Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    McCain urges Bush to ignore Congress!
    I'm voting McCain
    McCain or Obama?
    McCain pulls out of Technology debate by Telegram
    Fry's Violates Privacy and Civilian Law by Searching bags and Checking Reciepts, Also has POOR Cust
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Boy he was really diplomatic thats the type of guy I want in office even though I dont like the idea of banned gay marriages, I definately think thats the level headed diplomacy thats needed in the world. Imagine what Obama wouldve done!!  

But yeah I'd like to be able to marry a chick. Since his word isnt law, even when he's elected its only four years, I dont mind this disagreement I also have with him.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    McCain totally walked in on it. I'm sure they had a mock interview off the air.i am a worm.
  2.  permalink
    Everyone should have the right to get married and then realize in 5 years how miserable they really are.
  3.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker:Everyone should have the right to get married and then realize in 5 years how miserable they really are.

xD  

yup.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    SDCherryPicker:Everyone should have the right to get married and then realize in 5 years how miserable they really are.

Damn straight.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    They should just ban marriage. Marriage is some kind of legal exclusivity contract unless you bind it with a prenuptial contract.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    McCain wouldn't have had the interview unless he specifically wanted to address that issue. Since this was scripted, I'm disappointed that his answer wasn't a little more tactful. Personally, I think gays should have the right to marry. It certainly couldn't be any worse than Joe and Sue Dumbass getting hitched.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2008
    Sasquatch:McCain wouldn't have had the interview unless he specifically wanted to address that issue. Since this was scripted, I'm disappointed that his answer wasn't a little more tactful. Personally, I think gays should have the right to marry. It certainly couldn't be any worse than Joe and Sue Dumbass getting hitched.

It sounded to me she sprung the question on him. I thought that was the most diplomatic approach to show his disagreement. I love gay marriage but if you are going to dispute it dispute it like a champ. John McCain is a champ. He has other qualities I like which are more important than gay marriage, like, hey, keeping the Arizona economy somewhat stable while everyone else is coming up with bank owned 500$ houses. Sure it might not have been all him, but he contributed somehow. Plus I dont want a woman president. They think with their emotions and not their heads.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008
    What would Jesus do?  

What does God define as marriage?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    does it matter what god defines as marriage?Las Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    It probably would matter since he invented it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Who invented god?  
    What came before?  
    How can there be nothing without the concept of something?  
    What exactly was the big bang?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Sasquatch:Who invented god?  
    What came before?  

These are all stories that man made up. Get with the program!i am a worm.
  4.  permalink
    worm:
    Sasquatch:Who invented god?  
    What came before?  

These are all stories that man made up. Get with the program!

omfg conspiracy theory.  

but this IS one of the most interesting threads on here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Man invented God to make Man seem smaller. Now other Men can control other Men through God.i am a worm.
  5.  permalink
    worm:Man invented God to make Man seem smaller. Now other Men can control other Men through God.

LOL.  

Or man can pretend to be controlled by God (god? depends on the religion I guess) to manipulate people's general view of God and make of it his own.  

So people believe in man, not God.
  6.  permalink
    psog_choudai:
    worm:Man invented God to make Man seem smaller. Now other Men can control other Men through God.

LOL.  

Or man can pretend to be controlled by God (god? depends on the religion I guess) to manipulate people's general view of God and make of it his own.  

So people believe in man, not God.

...I guess in extension God is Man? That's why I don't follow religions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008
    god was made up to explain the unexplainable  

lolLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008
    Marriage was made by man, but it was around a lot longer than the bible. Egyptians married, Romans married, Druids married... etc. Far before the invention of the modern 'god'.Superhero!