Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2007
    So its always been rumored just like many othe stores that commisioned sales people at Fry's might go to only a flat hourly rate. I hate the draw and I think its really stupid especially when they cut our commisions... They force us to sell their 100% Profit warranties... Whats your opinion? 12-15$ a hour good?Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Should Fry's get rid of commission and pay just hourly?
    Fry's Electronics to remove commissions and pay employees hourly rates.
    Why Would You Cut the Hourly Pay, For Sales People?
    What it's like without hourly pay
    How much flexibility is there on new hire hourly pay?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    No way. Most of our sales guys make way more than $12-15 per hour, and going to a flat hourly pay (ala Best Buy, etc) would just lead to idiotic and apathetic sales people who know they're getting their hourly pay if they help customers or not.  

As it is now, its in the salesman's best interest to help the customer with exactly what they need in order to make a living. This would all go away with a flat hourly pay and give no rewards to the people who actually work their asses off to help every customer that come their way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    man i am not sure how you guys make any money the store i go to has more sales people that customers. I always get hit up by 3-4 sales people. I think you guys oversaturated your stores.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2007
    I would rather make 15$-$20 flat and help customers comfortably without being rude and pushy.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    It would be stupid and lots of good sales men would quit. Customer help will go down.  

FLea, you wouldn't do so, you'd get sick of it soon and give up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    That, and you'd never make that much. It would be like Best Buy where everyone made $11 per hour and no one knew shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2007
    I hear circuit city pays a tiered rate. But they rate you on how many items you sell not the actual gross profit or commission it pays you. I bet it sucks though. I hear people at the top got fired and you think people at the top would be left to stay.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIhatefrys
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2007
    Iused to make 100 a day and 250 on commison on weekend but I would rather get paid a set rate with raises because I would have loved to help everyone even the guy in the lamp section instead of just the guy looking for a home security system when I used to work there
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2007
    Fry's is cutting commisions again... grrr... dam themFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2007 edited
    Cutting commissions helps Frys make more money.  

You have to work harder to pay your bills.  

Ask your supervisor how much gross profit you make for the company I'm sure its 10x more than your paycheck!i am a worm.
  2.  permalink
    its probably well over 10 x more then your paychecksi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2008
    Dilliards had a raise based on sales, so if you made x sales past your goals a month you got however much that equated in raise. Then you had to keep making that to keep your raise. I forget the logistics, I only worked there a day.  
    Im a customer service person myself, I have never found myself bored and I have never worked commission in retail unless you count my day at dilliards. $14 an hour would have satisfied me! But then again back when I worked retail gas was only 1.50!Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    AyaHu:Dilliards had a raise based on sales, so if you made x sales past your goals a month you got however much that equated in raise. Then you had to keep making that to keep your raise. I forget the logistics, I only worked there a day.  
    Im a customer service person myself, I have never found myself bored and I have never worked commission in retail unless you count my day at dilliards. $14 an hour would have satisfied me! But then again back when I worked retail gas was only 1.50!

Why only one day?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008
    Cause I got offered a better job the same day I started there and took it.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2008
    Ah, wait, technically it was four.. two were spent helping with inventory (And by helping I mean working from 8 to 7 PM-AM twice in a row) before I'd been trained, etc. And one was spent being in training. The fourth was on the 'floor'Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9237
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2009
    THEY ARE GOING TO CUT THE HOURLY PAYMENT, AND SALES PEOPLE HAVE TO MAKE MONEY FROM THEIR COMMISSION IS THAT TRUE? NO HOURLY PAYMENT ANYMORE.. ... FOR SALES PEOPLE... EVERYONE WILL QUIT FRYS AND FIND ANOTHER WORK...
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2009
    You will get paid commission only. No hourly wage.
  4.  permalink
    In November of 2009, the Renton, WA and Wilsonville, OR Televisions/AV, Computers and Appliances will now forfeit their hourly Wage.

Formerly low commission items will be raised.

People in other lower paying departments and the respective department's sales support crew will continue to receive their hourly.

Interestingly, today I head many people ask employees if they "are they on commision?" more than I've heard in the last six months.

Interestingly, the business model is the POLAR OPPOSITE of the the average store's business model. This method will not produce lethargic sales people.

The concept fosters an entirely different attitude and corporate culture.

The job will require, drive, constant motivation and it will take an entrepreneurial type above all else.

It is foolish to think successful salespeople will just stand around and collect money, these people will REALLY have to know what they sell.

Time will tell how this implementation will work out for the sale force and the company.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4144
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2009
    Tool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009
    If you like sales get a serious sales position. For the amount of work you do at Fry's the money is not worth it.