Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008 edited
    I don't know all the details yet but I know its proberly going to be tommorow June 19th afternoon or evening. I'm going to be talking about my termination with Fry's and why I created the website and how Fry's terminated me for the content of the site. Alot of the conent Fry's was complaing was made by various users and as stated on the site I can not be legally responsible by the content of the site made by users of the site. Even then I did remove the content and was still terminated. I'll keep you guys updated on the times and more information after it becomes available.  

Luis  
    Owner of Fry'sForum.comContact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    Someone youtube it.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    I'm going to ask them for a copy of the interview etc and try to tivo it and record it, I'll upload it on the site if I can okay.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
  1.  permalink
    admin:I'm going to ask them for a copy of the interview etc and try to tivo it and record it, I'll upload it on the site if I can okay.

For the love of God, tell them about the stuff that goes on at Fry's especially the working conditions on Black Friday. We need for this company to bleed!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    I don't know how long its going to be for so ill try to fit in as much information as possible. I want to talk about their scare tactics and how their open door policy doesn't work and about their favorisim among employees. Anything else I should talk about?Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
  2.  permalink
    admin:I don't know how long its going to be for so ill try to fit in as much information as possible. I want to talk about their scare tactics and how their open door policy doesn't work and about their favorisim among employees. Anything else I should talk about?

Black Friday and the God only knows how many labor laws are broken that day!!!!!!!
  3.  permalink
    admin:I don't know all the details yet but I know its proberly going to be tommorow June 19th afternoon or evening. I'm going to be talking about my termination with Fry's and why I created the website and how Fry's terminated me for the content of the site. Alot of the conent Fry's was complaing was made by various users and as stated on the site I can not be legally responsible by the content of the site made by users of the site. Even then I did remove the content and was still terminated. I'll keep you guys updated on the times and more information after it becomes available.  

Luis  
    Owner of Fry'sForum.com

You do know they do fact checking before airing a story. So they will find out from Sean that you still had your job after you took down all the offensive content that they asked you too. It was after you decided to fax that letter to every store including home office that home office decided to fire you and Sean couldn't do anything about it. So basically your gonna make yourself look just as stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Sasquatch:Someone youtube it.

The youtube is the suck, LiveVideo it!I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    SDCherryPicker:
    admin:I don't know all the details yet but I know its proberly going to be tommorow June 19th afternoon or evening. I'm going to be talking about my termination with Fry's and why I created the website and how Fry's terminated me for the content of the site. Alot of the conent Fry's was complaing was made by various users and as stated on the site I can not be legally responsible by the content of the site made by users of the site. Even then I did remove the content and was still terminated. I'll keep you guys updated on the times and more information after it becomes available.  

Luis  
    Owner of Fry'sForum.com

You do know they do fact checking before airing a story. So they will find out from Sean that you still had your job after you took down all the offensive content that they asked you too. It was after you decided to fax that letter to every store including home office that home office decided to fire you and Sean couldn't do anything about it. So basically your gonna make yourself look just as stupid.

Where do you get the idea news checks facts before airing stories? At least not in Arizona!Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    AyaHu:
    SDCherryPicker:

Luis  
    Owner of Fry'sForum.com

Where do you get the idea news checks facts before airing stories? At least not in Arizona!

The news checks facts on local stories atleast. I am not sure they check anything related to Bush and the US Government.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Not ours.. I can't count our horrible mistakes.Superhero!
  5.  permalink
    AyaHu:Not ours.. I can't count our horrible mistakes.

That's what you get for living in Arizona.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    Let's not forget the plague known as the Fry's Card and those abominable weekly quotas. And how no one on the sales floor seems to be responsible for safety, it's all up to FCO to check once an hour, every three hours (or so it seems).
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I think you're ignorant if you believe what you see on the news. Ever.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    well Personally, I wouldnt delve too far from what they are asking.. If you go further then what They ask, you might just start looking like a nutcase with a grudge against your old employer. as far as Black Friday goes.. It's retail.. If you go anywhere else, it'll be the same.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
  6.  permalink
    it will be the same no matter where you go, i remember them telling me in my interview about working black friday and the hours and i remember them stating it in training.
    but ya if your gonna be on tv careful on what you say.
    also you shoulda waited on faxing that letter to all the stores till after you got fired cause none of the managers are going to back you up at the risk of there own jobsi love it when they call me big papa
  7.  permalink
    biggysmalls:it will be the same no matter where you go, i remember them telling me in my interview about working black friday and the hours and i remember them stating it in training.  
    but ya if your gonna be on tv careful on what you say.  
    also you shoulda waited on faxing that letter to all the stores till after you got fired cause none of the managers are going to back you up at the risk of there own jobs

He wasn't going to get fired. Sean was fine after he took down all the shitty gossip. He still had a job. It was after he faxed everything that they had to fire him.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    First of all I'm only going to speak the truth at the interview and I have evidence to back it up unlike Fry's when I asked them to present evidence. Fry's doesn't have any evidence and they can't hold me accountable for shit! I removed the content cause I wanted to do the right thing and I did want to preserve my job. I knew I was fired that same day I was suspended, I guess you must have not read my statement. The fax numbers are right on Frys.com own website they are public fax numbers and plus what I stated in my statement was the truth and I wanted everyone to know, I had nothing to hide. I didn't trust Sam or Sean to send my statement to home office so I made sure everyone including Fry's home office got it and including anyone who went on the site. I know what I'm going to want to talk about in the interview and its going to be hopefully something like this. I was fired for the content of my website as you can see here in my 5 day suspension notice, of which many authors had posted and written those posts. It clearly states on the page that I can not be responsible for the content. Due to the fact that I was exposed for owning the site I decided to do the right thing and remove the postings in questions in order to preserve my job. I come back after my 5 day suspension and find I have no job and still being accused for the content. My suspension notice, employee statement and termination letter are what I have to show the news people that I was in fact fired for being the owner and for the content of the site. Basically I feel that my termination was not necessary because I complied and I feel that Fry's wanted retaliation for the content on the site and for me unionizing employees. What I do outside of work is my own personal business and I told them that too. I wasn't fired for faxing out my statement it doesn't say that on my termination notice. You should get your facts straight Tyler.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
  8.  permalink
    admin:First of all I'm only going to speak the truth at the interview and I have evidence to back it up unlike Fry's when I asked them to present evidence. Fry's doesn't have any evidence and they can't hold me accountable for shit! I removed the content cause I wanted to do the right thing and I did want to preserve my job. I knew I was fired that same day I was suspended, I guess you must have not read my statement. The fax numbers are right on Frys.com own website they are public fax numbers and plus what I stated in my statement was the truth and I wanted everyone to know, I had nothing to hide. I didn't trust Sam or Sean to send my statement to home office so I made sure everyone including Fry's home office got it and including anyone who went on the site. I know what I'm going to want to talk about in the interview and its going to be hopefully something like this. I was fired for the content of my website as you can see here in my 5 day suspension notice, of which many authors had posted and written those posts. It clearly states on the page that I can not be responsible for the content. Due to the fact that I was exposed for owning the site I decided to do the right thing and remove the postings in questions in order to preserve my job. I come back after my 5 day suspension and find I have no job and still being accused for the content. My suspension notice, employee statement and termination letter are what I have to show the news people that I was in fact fired for being the owner and for the content of the site. Basically I feel that my termination was not necessary because I complied and I feel that Fry's wanted retaliation for the content on the site and for me unionizing employees. What I do outside of work is my own personal business and I told them that too. I wasn't fired for faxing out my statement it doesn't say that on my termination notice. You should get your facts straight Tyler.

Did you fax the letter before your termination letter or after? I heard this from Seans mouth. He wanted you to keep your job. He just couldn't keep you after you faxed the letter. Home Office made the final decision.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    Its irrelevant. The letter I faxed was my statement and I wanted to make sure I was heard. Like I said on my termination letter it says I was fired for the content of the site not a fax I sent.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
  9.  permalink
    admin:Its irrelevant. The letter I faxed was my statement and I wanted to make sure I was heard. Like I said on my termination letter it says I was fired for the content of the site not a fax I sent.

Then I am hearing another story then. From what I heard you still had a job. Sean liked you on staff and wanted to keep you. He told me they had to fire you for faxing that letter. In the end it was Home Office decision for firing you. And it was because of the letter. I don't know if he was gonna send it to home office or not but you would still have a job if you didn't fax the letter. Maybe he was gonna rehire you or he hadn't filed the paperwork yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Show how the stamped dates precede the written dates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    Sean didn't even show up the day I was suppose to be come back from my suspension. How convenient. Notice the date of my termination on my termination letter its dated the sam day as my suspension notice. This aloen prooves they wanted to fire me regardless of the fax I had sent out. How does sending a fax make someone not be able to come back to work? It's not like I was overflowing their fax machines with hundreds of pages or trying to threaten them or anything. Its all about them trying to keep me quiet and not saying what I have to say. I don't care its what it says on my termination that counts if they wanted to fire me for faxing they should have put that in my termination letter oh well they fucked up then.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
  10.  permalink
    MacIas:Sean didn't even show up the day I was suppose to be come back from my suspension. How convenient. Notice the date of my termination on my termination letter its dated the next day after I was suspended. How does sending a fax make someone not be able to come out? It's not like I was overflowing their fax machines with hundreds of pages or trying to threaten them or anything. Its all about them trying to keep me quiet and not saying what I have to say. I don't care its what it says on my termination that counts if they wanted to fire me for faxing they should have put that in my termination letter oh well they fucked up then.

I don't know. It's gonna make everyone look like jackass's in the end. Maybe he was gonna rehire you or something. Good luck with the news story.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    I have nothing to hide, I'm already fired I did nothing wrong but stand up for my beliefs and my rights and I wanted to protect everyone on the site. If this is considered a online union then I guess I'm the leader.  

Check Out My "Associate Counseling Notice/5 Day Suspenstion Notice":  
    CLICK HERE  

Check Out My Statement I gave when I got my "Associate Counseling Notice/5 Day Suspenstion Notice":  
    CLICK HERE  

Check Out My "Involuntary Termination Request"  
    CLICK HEREaka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Sean is trying to change the story. He gave Luis a 5-day suspension meaning he was fired. Also the "Involuntary Termination Request" is also dated the day as the 5-day suspension. It was Sean's intention to fire Luis. Luis sent the fax of the suspension notice to Corporate just in case they do something fishy.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    Oh I forgot to mention check out on my 5 day suspension notice that they scratched off the original suspension date which was 06/03/08 the first day they tried to talk to me and wanting me to cooperate. I asked them to present evidence for any of their accusations and I told them that I wasn't going to talk about anything outside of what is related to Fry's. I don't think Fry's was going to let me keep my job and this just once again proves that they were going to fire me.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    That cooperation plan was for you to help them fire you and more people like you.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    SDCherryPicker:
    admin:Its irrelevant. The letter I faxed was my statement and I wanted to make sure I was heard. Like I said on my termination letter it says I was fired for the content of the site not a fax I sent.

Then I am hearing another story then. From what I heard you still had a job. Sean liked you on staff and wanted to keep you. He told me they had to fire you for faxing that letter. In the end it was Home Office decision for firing you. And it was because of the letter. I don't know if he was gonna send it to home office or not but you would still have a job if you didn't fax the letter. Maybe he was gonna rehire you or he hadn't filed the paperwork yet.

This would only work if Sean planned not to fax corporate the 5-day notice. But if that were the case Luis would have VQ'd because of job abandonment (no-call/no-show 3 days in a row).i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    everyone set up your dvr's or pctv tuners to record the broadcast. Upload these videos to Youtube.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    I don't believe in uploading to shitTube. If you are fine with crappy quality video, then go ahead!I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    I also noticed that my termination request date is dated 06/04/2008 the same day I got my 5 day suspension. This proves Sean and Sam wanted me fired period. I would have gotten fired regardless of sending the faxes out. This is just a cover up from Fry's or them changing their story. This really doesn't look good for Fry's.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
  11.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker:

It shouldnt matter what he did or didnt fax, thats fucking besides the point. Their acting like hes the fucking Uni-bomber and im getting damn sick of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoldenarmz
    And also give a shout out to all those few Fry's P.C.'s that are still up and running. (unlike its other counter parts)  

:face-monkey:Changing lives. 2million and one, 2million and 2, 2million and three....
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008
    10 News-KGTV-San Diego decided not to air the story guys. Oh well.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Awwww.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Damnit publicity lost!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008 edited
    Tyler, if you really believe Sean wanted to keep Luis, then you don't know Sean and you're an idiot. I know first hand. I got the whole "I got ya back" "Dont worry about it" "I can rehire you" bullshit too. It is nothing more than a game to him and the rest of the management/corporate.  

As for the news story, bummer it won't be aired. Did they actually do the interview?  

I was working with KGTV to do a story on their credit card vulnerabilities, but because I fixed them, it is no longer a problem. And thus, they couldn't do a story. The stipulation from them was that the story had to be done on a computer intended for customer use. San Marcos doesn't have a Frys Card computer like the San Diego store does. But the San Diego one is fixed (well, until they reformat it anyway.. and when they do.. the vulnerability will be available again and we can try again to do a story). The loophole for criminals (KGTV refused to use a non-public computer) is that any sales associate computer (especially at the ghosttown San Marcos.. I literally spent over 5 minutes trying to find an associate once across 2 departments!) can be used to retrieve the info too. Sales associates use their computers to process frys card applications. And thus, the info is recorded.  

In other words, FRYS IS ALLOWING THE USE OF KEYLOGGERS (INTERNET EXPLORER AUTOCOMPLETE.. ITS BUILT IN AND ENABLED BY DEFAULT) ON EVERY COMPUTER AND THEY DONT CARE THAT YOUR INFO CAN BE STOLEN! I tried to tell them, but they wouldn't listen.  

Go to a non-cashier register/terminal and open up the Frys app. Double click on any field and chances are you will get a list of info. Granted, if there is more than one entry since it was last cleared, it might be out of order and make it more difficult, but you can always clear it... wait for one frys app transaction to go through.. and then go back and write down the info. In addition, if there is any missing info or you need to double-check it, you can cross reference pretty much any of the info such as address, phone number, name, social security number (or so I hear), credit card info, mothers maiden name, and much more through online sites such as 411.com and others and over the phone with credit card companies (afterall, you have their ssn and mothers maiden name and everything else!!!!). How do I know all this? Because I researched it so I could present my findings to corporate.  

Luckily when I applied, it was a long time ago.. and since then.. I cleared the history of the autocomplete so my personal info isnt in there anymore... but I wasn't too happy to find out that anyone could have gotten my info!Regular Member
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    Don't worry macias you still have 5 other news networks willing to air your story. I have a feeling Fry's corporate paid someone off at ABC.
  12.  permalink
    wtf?!?!?  

Wait why wont they air it??  

I been watching the fucking news all day waiting for that shite.  

Fuck no im calling ABC to rip some new assholes RIGHT NOW.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    CrazyFox213:wtf?!?!?  

Wait why wont they air it??  

I been watching the fucking news all day waiting for that shite.  

Fuck no im calling ABC to rip some new assholes RIGHT NOW.

CALL! Rant!!Superhero!
  13.  permalink
    i think we should all call and rant!!!!!  
    do ittt!!!
  14.  permalink
    hey call micheal turko!!!
  15.  permalink
    http://www.10news.com/kgtv/178407/detail.html  

THERE IT IS MAKE SHIT HAPPEN FOLKS.
  16.  permalink
    admin:10 News-KGTV-San Diego decided not to air the story guys. Oh well.

That's too bad. They give any reason?
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    They don't have room to air my segment at this time but if they do at a later time they will contact me to let me know at a later time.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
  17.  permalink
    Well thats not good enough for me.  

Ill keep harassing until i see that shite on the news.  

I just sent them an asshole ripping email. So we'll see what happens.
  18.  permalink
    Gamefreak88:Tyler, if you really believe Sean wanted to keep Luis, then you don't know Sean and you're an idiot. I know first hand. I got the whole "I got ya back" "Dont worry about it" "I can rehire you" bullshit too. It is nothing more than a game to him and the rest of the management/corporate.  

As for the news story, bummer it won't be aired. Did they actually do the interview?  

I was working with KGTV to do a story on their credit card vulnerabilities, but because I fixed them, it is no longer a problem. And thus, they couldn't do a story. The stipulation from them was that the story had to be done on a computer intended for customer use. San Marcos doesn't have a Frys Card computer like the San Diego store does. But the San Diego one is fixed (well, until they reformat it anyway.. and when they do.. the vulnerability will be available again and we can try again to do a story). The loophole for criminals (KGTV refused to use a non-public computer) is that any sales associate computer (especially at the ghosttown San Marcos.. I literally spent over 5 minutes trying to find an associate once across 2 departments!) can be used to retrieve the info too. Sales associates use their computers to process frys card applications. And thus, the info is recorded.  

In other words, FRYS IS ALLOWING THE USE OF KEYLOGGERS (INTERNET EXPLORER AUTOCOMPLETE.. ITS BUILT IN AND ENABLED BY DEFAULT) ON EVERY COMPUTER AND THEY DONT CARE THAT YOUR INFO CAN BE STOLEN! I tried to tell them, but they wouldn't listen.  

Go to a non-cashier register/terminal and open up the Frys app. Double click on any field and chances are you will get a list of info. Granted, if there is more than one entry since it was last cleared, it might be out of order and make it more difficult, but you can always clear it... wait for one frys app transaction to go through.. and then go back and write down the info. In addition, if there is any missing info or you need to double-check it, you can cross reference pretty much any of the info such as address, phone number, name, social security number (or so I hear), credit card info, mothers maiden name, and much more through online sites such as 411.com and others and over the phone with credit card companies (afterall, you have their ssn and mothers maiden name and everything else!!!!). How do I know all this? Because I researched it so I could present my findings to corporate.  

Luckily when I applied, it was a long time ago.. and since then.. I cleared the history of the autocomplete so my personal info isnt in there anymore... but I wasn't too happy to find out that anyone could have gotten my info!

I love how you keep saying you fixed the computers. I just find that hilarious when you didn't do jackshit to fix them. All you did was mess around on them so you didn't have to do any work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGamefreak88
    Not my fault you're too stupid to understand everything I did. The vast majority of what I did was stuff you don't notice by just looking at the screen. Of that, you have to have a good eye to notice the changes. Some were cosmetic, boot times, system stability, security, heat issues (many were overheating), power consumption, software updates, firewall configurations (they were all screwed up), running processes/services eating up RAM, ease-of-use, broken components such as mice/keyboards, broken power buttons, broken card/check readers, broken printers, shorted/frayed cabling (fire hazard), overall speed of the computers (although the network is the problem, a faster computer never hurt anyone) and much more. I could go on and on with the list, but I really don't care to. Most of the changes were small, but there were also some big changes. And need I remind you, I was specifically asked to do the work with full permission by several levels of management and the service department.  

It's also great that now no one can change any of the settings on any cashier (including cafe) computer because I locked it all out. There are only two solutions. Either reformat, or find someone capable of understanding the changes and how they were changed. Even with my code and files, no one from home office or in the San Diego store can make heads or tails of it. And it's funny because a few Google searches is all it takes.  

I locked the settings from being changed so people like Ti (the girl) wouldn't go around and make the entire damn operating system theme solid pink with anime dvd wallpaper (there is still a loophole to changing the wallpaper, but few people know about it). And also so people like Ty (the sup) can't break them... he did so many bad tweaks (with good intentions) and had to use a program to do it (against company policy). At least 1/3 of the time I spent on the computers was fixing the crap he had done. You don't think like a network administrator so you don't understand all the problems. Don't talk shit about stuff you don't understand.  

Fry's Corporate IT is so damn stupid it is absolutely amazing. I'm not claiming to be the master of computers, but shit, you'd think 14yr olds were running the computer network.. and I mean that literally as the knowledge of a 14yr old can easily surpass their knowledge.Regular Member
  19.  permalink
    i think your just saying that cause you like to date 14 yr olds.  
    iv seen you hanging around the middle school gregi love it when they call me big papa