Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Let 'er rip!
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    I'm a Manager Ask me anything!
    Ask me anything! 17 year ex manager in Texas Market
    I'm a former Manager ask me anything an I will answer
    Ask me anything you want about the Loss Prevention Department.
    Ask me anything you want about the Service Department
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008
    What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008 edited
    greenscreen:Let 'er rip!

Why does Fry's compensate Managers and Sups so much and everyone else in non-management positions gets like maybe 8-10 an hr if their lucky when they (non-man.) do most of the work? Seriously, at store 32 and 38 most people who are sups and DMs are their because they LOVE to bend over to the SM and ASM (litterly)!!!!!!!!! I know a guy in software (I believe that is his dept.) , 38, that is absolutely brilliant in the world of business and even investments (can't get a "real" job due to the tight labor market/ although he told me he makes money on the side using his education) and I talk to him when I shop there......he w/o a doubt has the most self-respect I have ever seen in a human to the point of it being constructive arrogance. Despite that he is probably 10x smarter than the majority of the people in the store yet he will probably never advance because of his inability to "bend over" :face-smile:. He probably is just a victim of reverse discrimination. Who wants to hire an outspoken, afraid of no one white boy like this fine, young man? Me if I ran a business!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    Sasquatch:What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African swallow or European swallow?I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Cheetah!Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    meinside100:
    greenscreen:Let 'er rip!

Why does Fry's compensate Managers and Sups so much and everyone else in non-management positions gets like maybe 8-10 an hr if their lucky when they (non-man.) do most of the work? Seriously, at store 32 and 38 most people who are sups and DMs are their because they LOVE to bend over to the SM and ASM (litterly)!!!!!!!!! I know a guy in software (I believe that is his dept.) , 38, that is absolutely brilliant in the world of business and even investments (can't get a "real" job due to the tight labor market/ although he told me he makes money on the side using his education) and I talk to him when I shop there......he w/o a doubt has the most self-respect I have ever seen in a human to the point of it being constructive arrogance. Despite that he is probably 10x smarter than the majority of the people in the store yet he will probably never advance because of his inability to "bend over" :face-smile:. He probably is just a victim of reverse discrimination. Who wants to hire an outspoken, afraid of no one white boy like this fine, young man? Me if I ran a business!!!!!!!

Well, your friend sound pretty smart for not taking the job then.  

The ones who get promoted are the ones who can hit the certain goals set by the store managers and home office. If you can hit your sales numbers, your Fry's card numbers, your PSC attach rate, then yeah of course they will promote you. They will promote people who can grow the company, and who can follow whatever direction that the higher ups believe we need to be going in.  

If I'm promoting someone, I'm going to promote someone who shows up on time, does his job, and doesn't complain about it. Someone I can give a task to and not have to babysit to make sure they do. You'll see the vast majority of employees at Fry's cannot pass these 2 basic requirements. It's damn hard to find a good associate who you don't need to babysit all the time. They don't "bend-over", but they don't bitch if I need to ask them to stay late to do some go-backs. It needs to be done, so just do it,  

When I worked in sales we used to go home on closing shifts at 2am. This gave Fry's the rep of either being the place to make bank, or the place that runs their employees ragged. Neither is good for business, that's why we want our employees working normal work shifts, not running massive OT.  

You'll also see that most of the "top guns" make much more than the DMs do. We don't get paid as much as you think we do.
  4.  permalink
    i belive you when you say some of the employees make more then the dms do. some of the sups make more then the dms do.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorzemaj
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008
    i bought an item 3 days ago for 29.99 and i was wondering if i can return it without a receipt because it wasn't compatible with my mp3 player...any luck?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Did you pay with a credit/debit card?  
    If yes, then yes you can return the item(s) as long it's not broken (as in you didn't smash the thing or anything similar), and if you have the packaging.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I like how this "manager" stuck around for all of fifteen minutes then bailed.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorzemaj
    i paid with cash....dammit does anyone wanna buy an adapter for the 30gig creative zen vision m mp3 player.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2008 edited
    If you paid with cash, it's still technically traceable, just harder.  
    Do you still have the package with our PLU (SKU) on it, or did you buy any other stuff that you bought on the same invoice number and might have the PLU on it?  
    Also, know the exact day you bought it?  

All in all, if we (Fry's Returns) know the store's PLU of the item, we can at least give you Nonrefundable Store Credit for the lowest price within 90days.  
    Hope this is somewhat helpful.I shit trains, Now what?
  5.  permalink
    AyaHu:I like how this "manager" stuck around for all of fifteen minutes then bailed.

I like how this "thread" was dead for 2 weeks before another question was posted.
  6.  permalink
    zemaj:i bought an item 3 days ago for 29.99 and i was wondering if i can return it without a receipt because it wasn't compatible with my mp3 player...any luck?

Depends on the manager and the item's condition really.  

If it's a item we currently stock and it's in a complete, resellable condition I'd probably take it back to for store credit.  

If you're missing the package, it's an item we no longer carry, or you're just being a dick (the phrase "I'll just take store credit" before I even look at the damn thing and hear your excuse drives me nuts!) then I'd tell you to go pound sand.  

So go it, say you're sorry but you lost the receipt, and tell them you wanna buy something else, and usually you can get a credit to buy something else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2008
    are u dm, asm, or sm?Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  7.  permalink
    its probably a sup if anythingi love it when they call me big papa
  8.  permalink
    if he is really a manageri love it when they call me big papa
  9.  permalink
    flea:are u dm, asm, or sm?

I am a DM.  
    Been with Fry's 5 years, DM for about 2 years now.
  10.  permalink
    and you work at the san diego store?i love it when they call me big papa
  11.  permalink
    biggysmalls:and you work at the san diego store?

No, I appear to be one of the 25% who do not work at the San Diego store.  
    I do work in the Southern California area though.
  12.  permalink
    Im a manager ask me anything...:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008
    With the activation of the large hadron super collider, will we finally see the elusive Higgs boson?
  13.  permalink
    Sasquatch: With the activation of the large hadron super collider, will we finally see the elusive Higgs boson?

wth does that mean? LOL
  14.  permalink
    elusivententionz: Im a manager ask me anything...:face-smile:

What store do you work at?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    elusivententionz:
    Sasquatch: With the activation of the large hadron super collider, will we finally see the elusive Higgs boson?

wth does that mean? LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider  

Let's hope it doesn't spawn any stable, micro black holes, or stranglets, and destroy the Earth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch:
    elusivententionz:

wth does that mean? LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider  

Let's hope it doesn't spawn any stable, micro black holes, or stranglets, and destroy the Earth.

You're nerd talk makes me so proud to be your e-wife.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Now you say something nerdy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    greenscreen: Let 'er rip!

what is discussed in the manager vcon other than weekly numbers?  

and better yet, if you know. what do sm and asm vcons consist of ???
  15.  permalink
    For department manager meetings, they are pretty much no different from the normal vcons the regular associates attend. These meetings are nothing more than a waste of time. As you mentioned numbers is the most important topic for the meetings as well as anything new that will be happening in the departments. New promotions, new allocated hours, etc.  

For SM and ASM’s, they pretty much go over the numbers for each department and as a store total. Emphasizing on what Randy Fry wants. One week he may want to focus on credit cards, the next may be wireless install. Sometimes he will call out individuals to answer questions on why this and why that. Again it’s a waste of 2-3 hours for managers. I believe that they have one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008
    Why focus on comparing store to store numbers? Why not focus on employee compared to another employee? I really don't give a fuck about City of Industry's numbers? Also there should be some "Daily focus item(s)" which Randy Fry directs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    I think none of us care about City of Industry's numbers, no offense to them.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I wish Fry's published their earnings. I would love to go over their numbers. Go public already! They will one day, but not until some torches have been passed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Sasquatch: I wish Fry's published their earnings. I would love to go over their numbers. Go public already! They will one day, but not until some torches have been passed.

With all those meetings someone should tally up the numbers every week and make them public.i am a worm.
  16.  permalink
    asdf: Why focus on comparing store to store numbers? Why not focus on employee compared to another employee? I really don't give a fuck about City of Industry's numbers? Also there should be some "Daily focus item(s)" which Randy Fry directs.

"Employee vs. Employee" comparisons is really left up to the DM of that department to delegate.  

Out manager meetings usually consist or going over new topics that have some up, future promos, policies, events, changes, etc..  
    Sometimes some managers will air out their "opportunities" with other sections of the store, and they'll work things out. I actually like our meetings because our store has a good family vibe, all the managers get along (except with the store manager) so we bounce alot of info off each other.  

SM/ASM meetings consist of numbers, numbers, numbers. Did you hit this goal, did you get these Fry's cards, did you sell these PSCs, did you get these attachments. It's a trickle down. Randy Fry hammers SM/ASM, for numbers, SM/AM hammers DMs for operations, DM hammers associates for sales.  

I can't tell you which store I work for (yet), but it's in the LA/OC area.  
    Oh, and I'm the one who's been leaking the Black Friday Fry's ads for the last 3 years!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    Oh, and I'm the one who's been leaking the Black Friday Fry's ads for the last 3 years!  

I owe you a beer.
  17.  permalink
    i can get those as well
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2008
    So supervisors... what is your take about this site? Do you feel any risk of using this resource? What other supervisors like yourself think bout this site? Do you think Randy Fry is watching?
  18.  permalink
    Honestly, does someone kissing your ass urge you to promote them on treat them betteR?  

what type of associates would you promote?  

what behavior do you like in an associate?
  19.  permalink
    I only promote those that drink with me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2008
    elusivententionz: I only promote those that drink with me!

of course
  20.  permalink
    greatqualityCDRW: Honestly, does someone kissing your ass urge you to promote them on treat them betteR?  

what type of associates would you promote?  

what behavior do you like in an associate?

I hate ass kissers, so no. If someone is trying to kiss my ass, they wont make me, them or the department any money.  

I would promote an associate who has some common sense and a good work ethic. I hate whiners, someone who is constantly complaining about the smallest things will get passed up by the guy who shuts up and gets his job done. It's really hard to find anyone who really wants to work for their money, most people just want to clock in a get a paycheck nowadays.  

You wanna get brownie points with me or any DM? Come up to me with a suggestion or an idea. If you come up to me and say something like "that endcap might look better split in two shelves", or "we should move these accessories next to this demo because they might sell better" shows me you give a damn on how the department is running and you wanna make things better.  

If you always want to know how to move more product and make more money, then you'll move up quick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2008
    What about Manipulative ass kissing, the kind you don't pick up on until it's too late.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkelly
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008
    What does it take to become a dm ? How many years ? Favoritism ? How did you move up ? Do you like your position and the responsibilities?:face-angel:
    •  
      CommentAuthorWow Member
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008 edited
    Hey, I have an idea of who you are..I'm not sure. but everything you just said remind me of someone  
    in particular. i used to work in the same store as you. I'm not sure if you remember me, but i was quite popular.  
    with everyone. Check your profile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    so what is your take on the fact frys pushes junk items like ecs and gq .... also what good is the frys card besides a table coaster.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    It makes a terrible coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    Suzukiman: so what is your take on the fact frys pushes junk items like ecs and gq .... also what good is the frys card besides a table coaster.

ECS is a brand thats coming up. I see it in many pre-built PC'si am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthormyep
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    green screen:  
    I am also a manager...software manager in the bay area. I've been a manager for 4 years now, in district one and district three, and in several different departments...an import from stevethomas' website. I can answer anything as well, if addressed to me. Anyway, green screen...what dept are you managing?  

Suzukiman....you know me....i found out who you were at my podium at your old store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWow Member
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2008
    Suzukiman Who is He?  
    I have an idea but not sure  
    contact me and tell me,i worked for this company before:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthormyep
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2008
    WOW:  
    I pretty much told you everything but my name. Its not to difficult to figure it out with the info I gave.