Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2008 edited
    I have....I felt sorry for him. I was walking through software and saw a kid, between 14-18, in a wheelchair with some mental and physical problems. I saw him stealing some PSP games and I said fuck it. This poor kid will probably never feel the touch of a women, have kids, play sports, have friends etc that all humans crave to have. I shed a tear for him (no joke) nodded my head at him and walked away. That whole day made me appreciate all that I have and not to take it for granted.  

Knowing the assholes in LP they would have probably thrown him head first into the LP room and thinking about their bonus for capturing someone else.....SICK!!!!!!:face-crying: Money should never corrupt your feelings as a human.  

" Compassion over judgement is the rule to freedom". Dont remember who said this.
  1.  permalink
    maybe it was a cry for help.  
    maybe he wanted you to notice him and turn him in so he knew someone cared.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2008
    Stealing is stealing no matter who you are. I would of turned him in.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Get this disabled dude off the streets. He can live a better life in prison. It's pretty common for wheel chaired people steal for some reason.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    stealing is stealing, but the actions you do have to be reasonable  

like this one time at a store, i saw this kid wid his mom grab a piece of candy from the candy counter  
    and put it in his pocket  

wat u think im gonna go to the manager or office and tell them that he is trying to steal?  

no i just went up to his mother and informed her wat her child was doing  
    she said thanks for tell her and had her child put the candy back and told him it wasnt right to steal  

see...the level of actions differ in any situation of stealingLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
  2.  permalink
    Not really. I remember this older woman in a motorized scooter stealing and Xbox 360 in the basket. Didn't buy anything.Why is there an S in Lisp?
  3.  permalink
    That Guy in Duluth: Not really. I remember this older woman in a motorized scooter stealing and Xbox 360 in the basket. Didn't buy anything.

Was that the one who faked the heart attack or the one who started acting like a cat when the cops arrived?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    What a weirdo. The things people do to make everyone think they are insane.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009
    meinside100:
    That Guy in Duluth: Not really. I remember this older woman in a motorized scooter stealing and Xbox 360 in the basket. Didn't buy anything.

Was that the one who faked the heart attack or the one who started acting like a cat when the cops arrived?

I wonder if she had that planned out if she got caught..it's like.. "If i have a heart attack they'll let me go.." but that didn't work so in a quick thought.. I know!! "Meeeeeeoooooowww"Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    so what was this person trying to act like a cat for?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    cashier27: stealing is stealing, but the actions you do have to be reasonable  

like this one time at a store, i saw this kid wid his mom grab a piece of candy from the candy counter  
    and put it in his pocket  

wat u think im gonna go to the manager or office and tell them that he is trying to steal?  

she said thanks for tell her and had her child put the candy back and told him it wasnt right to steal  

see...the level of actions differ in any situation of stealing

That summed up my thoughts quite well. Be reasonable- but still prevent the loss.  

I do report everything to my supervisor/manager though, it's my job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Suzukiman: so what was this person trying to act like a cat for?

Easy explanation... her first well-thought out plan didn't work.. and since she thought it would work, she never thought of a second plan in case.. people do stupid things when trying to hurry up.. I guess acting like a cat was the first thing that popped in her head.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  5.  permalink
    it's not as bad as knowing of associates stealing tv's and cant say nothing...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009
    nice there is the legal way to steal and an illegal way smart thieves are never caught.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  6.  permalink
    someone:

Easy explanation... her first well-thought out plan didn't work.. and since she thought it would work, she never thought of a second plan in case.. people do stupid things when trying to hurry up.. I guess acting like a cat was the first thing that popped in her head.

There is a cashier at the San Diego store who acts like cat every day. No one seems to care anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    SDCherryPicker:
    someone:

Easy explanation... her first well-thought out plan didn't work.. and since she thought it would work, she never thought of a second plan in case.. people do stupid things when trying to hurry up.. I guess acting like a cat was the first thing that popped in her head.

There is a cashier at the San Diego store who acts like cat every day. No one seems to care anymore.

I knew a girl in gradeschool named Taylor who acted like a cat and scratched and hissed at people. Stupid hoe. But we did make wicked mudpies together.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    In third grade, this kid jumped off the swings at the apex of the arc. He broke both his arms. Poor guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ha haLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2009
    Joshua:
    cashier27: stealing is stealing, but the actions you do have to be reasonable  

and put it in his pocket  

see...the level of actions differ in any situation of stealing

That summed up my thoughts quite well. Be reasonable- but still prevent the loss.  

I do report everything to my supervisor/manager though, it's my job.

You being paid to turn these people in and you signed a contract. By not turning them in that basically makes you a liar. I think you should do it if it's your job. If you saw a crippled person stealing something from you would you stop them?Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
  7.  permalink
    Should rephrase that: If you saw a crippled person stealing something VALUABLE from you, would you stop them.  

[rhetorical question]
  8.  permalink
    Stealing is stealing. Stealing food to survive is one thing. Stealing electronics... yeah.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2009
    That Guy in Duluth: Stealing is stealing. Stealing food to survive is one thing. Stealing electronics... yeah.

Certain people might disagree but regardless of what it is taking something against it's owners will is wrong. And I think it should be turned in when caught. (from the position of an employee).Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2009 edited
    That Guy in Duluth: Stealing is stealing. Stealing food to survive is one thing. Stealing electronics... yeah.

I agree with the comment.  
    Id beat the shit out of anyone stealing my shit. Unless it was food and I knew they were starving. There have been times in my life I was so utterly unspeakably poor I'd contemplated stealing a roll. I 'stole' 6 or 7 free samples of cookies at the paradise bakery and counted them as a meal. Alot. I was that po'.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009 edited
    AyaHu:

Id beat the shit out of anyone stealing my shit. Unless it was food and I knew they were starving. There have been times in my life I was so utterly unspeakably poor I'd contemplated stealing a roll. I 'stole' 6 or 7 free samples of cookies at the paradise bakery and counted them as a meal. Alot. I was that po'.

Getting 1 cookie sample for free is one thing but stealing 6? lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009 edited
    asdf:
    AyaHu:

Id beat the shit out of anyone stealing my shit. Unless it was food and I knew they were starving. There have been times in my life I was so utterly unspeakably poor I'd contemplated stealing a roll. I 'stole' 6 or 7 free samples of cookies at the paradise bakery and counted them as a meal. Alot. I was that po'.

They were samples, not legitimate sized cookies. They were cut into about 8ths.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    asdf:
    AyaHu:

Abusing samples != stealing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    I have a heart, I would be giving them (the starving) food if I met someone starving but for them to take it from me without me saying it's okay is still wrong.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    dont mind the glue on my hands:face-angel:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    samples = to everyone limit one per person  

foreach samples as sample do  
    giveperson sample;  
    done
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    but i want all.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    asdf: samples = to everyone limit one per person  

foreach samples as sample do  
    giveperson sample;  
    done

Exactly. I used to steal them all the time because I was po'.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    and it's a good thing you where"po" otherwise you would have been able to afford food and you might not have had such a fine physic.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    Statistically, the richer are more fit, and the poorer are fatter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    Yes. That is so.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    Lol must not have been that "po" then.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009 edited
    Um no, I've lost 40 pounds since then.... It's been about 6 years or so.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    Do you have a pic of you before? I mean you look great now I oculdn't imagine you with 40 lb.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    It's like trying to imagine Jessica Alba 40 pounds heavier.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    It's like picturing Ally McBeal normal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Zing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    asdf: It's like picturing Ally McBeal normal.

ROFL. Nice.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch: It's like trying to imagine Jessica Alba 40 pounds heavier.

But she's hispanic. It's so easy.Superhero!
  9.  permalink
    AyaHu:
    Sasquatch: It's like trying to imagine Jessica Alba 40 pounds heavier.

But she's hispanic. It's so easy.

I bet they could say otherwise. I have seen several that roll more than walk. :p  

It's just good genes or bad genes. I got bad genes. :face-crying:Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    Sometimes its the pain you put into dieting and working out. Some people require CONSTANT upkeep to maintain the slender figures.Superhero!
  10.  permalink
    For myself, I have an awful diet but keep fit with activities. I guess all of our bodies work different... Then again, I've probably got another good year or two to live with the way I eat and sleep- I'm being optimistic here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I have to diet all the time and work out all the time to stay slender, it really sucks, but oh, the pain we go through for beauty. Some people are just slender. They probably wish they were rounder. Grass is always greener.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    Oh Aya. You wish to have my figure I already know. I'm 115.:face-angel: I drink coke eat reeses and am really one of the guys.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Ah, yeah, but then again, the endorphins of the food would go away if I ate all the time :S I drink coke, I always have. Well, Mountain Dew, Cherry coke.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009
    all i say is aha to all you skinny people 250 but look like 200 so hah yes my normal diet is rabbit food lettuce and carrots but still weigh 250 oh well.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009
    Is 250 large for a guy?Superhero!