Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    The store I worked at they were hardly ever promoted and no one ever started conversations with them unless they started first. Most of them looked depressed as hell. Their was one guy that would litterly start crying whenever he saw a girl hug another guy associate....and he would say" Why can't I have that (a hug)?"
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    When the store provides food for associates, who pays for it?
    help from my fellow associates in San Diego store..........
    Which associates do you wish you could fire in your department?
    How much does a Sale's associates get paid?
    How frugally do most associates live?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpsog_choudai
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008 edited
    aww. that sucks.  

but then again, we don't hate on overweight people, really.  

it's really not our fault that their self-esteem is low to begin with. shiet. I'd like to be a little plumper.  

if I were fatter I would like myself and I would portray myself as the person that I am inside. if they fail at realizing that their outside does not constitute their opportunities nor who they are inside, maybe it would be easier for them to give a shot at fixing that and seeing what happens.  

people with low self-esteem do not get upper positions. if they don't have the self-esteem for it they probably do not have the ability to handle the interpersonal relationships and lack the skills they need for higher positions. it's got nothing to do with overweightness. at san diego, the store manager is a little bigger but that didn't stop him from being store manager. I know a lot of bigger-size people above me in rank, too. so...
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    Sean is fat simply because he has more money to buy food. He has better meals than most of us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    psog_choudai:aww. that sucks.  

it's really not our fault that their self-esteem is low to begin with. shiet. I'd like to be a little plumper.  

if I were fatter I would like myself and I would portray myself as the person that I am inside. if they fail at realizing that their outside does not constitute their opportunities nor who they are inside, maybe it would be easier for them to give a shot at fixing that and seeing what happens.  

people with low self-esteem do not get upper positions. if they don't have the self-esteem for it they probably do not have the ability to handle the interpersonal relationships and lack the skills they need for higher positions. it's got nothing to do with overweightness. at san diego, the store manager is a little bigger but that didn't stop him from being store manager. I know a lot of bigger-size people above me in rank, too. so...

Agree with this.  

asdf:Sean is fat simply because he has more money to buy food. He has better meals than most of us.

Actually, usually weight IS related to income, but oppositely. Here in scottsdale you will find 1% overweight...ness... and yet in the rest of phoenix especially the ghetto areas, you have a far higher rate. Maybe it's to do with McDonalds, or maybe its because they get lipo. Who cares.  

In reality, confidence and personality is ALL that matters. All women fall for a man with a good personality and confidence. Women like Jack Black and he's somewhat pudgy.... Im not one... but.. the fact..Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    asdf:Sean is fat simply because he has more money to buy food. He has better meals than most of us.

=]  

than MOST of us.  

I have compromises but I don't square myself away from a good meal just because it's a little on the expensive side. =] I eat very healthy and I eat a lot. =]
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    AyaHu:In reality, confidence and personality is ALL that matters. All women fall for a man with a good personality and confidence. Women like Jack Black and he's somewhat pudgy.... Im not one... but.. the fact..

The only reason why you and other women like Jack Black is because hes a famous celebrity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    asdf:
    AyaHu:In reality, confidence and personality is ALL that matters. All women fall for a man with a good personality and confidence. Women like Jack Black and he's somewhat pudgy.... Im not one... but.. the fact..

The only reason why you and other women like Jack Black is because hes a famous celebrity.

And you cant be a famous celebrity? Where there is a will there is a way.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    AyaHu:
    asdf:

And you cant be a famous celebrity? Where there is a will there is a way.

I'll be famous once I find my pick of destiny.. *gasp*  

but some of us just don't have any skills to become famous for..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    AyaHu:
    asdf:

And you cant be a famous celebrity? Where there is a will there is a way.

Everyone knows the Sass.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemchek12
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2008
    Their was one guy that would litterly start crying whenever he saw a girl hug another guy associate....and he would say" Why can't I have that (a hug)?"

Watch out for that guy. He has psycho written all over him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemchek12
    asdf:

Bingo. Lets see how attractive he is to them if he was Jack Black, plumber. Or jack Black, Walmart cashier.  

It's all about the MONEY.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcstar
    I like fat girls. more cushion for the pushin.
  4.  permalink
    cstar:I like fat girls. more cushion for the pushin.

Exactly what I was thinking. They know how to please. And give the best head becasue they are always hungry.  

Speaking of head. Go listen to this song.  

myspace.com/thecrookedbush
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Demchek12:
    asdf:

Bingo. Lets see how attractive he is to them if he was Jack Black, plumber. Or jack Black, Walmart cashier.  

It's all about the MONEY.

Ummm ... no I dont think so.. if Jack Black had the same amount as a walmart cashier but was still famous, girls would still like him. Witty outgoing people are the best. I am not part of this though because I realize I'm incredibly too wierd to judge what other women think about fat guys. I did have a friend who dated this gigantic (I do not say that lightly... Jack black if he was 1029928X his size) guy for well over a year and she is one of my best looking friends. And smart, but I think only I have ever witness that part of her.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Oh and he lived in the shit ghetto of phoenix... so ;D No money either. He had to borrow her car ALL THE TIME.Superhero!
  5.  permalink
    do you like fat dudes ayahu?i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008
    biggysmalls:do you like fat dudes ayahu?

I think she has a secret crush on Jack Black.i am a worm.
  6.  permalink
    Whenever i see REALLY over weight people i like to toss whatever left over fast food trash at them from my moving vehicle and yell "HERE HAVE SOME MORE!!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    OMG you are so cruel. You should at least share that food with the homeless.
  7.  permalink
    Fuck the homeless, they are able bodied enough to get their own food.  

Huge people need more help, thus my tossing the left overs from my car.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    biggysmalls:do you like fat dudes ayahu?

I dislike all dudes equally. Except Sass <3  
    I guess I like you a bit too. And greencard.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009 edited
    psog_choudai: aww. that sucks.  

"people with low self-esteem do not get upper positions. if they don't have the self-esteem for it they probably do not have the ability to handle the interpersonal relationships and lack the skills they need for higher positions. it's got nothing to do with overweightness"  

Total agreement here. That being said, people with huge self-esteem don't generally get promoted either, because no one likes a no-it-all who is so cocky and arrogant they don't think they can make a mistake. I used to be like that, always thought I was bound to be the best and usually was, then I got the Fried job for some reason I can't recall and everyone who knew me beforehand agrees that my self-esteem took a huge nose-dive. So now that my Fried days are over, I'm working on finding that wonderful middle-ground that I could never find before. I consider Fried a learning experience and now I'm moving on, or trying to anyway...stupid CA job market.  

On another note, there are people who are fat and happy, it does exist, you know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009
    Fat zombie thread.
  8.  permalink
    The managers and sups at Phx store seem to like the bigger girls.  
    The few girls that do look some what good looking are just whores so nothing good at the Phx store, just diseases.....
  9.  permalink
    friedsnake* overweight people make me look good in contrast
  10.  permalink
    Back when I used to work at Fry's, there was this guy named Joe from store 23. He was so overweight, that a secret shopper couldn't see the demo pack around his waist and reported it. He was put on probation. Eventually he transferd from sales to the cage, then quit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010
    Guest: Back when I used to work at Fry's, there was this guy named Joe from store 23. He was so overweight, that a secret shopper couldn't see the demo pack around his waist and reported it. He was put on probation. Eventually he transferd from sales to the cage, then quit.

When was this? I know no Joe. Moe dough low.
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010
    Big Joe. He was in Audio Sales in 2009, then transfered to the cage. You might not be able to picture him, but if it helps, he was the one always making that stupid wookie noise. I think he was only there for about 5-6 months or so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Ohhhhh, that guy. Didn't know he we transfered him in from a sales position. He was a decent guy. Had the best movie trailer voice. Spot on. You know what I mean. In a world, where humans are hunted by robots, only one man can rise beyond his flesh and defeat, you get the idea.
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    Ha, i had forgot about that. Yeah he was funny and a decent guy. He just seemed to really get depressed when a customer would spend a lot of time with him and then leave without buying anything. I kinda felt bad for him.
  11.  permalink
    thats screwed up just dont be social at frys and youll have a blast and eventually move up quick!
  12.  permalink
    Yeah, I'm sure that's the way to do it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysAnon12
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2014
    Isn't there a DDM for the service department that is incredibly overweight? Explain that one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgobo760
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2014
    FrysAnon12: Isn't there a DDM for the service department that is incredibly overweight? Explain that one.
    In my experience, Fry's has never been the place to look if you're trying to find an example of a workplace with "fit" employees. I think every person in my department (with the exception of me and one other guy) were probably over 180 (I'm 135 and the other guy was about 140). Most tended to be in the 200's range.  

I think too often though, people who are medically overweight, will point to those occasional people who are morbidly obese and say "well I'm not fat like that person!" as if they're somehow a healthy body weight because they don't get carried around on a pallet jack.  

Speaking of which, I saw Sean Archer inside McDonalds not too long ago while I was waiting for my order in the drive through line (it was right before he quit Fry's)... so I don't think his size was due simply to having more money to eat "better" meals... unless Big Macs are considered "better meals".
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2014
    I'm 6"2 and 280lbs. 8% body fat. Not everybody over 200 is fat... most are though unfortunately.
  13.  permalink
    Becareful R3ject they might find out who you are...:P

In my store a lot of middle management is overweight.
  14.  permalink
    no need to e-stat R3ject. I'm sure youre "8%" body fat. we're on frysforum not pof. lol, 8%... sure
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2014
    Guest: Becareful R3ject they might find out who you are...:P  

In my store a lot of middle management is overweight.

I doubt you can find me through just that...  

Guest: no need to e-stat R3ject. I'm sure youre "8%" body fat. we're on frysforum not pof. lol, 8%... sure

Hate all you want :)
  15.  permalink
    >Their was one guy that would litterly start crying whenever he saw a girl hug another guy associate....and he would say" Why can't I have that (a hug)?"

Dafuq? You worked with Chris-Chan?