Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008 edited
    When I was terminated and got my last paycheck Fry's didn't pay me my vacation, holiday, and personal days on my last pay check. This is illegal according to the CA Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.  

The state even has answer in their FAQs on this topic:  

"Q. What happens to my earned and accrued but unused vacation if I am discharged or quit my job?  

A. Under California law, unless otherwise stipulated by a collective bargaining agreement, whenever the employment relationship ends, for any reason whatsoever, and the employee has not used all of his or her earned and accrued vacation, the employer must pay the employee at his or her final rate of pay for all of his or her earned and accrued and unused vacation days. Labor Code Section 227.3. Because paid vacation benefits are considered wages, such pay must be included in the employee's final paycheck."  

Source: CA Division of Labor Standards Enforcement  

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_vacation.htmContact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    I recieved a check for $35.72, but was never paid for 32 hours of Holiday/16 hours of Personal Pay
    Didn't get my vacation on last check?
    Personal and Paid Holiday policy
    Vacation pay and quitting?
    Fry's lost my paycheck
  2.  permalink
    When I quit my last paycheck didn't contain mine either. I don't recall how much I had, but I believe it was 2 paid days off. It's whatever you get after 1 year. Keep in mind I didn't use any of it.Regular Member
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2008
    Submit a wage claims form and get your money!http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageCLaim.htm

And claim unemployment! Milk them for all they're worth!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    I was going to get unemployment, but it's far too much work. Their application process is bullshit and having to apply for 2 jobs per week is ridiculous. I tried to tell them I'm not seeking employment since I'm starting college, but apparently that wasn't good enough for them. I don't need the money, so I said fuck it. Plus I'm earning money by going to college.Regular Member
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Gamefreak88:I was going to get unemployment, but it's far too much work. Their application process is bullshit and having to apply for 2 jobs per week is ridiculous. I tried to tell them I'm not seeking employment since I'm starting college, but apparently that wasn't good enough for them. I don't need the money, so I said fuck it. Plus I'm earning money by going to college.

Applying for two jobs is easy! You could always fib a little so you dont look like a good candidate.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    There is something about me that can't purposely fail an interview. I have never failed an interview for a job and I'd like to keep it that way. I can't walk in and talk to a manager seeking employment knowing that I don't want it and need them to deny me. Plus I don't care to send my personal information around the entire nation to a dozen or so companies.Regular Member
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I feel that way too, but then again, you could pleasantly decline the job.Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    Call me lazy, but I don't care to fill out all those applications. Online or not, they take forever. And then all these companies have your info. I could have taken in over $5k, but its just not worth it to me. Call me crazy, or call me financially stable. Either one works. :)Regular Member
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Send me some of your dough, I'm in the middle of buying a house it is really sapping the crap outta my savings.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    What services can you offer to compensate?

*Strictly joking.. I don't need your Sasquatch husband to come after me*Regular Member
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I do Graphic Design for a living (cant you tell how busy I am at work right now)Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    Poor Ayahu. She didn't understand or didn't acknowledge the inappropriate innuendo placed in front of her. :face-sad:Regular Member
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I ignored it like good e-married women should. :face-angel:Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Lol, you guys are hilarious.
  4.  permalink
    she is so faithful.  
    sas sharing is caringi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Talk to a layweri am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Or file a wage claim form....Superhero!
  5.  permalink
    Can you file a wage claim form if you quit? I thought I read somewhere that by quitting you agree to give up any vacation/holiday pay.Regular Member
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I don't know Cali law, here we don't get any vacation pay at all quit or fired. You can attempt a wage claim for it, but it's disputable. Mainly wage claims are for when a bunch of racist persians try and hold your final check for having lost your passcard to the door. Bastards.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008 edited
    I got a vacation check in the mail yesterday June 23 but I still haven't gotten paid on my holiday or personal days. I think they are just playing lil games with me.They better pay me.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008
    admin:I got a vacation check in the mail yesterday June 23 but I still haven't gotten paid on my holiday or personal days. I think they are just playing lil games with me.They better pay me.

File that wage claims!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthormissycj
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008
    You won't be paid your personal/holiday pay. You will only be paid the vacation that you just received. They are not required to pay your holiday/personal time because it is a benefit...the vacation time is accrued time off and therefore it is paid.
  6.  permalink
    this is truei love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    It's not much anyway.
  7.  permalink
    2 days personal 2 days holidayi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    The more years you work there the more paid volidays you get. I think you get like 12 paid holidays?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Thats a pretty good paid holiday schedule.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbiggysmalls
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008 edited
    every year the amount increasesi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008 edited
    Let me get this straight Mr. Admin: So clearly the check you got when you came back after your 5 day was your second-to-last check. Your final paycheck came in the mail with all of your deserved compensation, just like the Q&A you cite said it should. Can you find a Q & A about that? Long live Frysforum.com! Praise alla!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  8.  permalink
    its spelled allah.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Flea, everyone knows Xenu is the one true god. He is also the final Cylon.
  9.  permalink
    Q.

My employer's vacation policy provides that if I do not use all of my annual vacation entitlement by the end of the year, that I lose the unused balance. Is this legal?

A.

No, such a provision is not legal. In California, vacation pay is another form of wages which vests as it is earned (in this context, "vests" means you are invested or endowed with rights in the wages). Accordingly, a policy that provides for the forfeiture of vacation pay that is not used by a specified date ("use it or lose it") is an illegal policy under California law and will not be recognized by the Labor Commissioner.
  10.  permalink
    Guest 36107: Fry's uses something called a Voluntary Employee Benefit Association (VEBA) trust to hold its employee vacation pay. It's their way of getting around California's Vacation = Wages laws.