Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2008
    I can't belive Fry's stopped printing out rebates for customers now customers are required to type in the address and print out their own rebates.  

Check this out:  

http://images.frys.com/art/rebates_pdf/samsung_52708.pdf  

What if you don't have a printer? What if you don't have a computer?Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1.  permalink
    your an idiot. saves paper. best idea ever at frys
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    and the receipt request that customers have to send to home office  

another good ideaLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
  2.  permalink
    flea:I can't belive Fry's stopped printing out rebates for customers now customers are required to type in the address and print out their own rebates.  

Check this out:  

http://images.frys.com/art/rebates_pdf/samsung_52708.pdf  

What if you don't have a printer? What if you don't have a computer?

there's public libraries that anyone can go to and print things out from. they all have computers with internet access and a printer.  

what happens is that more are the customers who forget or don't care to send their rebate forms in than the ones that do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    The rebates just get people in on a good deal. Many don't follow up on it. Probably why they don't print them out anymore. Plus it saves the environment. All retailers are doing this online rebate thing now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Rebates are a scam to get people to buy shit. Follow this thread: This is a real shame! I told you Fry's own REBATE is a SCAM!i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008
    whenver frys try to do something good,it get messed up. now all customer are coming with the complaint that they cant print rebate form and always error is coming. god bless frys wat can i say!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    http://image.ak.outpost.com/art/rebates_pdf/5359518_0526.pdf  

I am trying to print out my Nero rebate cause I got it free after rebate and its not working I think the rebate site is down. This really sucks. This is why paper rebates are better.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    There is no guarantee that the LINKS on the rebate receipt even work.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008 edited
    wow I just found the rebate on another rebate page using the url from the samsung printer on this topic :  

Notice this is not the same address that it says on my Rebate Reciept nice way to confuse people so they don't send the rebate  

http://images.frys.com/art/rebates_pdf/5359518_0526.pdfaka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008 edited
    that one akami server image.ak.outpost.com thing doesnt work anymore.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I believe the statistics are somewhere around 30% only ever send in the mail in rebate (On time), which is why it is so profitable. I am definitely one of the 30%.Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    i get mine every timei love it when they call me big papa
  4.  permalink
    I hated getting rebates for people anyway. Saves me time and I now can cherrypick more.
  5.  permalink
    I went into Fry's with a friend the other day and noticed this and it didn't bother me. It was quite a waste of time, paper, and money for Fry's to print out all those paper forms considering that a lot of the forms just went in the trash when they expired.  

My only concern is that somebody might lose that receipt that has the URL on it. I hope that they have a system in place to deal with that otherwise some people are going to get really mad when they can't get the rebate. Either that or the server that has the form will be down and the person who waits till the last minute will miss the rebate.  

If you exclude those situations I think the new system is better. I liked not having to wait for some lowly paid cashier get my rebate form so that I can leave Fry's and print the form on my own time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorC4
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008
    What a bright idea!!!  
    No more rebate forms=No More waste of time,paper=No more bitching customers complaining about they didn't get the right forms.
    •  
      CommentAuthormissycj
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    I think that the new rebate system is way better. It cuts time off of customer relations so they can actually get some kinda work done...especially since Fry's has in store pick up now...the website works most of the time...and it saves Fry's from being responsible for people who lose their rebate. GO CHECK THE WEBSITE STUPID CUSTOMER!!! Didn't BBY or Circuit get rid of their rebates a looooong time ago? Fry's is the only place I know of that was still handing out rebates...if you exclude the ones that are on the software boxes automatically.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2008
    It even more of a scam now that you have to actually print out the rebates. Why not create a unified rebate system where they give you a generic rebate card which to mail to some third party rebate processing center and they mail you the check.
  6.  permalink
    cause if they made it that easy then people would actually get there money back from rebates.  
    most people are to lazy to send them out or are to stupid to read the part that says directionsi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorC4
    what if fry's card holders as a reward get instant rebates into a Frys Gift Card  
    :face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    C4:what if fry's card holders as a reward get instant rebates into a Frys Gift Card  
    :face-angel:

biggysmalls:cause if they made it that easy then people would actually get there money back from rebates.  
    most people are to lazy to send them out or are to stupid to read the part that says directions
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    The rebate business must be the way to go. I wonder what the percentage of rebates that go though. It's probably as good as the Gift card business.
  7.  permalink
    It would be fine if the links printed on the recipt worked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    rebates stealing money legally.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    "I will promise to give you a discount (in the mail) if you buy the product now"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    [...___,,.'...,...___....._..,,,''...,,....,,,.'...__]----- terms and conditions apply see back for instruction may change without notice at any time doesnt .........  

you forgot that ^^^^^^ the small printLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  8.  permalink
    I bought a printer and laptop from frys electronics and can't find the right page on my computer to get the rebate form
    •  
      CommentAuthorWB CAREY
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    It would help a lot if the posters on this forum would check their grammer before sending their post. It seems to me that a lot of people post to forums because they don't have anything better to do or just want to show off their unique signiture.  

I bought some computer memory that came with a $25 rebate. After typing in the loong URL two or three times it doesn't work. There is no technical reason that a URL has to be this complicated. So I must agree with you posters that the rebate system is just a way to make the company more money by, (1), making it so complicated that people might give up, or (2) forcing so many hoops to jump through that people find it isn't worth it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Fry's should host their own tinyurl service if they don't want to provide the rebates at the register.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    "It would help a lot if the posters on this forum would check their grammer before sending their post. It seems to me that a lot of people post to forums because they don't have anything better to do or just want to show off their unique signiture."  

AHAHAHA I'm sorry this is HILARIOUS.Superhero!
  9.  permalink
    Um... it's grammar. Not grammer. Heh.  

I typically would just go to frys.com. Find the item on there and just click the rebate link. Usually a lot faster.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    And signature is spelled... signature.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2009 edited
    This is a joke right?  

loong is spelled long
  10.  permalink
    these rebate codes are bogus, all attempts, coming back with no results
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2009
    If this person can't spell grammar, I highly distrust them entering a long, long rebate code.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthormmickey
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009
    I have never tried to use a rebate but it seems to be a fact of life so I guess I decided to give it a try? I:face-sad:  

just got online and typed in adress (pain in the a..) 4 times...dead link!!!  

I'm thru with rebates and frys forever!
  11.  permalink
    Fry's is a store run by idiots ! The other day their service desk supervisor try to convince me that because the power supply on my laptop went bad they gonna have to check the whole system and I need to check my laptop in. They don't know how long is going to take to do that ! F...ing moron ! I'm not buying anything from this store any more more or less something with warranty !
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    Guest: Fry's is a store run by idiots ! The other day their service desk supervisor try to convince me that because the power supply on my laptop went bad they gonna have to check the whole system and I need to check my laptop in. They don't know how long is going to take to do that ! F...ing moron ! I'm not buying anything from this store any more more or less something with warranty !

Did you really expect them to just take your word and replace your power supply on the spot without doing a diagnostic? How do you know something else isn't wrong? Better yet, how do they know something else isn't wrong?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    "Fry's is a store run by idiots ! "  
    Pot calling the kettle black.Superhero!
  12.  permalink
    was in GA from NY. went to frys to buy norton 360 v3. got receipt with web site to print out rebate forms. web site is discontinued. what do i do now. back in NY, think i'm out of the $50. rebate. nice going frys
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    Mistake #1: You bought Norton  
    Mistake #2: You bought it from Fry's  
    Reality Check: You're screwed
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Obiwan speaks great wisdom.Superhero!
  13.  permalink
    Guest: was in GA from NY. went to frys to buy norton 360 v3. got receipt with web site to print out rebate forms. web site is discontinued. what do i do now. back in NY, think i'm out of the $50. rebate. nice going frys

Should have gone with bitdefender. Just try going to frys.com and typing in the plu #. If that doesn't work than your just screwed. I work at frys and will never buy anything with a rebate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    People that use Norton:  
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I really hate it when they plaster "fail" on the picture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009 edited
    Sasquatch: I really hate it when they plaster "fail" on the picture.

Fail Picture Fail Plaster Fail
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    sass I will now introduce you to .......... EPIC FAIL dun dun dun. more fail pictures but now with epic too.

epic-fail.jpg
    Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....