week in my store is around 200-300 a week which is terrible. Fry's needs to cut back on the hours people work to give sales people a better chance to make money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemchek12
    Good luck.  

A good extra money maker for you is bootleg software. Paul Macias has mastered this particular market. Also be sure to give prospective customers a fake name so you can keep being a "big Playa, Dawg" at Frys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    When the store is doing bad they put more people in Sales. When the store is doing good they put less. Why?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    its not only about sales people  

and at my store the sales guys make around 500-600 a paycheckLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    last week our top gun who normally makes 800-1000 a week only made $500 and no one else cracked 700.. it's pitiful.. But I could easily get a new job if I wanted to and have been pondering that, but I will not quit untill I find a new job first, I'm not stupid.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    It's hard to find such decent pay at extremely flexible hours.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    Sasquatch:It's hard to find such decent pay at extremely flexible hours.

hard to find a $40k a year job yes, but I really dont need $40k to live off of.. :face-devil-grin:I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    You could just move to the greater Phoenix area, we have an awesome job economy..Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2010 edited
    cashier27: its not only about sales people  

and at my store the sales guys make around 500-600 a paycheck

This here was the reason I stayed at Fry's so long, kept trying to get the sales job and that kind of pay...but I'm better off where I am now despite the lesser pay. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2010
    I take that back, I meant "lesser pay" in that I don't make $500 per paycheck....but I make more than I did as a cashier at Fry's.
  2.  permalink
    commission only is a joke. especially when you have to do a mandatory schematic and stay a half hour after the store closes to help with go backs. frys is a joke. they're going to get sued
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2010
    Guest: they're going to get sued

So....do you, or anyone for that fact, have the huevos to take them on, and legally call them on the carpet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010 edited
    ObiWan:
    Guest: they're going to get sued

So....do you, or anyone for that fact, have the huevos to take them on, and legally call them on the carpet?

While employed at Fry's you should take every opportunity to document illegal activity. You can use this documentation to sue Fry's.  

For documenting I recommend sending a text or email to yourself from your cell phone. Also take pictures if needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010
    Good recommendations. If y ou send a text or e-mail to yourself, document the date, time, who, where, etc. Get specific.  

Good idea on the photos also. As some prior posts noted, Fry's, at least in the past, made it a habit to block exits after hours so that employees were essentially "locked in". That sort of stuff is msot definitely against life safety and fire codes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010
    with the new technology available today you can even send out gps location data and inherent with that is time stamp, also email and twitter time stamps as well.
  3.  permalink
    "Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in." Michael Corleone