Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfuck_frys
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008 edited
    - They deny ex employees Unemployment  
    - They don't pay you your vacation time, holiday hours and personal days when you quit or are fired.  
    - They fire their employees for the stuipdest things  
    - They don't pay you for 2 hours of work when you come in for Beat the Teach on Wednesdays and Fry's PC Training on Saturday  
    - They never asked anyone to join the draw system they forced it upon everyone and then they fired those who had excesive draw even though it wasn't thier choice.  
    - Audit Associates aren't allowed 10 minute breaks - This is so illegal  
    - They leave floor stacks and empty pallets out on the floor this is against CAL OSHA.  

If you would like to add other things that Fry's is violating post them to this discussion.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    DO YOU STILL THINK THERE IS MORE FRAUD AND OTHER CONSIPIRACY'S AT FRY'S ELECTRONICS
    Does Fry's Electronics hire illegal aliens?
    Fry's Electronics Class Action Lawsuit
    Fry's Electronics is part of the BBB!
    100 Reason why you should not shop at Fry's Electronics Retail Stores
  2.  permalink
    Because they are. They can do anything they want.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrys_slave
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008
    I don't know what planet your from but no one is above the U.S. Government.
  3.  permalink
    fuck the po-licei love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    frys_slave:I don't know what planet your from but no one is above the U.S. Government.

Lol, tell that to China.
  4.  permalink
    i preferre japani love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Report them... maybe no one has...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    fuck_frys:- They deny ex employees Unemployment

Maybe the ex-employees have weak cases for unemployment , therefore do not get it. If they had a case for it, they could argue with the state and receive it. But then again, I'm not an attorney and do not have a lot of knowledge on unemployment. If you do, please explain why you think it is illegal.  

- They don't pay you your vacation time, holiday hours and personal days when you quit or are fired.

I agree with this one. An employee earns it, they receive it. Fry's tries to use an argument that Federal law does not require it in which then they claim Federal law is greater than state law. If you think it is wrong then you can call them out on it.. I sure will. :)  

- They fire their employees for the stuipdest things

Perhaps they should fire you for spelling stupidest stuipest. :P But the fact is that any job can fire you for any reason they want as long as it isn't regarding sex, gender age and so forth. Though Fry's takes it to the extreme at times, but they are in their rights there.  

- They don't pay you for 2 hours of work when you come in for Beat the Teach on Wednesdays and Fry's PC Training on Saturday

That's your fault for not clocking in.. all the times I had to do that, I did and got paid. Minimum wage, but I got it.. and when was the last time we had a fry's pc?  

- They never asked anyone to join the draw system they forced it upon everyone and then they fired those who had excesive draw even though it wasn't thier choice.

You continued to work under the system, therefore you agreed to the system. You did not have to work under it.. you could have quit. There is nothing illegal in setting your pay in a draw system as long as you are paying your employees at least minimum wage.. and if you were not meeting the draw, then you are performing at a lower level than they want and they can fire you for that.  

Well then they should sue and will probably win and will get paid for all their breaks they did not take.I never worked in Audit so I would not know if they receive breaks or not.. But then again, just sitting around and talking when they are not doing anything is their break. I doubt they are constantly working all day long.  

- They leave floor stacks and empty pallets out on the floor this is against CAL OSHA.

Perhaps they should fire employees that do not remove empty pallets off the floor then. The Frys building does not automatically make empty pallets disappear.. Employees need to remove them.  

If you have a grudge against Fry's and want to talk about them.. Make sure you make valid points.. some of them I do agree with but a lot of what you said, is not really illegal. There are a lot of policies I do not agree with at Fry's but that does not necessarily mean they are illegal nor does it mean that Frys thinks its above the law.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
  5.  permalink
    Frys just does things the Walmart way and gets away with it.
  6.  permalink
    Because everyone is afraid to stand up and FIGHT!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Oh ho ho, you Americans are so lazy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    I'm still working for Fry's you didn't fire or get the wrong people Fry's Hahahah!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  7.  permalink
    flea:I'm still working for Fry's you didn't fire or get the wrong people Fry's Hahahah!

Your not the real flea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazyFox213
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008 edited
    Yeah well we dont know who you are Flea.  

Maybe you wont want to get fired if you tell us who you are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    CrazyFox213:Yeah well we dont know who you are Flea.  

Maybe you wont want to get fired if you tell us who you are.

I'm surprised you didn't figure it out already. Oh well. Flea mania!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008 edited
    Because Frys' knows that as a private company the public eye on them isn't so great like national retailers like Best Buy or Macys. If Frys were the size and public like Macys, BB, etc. this company probably would have been shut down by now due to its anti-worker practices. When I worked at Frys we had employees that were ex-Wal-Mart employees and they said that Frys is MUCH MUCH worse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008
    Lol, shut down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    meinside100:Because Frys' knows that as a private company the public eye on them isn't so great like national retailers like Best Buy or Macys. If Frys were the size and public like Macys, BB, etc. this company probably would have been shut down by now due to its anti-worker practices. When I worked at Frys we had employees that were ex-Wal-Mart employees and they said that Frys is MUCH MUCH worse.

Shut down like Walmart?  
    Have you ever worked at Macys? Or Best Buy? I have worked at Dilliards, believe me that shit aint pretty either. Retail just SUCKS. Thats all.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthormissycj
    fuck_frys:- They deny ex employees Unemployment  

They are not required to pay you for holiday/personal time - only vaca. ANd you get that in a separate check mailed to your house within 30 days of your final date.  

That's your bad - you shoulda clocked in. Handbook says you can not work while off the clock...or maybe you should have turned in a retro.  

Everyone is allowed 10 minute breaks - but really - have you watched the audit associates? Do you REALLY think that they need an official 10 minute break?  

That's not Fry's as a company - that's stupid associates who don't know how to do their job!
  8.  permalink
    i work at frys right now. its freakin bullshit. the store managers think theyre all that n chew u out for the smallest shit. and when its their fault they dont wanna admit it cuz they think theyre better than u. the commission structure sucks ass. its all about cameras. they make hella good money. and computers too. the draw system sucks ass. but then again theres a point to it. i like the possibility of making more money but the monster attach n psc is sooo annoying. n the freakin frys card too.
  9.  permalink
    Be a Man. Use your hand.
  10.  permalink
    m_tux is probably a manager at frys not wanting the information to get out

commision percentages have dropped by more than half.

i went to work for this company recently and regretted every moment of it
    , trust me when i say this , the only way to stay above the draw system is to sell the 3 year coverage, and the fries card.
    everything else pays little or nothing except maybe the monster cables .

if you go into draw and dont make the minimum , they will not pay you overtime, and claim its because your below it although this is ilegal in the state of washington for the first 30 days of employment. not sure about the other states.

Managers will whisper , strategies to keeping a job there , all of which require working off the clock. (which is illegal)

If a manager gives you this strategy , if you ever report it they will deny you ever talked to them.

My reccomendation , Working at macdonalds is a step up compared to working at frys.

hell , go work for safeway thats even a more enjoyable expirence.
Add your comments