Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    My favorite....one of my buddies from software told me this......"Does a PS2 play PS3 games?" No they didn't get it mixed up!!!! My friend told him, "Sir, if the PS2 can play PS3 games then what is the point of even making a PS3"!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2008
    Some people are just less knowledgeable than others, can't avoid that. I just roll my eyes, and answer/correct them. :face-plain:I shit trains, Now what?
  2.  permalink
    i get people like that all the time.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    biggysmalls:i get people like that all the time.

Unfortunately over 85% of the population is blatantly idiotic.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Those are the ones we send to fight the aliens.
  3.  permalink
    Some guy asked me today where we sold VHS tapes. I laughed at him and walked away.
  4.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker:Some guy asked me today where we sold VHS tapes. I laughed at him and walked away.

What's VHS? :face-sad:
  5.  permalink
    meinside100:
    SDCherryPicker:Some guy asked me today where we sold VHS tapes. I laughed at him and walked away.

What's VHS? :face-sad:

I should have said that.  

I saw the guy go over to the PIC to complain and they didn't do shit. I think they laughed at him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcstar
    um we do sell vhs tapes... i'm pretty sure i saw them once a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away...
  6.  permalink
    cstar:um we do sell vhs tapes... i'm pretty sure i saw them once a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away...

I know we sell them for recording and old VHS video camcorders. But I don't think they sell any with Movies on them anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcstar
    omg i didn't even think about someone wanting them with movies on them... i figured he wanted the recordable ones
  7.  permalink
    you shoulda just said whats a vhsi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    Can you tell me where the betamax tapes are? :face-devil-grin:I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    VHS is an edition above VHP (Vista home premium). Its just the Super edition found in the software department.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcstar
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2008
    I love watching customers trying to enter from the exit door. They can't figure out what is wrong so they just keep waving their arms at the sensor thinking that eventually the door will open. But then their eight year old points out the big sign that says "exit" and they shamfaced walk over to the "enter" door, knowing that their eight year is more observant than they are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Now we just need to find out what goes wrong between eight and adult. I blame rap music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Sasquatch:Now we just need to find out what goes wrong between eight and adult. I blame rap music.

Seconded.I shit trains, Now what?
  8.  permalink
    cstar:I love watching customers trying to enter from the exit door. They can't figure out what is wrong so they just keep waving their arms at the sensor thinking that eventually the door will open. But then their eight year old points out the big sign that says "exit" and they shamfaced walk over to the "enter" door, knowing that their eight year is more observant than they are.

That is a classic example of how oblivious some adults act. Honestly, if you aren't willing to hold back your laughter at some people's ignorance you aren't going to do very well in sales in general. For every person who walks in with a modicum of knowledge about computers, software, or A/V you will encounter a good 10 people who are borderline clueless. That's life.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    Former_Frys_geek:
    cstar:I love watching customers trying to enter from the exit door. They can't figure out what is wrong so they just keep waving their arms at the sensor thinking that eventually the door will open. But then their eight year old points out the big sign that says "exit" and they shamfaced walk over to the "enter" door, knowing that their eight year is more observant than they are.

That is a classic example of how oblivious some adults act. Honestly, if you aren't willing to hold back your laughter at some people's ignorance you aren't going to do very well in sales in general. For every person who walks in with a modicum of knowledge about computers, software, or A/V you will encounter a good 10 people who are borderline clueless. That's life.

I think the ratio of clueless to knowledgeable is higher than that...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    God bless America.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Stupidity should be a crime for the benefit of our society.
  9.  permalink
    asdf:Stupidity should be a crime for the benefit of our society.

Yes and politicans play this flaw in the American populus well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrenchfry
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    talking about stupid customers, here are some:  
    Case 1:  
    Customer: Excuse me, I want to get that 2 giga hertz memory that u have on sale today.  
    Me: um, sry, we don't sell any 2 giga hertz memory.  
    Customer gets somewhat annoyed: Wat u mean u don't, I have the ad w/ me.  
    Me: plz show me the ad.  
    Customer reads out loud the ad: PATRIOT DDR2 PC6400 2GB.  
    Me: well clearly it didn't say anything about 2 giga hertz  
    Customer gets somewhat mad, point at the ad: man u're stupid, can't u see the ad printed clearly "2GB" right here?  
    Me: Holding my laugh and walk away...  

Case 2:  
    Customer scream at another associate: get the fk out of here, u're not being helpful.  
    I went to help out the associate, and I found out that the customer is just looking for an AMD CPU fan, but that associate was somewhat busy so he just like kinda pointed him to a one that says support both AMD and Intel.  
    Me to the customer: well he accutally show u the correct one, this one supports both Intel and AMD.  
    Customer screams at me: NO, THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME ONE I BOUGHT YESTERDAY, IT DOESNT SUPPORT AMD BOARDS.  
    Me: well, it clearly says that it can, did u read the instrution carefully? because I believe u have to insert some sort of bracket thing for AMD board.  
    Customer: DUDE, IM NOT STUPID, I READ THAT FREAKING MANUAL LIKE 10 TIMES CAREFULLY, THAT SHIET DOESNT WORK.  
    So I dont want to argue anymore, I just open up one of those box, took it out, show him how to put the AMD socket clip on.  
    Customer: I go home and try again.  

I have a lot more to go, but too much to write, so here's one last one, and my favorite:  
    I dont know if u guys have this toy in ur store, it is this one of those mini size light saber master duplicate thinggie. In short, a star war collection item. So this one dude, I personally believe he's a retard, opened 12 boxes of those, i counted them, no lying. and bring all 12 open boxes to the podium, and asked "WHY DON'T THEY WORK? I DONT SEE ANY LIGHTS COME OUT."
    •  
      CommentAuthorcstar
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Customer walked in and asked where he could find the electronics. After gesturing to the entire store I asked him if he had anything specific in mind...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008
    frenchfry:talking about stupid customers, here are some:  
    Case 1:  
    Customer: Excuse me, I want to get that 2 giga hertz memory that u have on sale today.  
    Me: um, sry, we don't sell any 2 giga hertz memory.  
    Customer gets somewhat annoyed: Wat u mean u don't, I have the ad w/ me.  
    Me: plz show me the ad.  
    Customer reads out loud the ad: PATRIOT DDR2 PC6400 2GB.  
    Me: well clearly it didn't say anything about 2 giga hertz  
    Customer gets somewhat mad, point at the ad: man u're stupid, can't u see the ad printed clearly "2GB" right here?  
    Me: Holding my laugh and walk away...  

Case 2:  
    Customer scream at another associate: get the fk out of here, u're not being helpful.  
    I went to help out the associate, and I found out that the customer is just looking for an AMD CPU fan, but that associate was somewhat busy so he just like kinda pointed him to a one that says support both AMD and Intel.  
    Me to the customer: well he accutally show u the correct one, this one supports both Intel and AMD.  
    Customer screams at me: NO, THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME ONE I BOUGHT YESTERDAY, IT DOESNT SUPPORT AMD BOARDS.  
    Me: well, it clearly says that it can, did u read the instrution carefully? because I believe u have to insert some sort of bracket thing for AMD board.  
    Customer: DUDE, IM NOT STUPID, I READ THAT FREAKING MANUAL LIKE 10 TIMES CAREFULLY, THAT SHIET DOESNT WORK.  
    So I dont want to argue anymore, I just open up one of those box, took it out, show him how to put the AMD socket clip on.  
    Customer: I go home and try again.  

I have a lot more to go, but too much to write, so here's one last one, and my favorite:  
    I dont know if u guys have this toy in ur store, it is this one of those mini size light saber master duplicate thinggie. In short, a star war collection item. So this one dude, I personally believe he's a retard, opened 12 boxes of those, i counted them, no lying. and bring all 12 open boxes to the podium, and asked "WHY DON'T THEY WORK? I DONT SEE ANY LIGHTS COME OUT."

Wow you type like a dumbass and act like other people are stupid? Oh the audacity!!!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008
    You got burned!  

•  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2008
    Well I only get a little peeved by stupid customers that look for "cables without specifically stating what they are for", ask for memory without stating what kind ie ram, flash drives brain power, people who say they saw something in the ad but don't have the copy with them or didn't write down the item from the ad in front, or was looking at last weeks ad.. and no I do not know how much this flash drive was last week.. I try to stay in the present. or when someone asks for a camera and you ask them what kind and they get upset that you don't knw if they are referring to webcams or digital camerasI'm crushing your head... You flathead!