Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008 edited
    Seriously at that store whites make up about 30% of the store's employee population yet get the fewest promotions. In the latest round of promotions only 1 white, out of 15 promoted, was listed on the list next to the time machine. Hell, you got whites in that store that have business degrees and yet minority employees (some still in college and some never been) get promoted to management levels....WTF? Some of them are always late, just hanging around, talking all the time and at that time you see many whites that are dirty and sweeting from the hard work and nothing comes from it. Seriously, I'm thinking about taping some of this on my camera and posting on Youtube and letting public opinion do its thing. Many white employees are starting to realize it of the ones that I knew (and still hang out and talk) while working at the Duluth store. What corporate America doesn't realize is that most whites are not blinded by "white guilt" and observing in the shadows when being discriminated against and.......planning their moment of retribution.
  1.  permalink
    wow a white person saying he is being discriminated against. if it was the other way around im sure you wouldnt have said anything.  
    maybe all the white people in your store dont have what it takes to be in management.  
    seems like you think being white is the first criteria,  
    and by the way a degree doesnt mean anything in retaili love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008
    Dude, this is retail. Sounds like they're doing white people a favor.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    biggysmalls:wow a white person saying he is being discriminated against. if it was the other way around im sure you wouldnt have said anything.  
    maybe all the white people in your store dont have what it takes to be in management.  
    and by the way a degree doesnt mean anything in retail

What does field of work have to do with anything? DISCRIMINATION IS DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    biggysmalls:wow a white person saying he is being discriminated against. if it was the other way around im sure you wouldnt have said anything.  
    and by the way a degree doesnt mean anything in retail

Thats bullshit, I've been discriminated against, and I'm blonde hair blue eyes blah blah. Because I worked for a persian owned and run company. It happens, but I have never heard of it on such a large scale in a public business like Fry's.  

Who is this store discriminating FOR? Who are they hiring, supposedly, over whiteys? Perhaps that could help shed some light on the situation...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    Sasquatch:Dude, this is retail. Sounds like they're doing white people a favor.

DISCRIMINATION IS DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!! The field of work has nothing to do with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpixiegrl
    umm do you really think a degree actually means something if you can't preform your job. Maybe the people in your store actually want to work and enjoy their job. therefore actually get promoted from their own actions
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    pixiegirl:umm do you really think a degree actually means something if you can't preform your job. Maybe the people in your store actually want to work and enjoy their job. therefore actually get promoted from their own actions

Are you a girl? Really?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpixiegrl
    :face-monkey:Yeah i'm a girl
  2.  permalink
    i wanna see a pic for proff
    pixiegirl::face-monkey:Yeah i'm a girl
    i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    biggysmalls:i wanna see a pic for proff
    pixiegirl::face-monkey:Yeah i'm a girl

Seconded. Pics or it didn't happen.Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    the vote has been cast.  
    we demand picsi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorpixiegrl
    :face-angel:UMM damn you got me i am so a 500lb nasty ass man.... damn you all
  4.  permalink
    pixiegirl::face-angel:UMM damn you got me i am so a 500lb nasty ass man.... damn you all

I think most of you suffer from ADD....you guys can't hold ANY discussion of this forum for more than ten posts before all going to left-field with your comments.
  5.  permalink
    Oh look, It's the good ole redneck from Georgia complaining about racism. I guess them colored folk shouldn't have jobs. Maybe we should bring back lynching too. Stop complaining. BTW. How's the janitor job coming along?
  6.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker:Oh look, It's the good ole redneck from Georgia complaining about racism. I guess them colored folk shouldn't have jobs. Maybe we should bring back lynching too. Stop complaining. BTW. How's the janitor job coming along?

What is wrong with equal opportunity for all? I guess in your world whites are OK to discriminate against.
  7.  permalink
    I am White. Whites are now the minority so you gotta fight to move up in the worl place. dont expect to have everything handed to you because you are white.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Racism is racism. White, black, blue, green.Superhero!
  8.  permalink
    AyaHu:Racism is racism. White, black, blue, green.

Thank you, Aya. :face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    SDCherryPicker:I am White. Whites are now the minority so you gotta fight to move up in the worl place. dont expect to have everything handed to you because you are white.

Oh please, you go to places like the mid-western US and ask people what is Hispanic and you will get blank faces everywhere. Hispanics/Latinos are concentrated in A FEW regions of the US.....West coast, Southeastern, Northeastern and lower mid-West (mostly Texas). BTW the last census (2006)....74% of Americans called themselves "white"!! So where is this new minority called white people?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008
    In Texas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch:In Texas.

More like Idaho. Texas has a lot of border crossers.  
    If you think YOU'RE a minority, just look at Sass... I don't even know that there are any other sasquatches out there.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008 edited
    AyaHu:  
    More like Idaho. Texas has a lot of border crossers.  

Exactly, we're a minority here.  

AyaHu:  
    If you think YOU'RE a minority, just look at Sass... I don't even know that there are any other sasquatches out there.

The abominable snowman is pretty cool to hang out with, though.
  9.  permalink
    meinside100:
    SDCherryPicker:I am White. Whites are now the minority so you gotta fight to move up in the worl place. dont expect to have everything handed to you because you are white.

Oh please, you go to places like the mid-western US and ask people what is Hispanic and you will get blank faces everywhere. Hispanics/Latinos are concentrated in A FEW regions of the US.....West coast, Southeastern, Northeastern and lower mid-West (mostly Texas). BTW the last census (2006)....74% of Americans called themselves "white"!! So where is this new minority called white people?

I think your confusing discrimination with Job Competition. But what your failing to realize is that these "Colored" people are better than you. Retail is everyone trying to make the extra buck. Get over yourself. Stop being such a racist prick and open your eyes.
    •  
      CommentAuthormissycj
    meinside100:Seriously at that store whites make up about 30% of the store's employee population yet get the fewest promotions. In the latest round of promotions only 1 white, out of 15 promoted, was listed on the list next to the time machine. Hell, you got whites in that store that have business degrees and yet minority employees (some still in college and some never been) get promoted to management levels....WTF? Some of them are always late, just hanging around, talking all the time and at that time you see many whites that are dirty and sweeting from the hard work and nothing comes from it. Seriously, I'm thinking about taping some of this on my camera and posting on Youtube and letting public opinion do its thing. Many white employees are starting to realize it of the ones that I knew (and still hang out and talk) while working at the Duluth store. What corporate America doesn't realize is that most whites are not blinded by "white guilt" and observing in the shadows when being discriminated against and.......planning their moment of retribution.

I thought I read that you worked in store 32? How are you so sure what all is going on in a store that is not your own? Also...maybe those were the only people that were eligible for a promotion at that time.....
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008 edited
    missycj:
    meinside100:Seriously at that store whites make up about 30% of the store's employee population yet get the fewest promotions. In the latest round of promotions only 1 white, out of 15 promoted, was listed on the list next to the time machine. Hell, you got whites in that store that have business degrees and yet minority employees (some still in college and some never been) get promoted to management levels....WTF? Some of them are always late, just hanging around, talking all the time and at that time you see many whites that are dirty and sweeting from the hard work and nothing comes from it. Seriously, I'm thinking about taping some of this on my camera and posting on Youtube and letting public opinion do its thing. Many white employees are starting to realize it of the ones that I knew (and still hang out and talk) while working at the Duluth store. What corporate America doesn't realize is that most whites are not blinded by "white guilt" and observing in the shadows when being discriminated against and.......planning their moment of retribution.

I thought I read that you worked in store 32? How are you so sure what all is going on in a store that is not your own? Also...maybe those were the only people that were eligible for a promotion at that time.....

I shop there and I hang out with about 7 people there on a casual basis. Plus the promotion list is next to the time machine which is like 2 ft. away from the ad posting on the wall for customers. I got the job in Alpharetta because I was friends with people there (Duluth) prior to applying, but Duluth at the time wasn't hiring for the position I wanted so off to Alpharetta I went.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    You had to be friends with someone to get a job at Fry's?Superhero!
  10.  permalink
    AyaHu:You had to be friends with someone to get a job at Fry's?

No, I was looking for a job and they told me they were hiring.....what is wrong with that? Aya, don't tell me that in your entire life no one you know on a personal basis has never given you a heads up on whos hiring?
    •  
      CommentAuthormissycj
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    I shop there and I hang out with about 7 people there on a casual basis. Plus the promotion list is next to the time machine which is like 2 ft. away from the ad posting on the wall for customers. I got the job in Alpharetta because I was friends with people there (Duluth) prior to applying, but Duluth at the time wasn't hiring for the position I wanted so off to Alpharetta I went.  

So, one time you saw a list with a lot of NON white people getting promoted...yeah that's definitely discrimination....or it could just be hapenstance??
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch

You pretty much do. They get hundreds of apps a week, and they kinda just pick em randomly. Knowing someone on the inside goes a long way.
  11.  permalink
    There are some really dumb people that work at frys. Just think of the people they reject!!!! I think the ratio of hiring was like 1 outta every 10 they hire. Those 9 must be god awful stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    meinside100:

No, I was looking for a job and they told me they were hiring.....what is wrong with that? Aya, don't tell me that in your entire life no one you know on a personal basis has never given you a heads up on whos hiring?

Actually no, I only have one friend, and she still works at Starbucks.  

Sasquatch:

You pretty much do. They get hundreds of apps a week, and they kinda just pick em randomly. Knowing someone on the inside goes a long way.

This makes a bit of sense.Superhero!
  12.  permalink
    if it was a minority complaining about there being to many white people being promoted all the white people would just laugh.
    but since its a white person saying it i bet itll be all over the newsi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    in case you didnt know gnome=greg

greg=moderator

this post = will be deleted...over and over again, by greg.

(greg this is a bot btw if you haven't realized it yet...checks every 10 seconds to see if this post is here.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorprpmami
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    yo, fa real, shut the fuck up...damn, and white people still make up to 70% of the whole damn populaiton...i work at 38...who the fuck cares? frys sux either way, whether theres more whites than minorities or the other way around....
  13.  permalink
    prpmami: yo, fa real, shut the fuck up...damn, and white people still make up to 70% of the whole damn populaiton...i work at 38...who the fuck cares? frys sux either way, whether theres more whites than minorities or the other way around....

Frys sucks because Shawn and John are...narcissistic , selfish pricks.
  14.  permalink
    meinside100:
    prpmami: yo, fa real, shut the fuck up...damn, and white people still make up to 70% of the whole damn populaiton...i work at 38...who the fuck cares? frys sux either way, whether theres more whites than minorities or the other way around....

Frys sucks because Shawn and John are...narcissistic , selfish pricks.

Eh, Shawn and John both are actually pretty cool. I chat with em sometimes, and poke fun at them and with them.  

SDCherryPicker: Oh look, It's the good ole redneck from Georgia complaining about racism. I guess them colored folk shouldn't have jobs. Maybe we should bring back lynching too. Stop complaining. BTW. How's the janitor job coming along?

Rednecks? Dude man. If you ever come by Alpharetta or Duluth, heck in the Metro-Atlanta area, it is such a melting pot. To find anyone redneck, you have to go about 75 miles away from Downtown Atlanta, and even then, it is gonna be tough. I rarely even hear a Southern Accent and I was born and raised in Georgia. I mean yeah, we will say ya'll and ain't, but that is really all there is. It is a VERY rare thing to find people born and raised in Georgia nowadays. Lots of people moving in.  

Now with the subject, the whole discrimination thing is way off. The only reason why you will see less Caucasians promoted at Store 38 is only because there is like ... 8 or 9 in the whole store. The entire area itself is pretty much Korean, Indian, Jamaican, and Hispanic, or at the very least, moving that way.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009 edited
  15.  permalink
    Anthony is pretty cool. The only DM I ever bumped heads with was Gino, but that was a long time ago. And even then, that was rare.Why is there an S in Lisp?
  16.  permalink
    Wow. I didn't know their was racism in georgia. I thought everyone got along. I
  17.  permalink
    I sense sarcasm. :pWhy is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    dude im adhd have a better job than you and can carry on a conversation for quite a few more posts than you had posted about and Im about as white as an Italian computer geek can be (talk about pasty white) .......... hey ayahu your blond haired blue eyed you want to put on the jack boots and red armbands and go goosestepping around the Georgia store? maybe gas some of the jews and all the mormons that work their?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....