Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2008
    It's none of their buisness and I told them when they were using their scare tactics and interogations.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
  1.  permalink
    As long as the members here do not post any illegal material, there is nothing Fry's can do against this site or it's members. Do not be scared by management. We will do everything we can to protect your identities. You have to do your part too though and make sure you don't give up any helpful hints or clues. If management suspects you are a member of this site, simply deny it. Fry's can fire you for any reason whatsoever, so make sure they do not suspect you.Regular Member
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2008
    "Fry's can fire you for any reason whatsoever, so make sure they do not suspect you."

Too true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrys_slave
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2008
    Sean Archer tells supervisors and managers not to have lunch and hang out with non supervisors and managers.
  2.  permalink
    admin:It's none of their buisness and I told them when they were using their scare tactics and interogations.

I think it was more than just gossip. It was certain things said about certain people.
  3.  permalink
    Its pretty pathetic that Frys employees are getting fired just because they are suspected of being members here.

Their interrogating people based off rumors.

Its called a witch hunt folks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008
    "Very small rocks?"
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    Unless Fry's can provide any evidence not just rumors and he said she said gossip they are not right.  
    Your innocent untill PROVEN guilty. This requires actual proof.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Also, pretty sure gossip doesn't justify termination.
  4.  permalink
    admin:Unless Fry's can provide any evidence not just rumors and he said she said gossip they are not right.  
    Your innocent untill PROVEN guilty. This requires actual proof.

Then you got fired because of Flea. If your not Flea than you should be mad as hell and find out who the bugger is. Maybe turn his ass in and get some of your dignity back.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    I don't keep a ip logs there is no way to find out who anyone is sorry. Even if I could I wouldnt' tell anyone because its all about privacy. I told Sean if he wants hes going to have to fire me because I ain't saying anything about anyone or their identity or anything about the site. And he fired me, he accomplished nothing I did not give in to their bullshit.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Hell yeah stand stand up for privacy! The government is bad enough, we citizens need to keep eachother's backs.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohnW
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008 edited
    admin: And he fired me, he accomplished nothing I did not give in to their bullshit.

Actually, you did.  

If you removed posts, you gave in. You say you didn't, but how come they were removed? Were you pressured by them to remove them or was it your conscience telling you to remove them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Some of them were technically illegal, my friend. Posting pics of people without their permission is illegal if they ask you to remove it. You also endanger people by posting names and pictures and profiles on the Www.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohnW
    Posting a picture of someone that was retrieved from a public website that the owner of the picture posted themselves is not against any law that I know of.  

I can post pictures of someone on the Internet all I want. If they want to attempt to take me to court and have 12 of my peers convict me of "reposting an image that the owner originally posted," then I will accept that challenge all day long.  

But, whatever. Don't let them force you to do something you don't want to do.  

Granted, naming names of the LP team wasn't the best thing to do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    JohnW:Posting a picture of someone that was retrieved from a public website that the owner of the picture posted themselves is not against any law that I know of.  

I can post pictures of someone on the Internet all I want. If they want to attempt to take me to court and have 12 of my peers convict me of "reposting an image that the owner originally posted," then I will accept that challenge all day long.  

Even worse if you post a picture on a public site- You have no copyright to it and it's illegal to repost without the owner of the picture's permission. Just because I model does not mean anyone can use my photos without mine and the photographers explicit permission, regardless of how public they are. Even when a friend took the picture, they own the copyright. And you do if you are the subject if you did not sign a contract with the photographer.  

Anyways.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohnW
    I can draw a mustache on it and call it "fair use".  

What now?
  5.  permalink
    AyaHu:
    JohnW:Posting a picture of someone that was retrieved from a public website that the owner of the picture posted themselves is not against any law that I know of.  

Even worse if you post a picture on a public site- You have no copyright to it and it's illegal to repost without the owner of the picture's permission. Just because I model does not mean anyone can use my photos without mine and the photographers explicit permission, regardless of how public they are. Even when a friend took the picture, they own the copyright. And you do if you are the subject if you did not sign a contract with the photographer.  

Anyways.
    Her response is 100% correct.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    Although AyaHu is correct, the photographer is the copyright owner, there is one very important thing people fail to realize. I spoke with the US Copyright Office a few years ago and they told me (not an exact quote, but I'll try) "a copyright is a promise to sue if your content is copied or used illegally".

So AyaHu, I could take your photos and post them all on a forum and unless you have a lawyer sitting there, there is nothing you can do legally. You may be able to convince the admin/webmaster of the site to remove the photos, but that's it. I believe the same goes for a trademark, but I'm not 100% certain. I believe a trademark allows you to use the ® symbol and means "I will sue you if you use my logo without permission".

I wouldn't do that because I have no reason to, but its just an example. :)

As for fair use.. well.. I'm looking in to that right now. Stupid legal terminology.Regular Member
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Well, I myself 'have a lawyer', and I would use one if someone used my photos in promotional material, but I find it flattering when people use them in personal use or repost them other places. If I didnt I indeed would sue the crap out of them. And probably the photographer would, too.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJohnW
    This is all you really need to read before you phone up your lawyer.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Since most of mine are for promotional use most of the time, this would not apply. You can cite and you can still be asked to take the photo down.Superhero!
  6.  permalink
    Wow, someone sounds alittle full of themselves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    JohnW:I can draw a mustache on it and call it "fair use".  

What now?

Supah hot.
  7.  permalink
    Awww the fur ball touches himself at night to this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    AyaHu and Sasquatch were.. uhh.. well the summary of the story is she now has Sasquatches "private" hair on her face.Regular Member
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    It didn't turn out to well. I had to trace/scale the mustache from a google search and the rotation really screwed things up.  

Personally, I prefer AyaHu without the 'stache.  

•  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    CrazyFox213:Awww the fur ball touches himself at night to this.

Nothing turns me on more than mustaches drawn on with Microsoft Paint.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I think I woke my twin up by giggling so loudly. Heh heh heh.Superhero!
  8.  permalink
    "Churches!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorkelly
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008
    Who cares what anyone does outside work? i don't.