Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2008 edited
    Seriously, can you get anymore tacky than brown, grey and off-white in all your stores!!! Doesn't Frys execs know that warm colors like blue, yellow, red,etc actually increase sales because they calm people's minds? Business Psych 101...I see many of these execs didn't take this class in college...if they went at all, which with Frys corporate culture being anti-education, it wouldn't surprise me. Putting people with just a HS education in charge of 1-3 million per week in revenue stores would make most CEOs of publicy traded companies not sleep well at night.
  1.  permalink
    Most of the newer stores use the "plain" theme"  

Not depressing:  
    " >http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1059/801672808_cb4f87741d.jpg?v=0]http://www.frysblackfriday.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008
    meinside100:Seriously, can you get anymore tacky than brown, grey and off-white in all your stores!!! Doesn't Frys execs know that warm colors like blue, yellow, red,etc actually increase sales because they calm people's minds? Business Psych 101...I see many of these execs didn't take this class in college...if they went at all, which with Frys corporate culture being anti-education, it wouldn't surprise me.

Tell that to the corporate beast that is Wal-mart.  

•  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    You're an idiot, anyone with common sense and experience in retail can manage a retail store. It's mostly paperwork. The rest is done at corporate.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008 edited
    AyaHu:You're an idiot, anyone with common sense and experience in retail can manage a retail store. It's mostly paperwork. The rest is done at corporate.

Says who? You think the average person on the street knows what gross profits are, comp. (of any kind), lead product, profit loss product, ETC ETC ETC. Why no just hire someone who knows what this stuff is from the start and not waste resources on training!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    meinside100:
    AyaHu:You're an idiot, anyone with common sense and experience in retail can manage a retail store. It's mostly paperwork. The rest is done at corporate.

Says who? You think the average person on the street knows what gross profits are, comp. (of any kind), lead product, profit loss product, ETC ETC ETC. Why no just hire someone who knows what this stuff is from the start and not waste resources on training!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!

Yes. I do think anyone on the street can be taught to manage a retail store/chain etc. You haven't had enough work in the real world to find out yet.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I dunno. There's some pretty retarded people out there. Don't forget all those crazy hobos.  

HUNGRY HUNGRY HOBOS!
  2.  permalink
    how do you know the guy with the degree isnt some retard who was good with books but sucks with people. you have to be able to make money to work in retail especially if your checks are based of commission.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    in case you didnt know gnome=greg

greg=moderator

this post = will be deleted...over and over again, by greg.

(greg this is a bot btw if you haven't realized it yet...checks every 10 seconds to see if this post is here.)