Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008 edited
    LOL. My friends at store 38 told me that the audit manager at 38 was fired for writing a 1500.00 bad check for appliances and was given 5 days to pay back and didn't. Don't you find it ironic that Frys hires people for audit that can't balance a checkbook? She was in her late 20s....I doubt it that was the first time she has done that!!! Doesn't Frys check people's credit reports before being hired for positions like this? WHAT AN INCOMPETENT COMPANY!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008
    Um no, you're credit doesn't have anyting to do with your employment. As long as you are qualified, your purchases outside of work shouldn't affect you, she shouldnt have written a bad check there though she should have elsewhere.Superhero!
  1.  permalink
    AyaHu:Um no, you're credit doesn't have anyting to do with your employment. As long as you are qualified, your purchases outside of work shouldn't affect you, she shouldnt have written a bad check there though she should have elsewhere.

Bad check= you can't manage your money......THEREFORE, why would any company want you to manage theirs?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    meinside100:
    AyaHu:Um no, you're credit doesn't have anyting to do with your employment. As long as you are qualified, your purchases outside of work shouldn't affect you, she shouldnt have written a bad check there though she should have elsewhere.

Bad check= you can't manage your money......THEREFORE, why would any company want you to manage theirs?

Why would they want to or how could you? See I know accountants who cant balance their own checkbooks, or rather, don't, but because it's their job, they do just fine with others. Auditing isn't even as involved as that. I wouldn't hire someone like that, and I'd have fired them, too, but if it happened outside of work technically, they shouldn't have fired her. On that note: A wise old FOB Italian guy once said "Aya, never trust a person who is always poor."  
    I didn't believe him for a while, but I soon learned... oh, I soon learned.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    well anywhere you work in retail.. if you write a bad check there.. they fire you.. Thats why I dont write checks in places I work.. in fact.. who uses checks anymore? :)I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbiggysmalls
    frys will fire you at there descretion for writing a bad check
    if you write it at there store because teqnicly your stealing from frysi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcLovin

All Department Managers are required to have a credit check done to see if they are fit for the job, which includes counting and handling money from the safe. Also, the other factor is: if you can't manage yourself (bad credit), how can you manage others?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    biggysmalls:frys will fire you at there descretion for writing a bad check  
    if you write it at there store because teqnicly your stealing from frys

Technically him being fired for this is illegal. It's like maxing out your Frys card and having to file for bankruptcy because you can't make the payments.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    meinside100:

Bad check means frys doesn't pay well. You need to get fired because there are better opportunities for you.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    worm:

Technically him being fired for this is illegal. It's like maxing out your Frys card and having to file for bankruptcy because you can't make the payments.

i remember that paper we had to sign..  

it says something that Fry's can fire you for any reasonLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    cashier27:
    worm:

Technically him being fired for this is illegal. It's like maxing out your Frys card and having to file for bankruptcy because you can't make the payments.

i remember that paper we had to sign..  

it says something that Fry's can fire you for any reason

Damn straight.Superhero!
  2.  permalink
    meinside100:LOL. My friends at store 38 told me that the audit manager at 38 was fired for writing a 1500.00 bad check for appliances and was given 5 days to pay back and didn't. Don't you find it ironic that Frys hires people for audit that can't balance a checkbook? She was in her late 20s....I doubt it that was the first time she has done that!!! Doesn't Frys check people's credit reports before being hired for positions like this? WHAT AN INCOMPETENT COMPANY!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering who told you that... Besides you should be careful of rumors... and not so easy to judge other people. How do you know this "rumor" is true? And if it were true, what gives you the right to say it was due to not being able to manage personal finances? Perhaps this person who was fired, had a bank error, a family emergency, some extreme circumstance? Not only that, but is it the fact that you work at Fry's (I can only assume) that makes you think that you are a real up-and-coming person in the world? Because after reading your eloquent post, I would certainly agree with you. (sarcasm)  

Besides that, by opening your mouth, you have given this person an ability to sue. That's because any employer who terminates an employee, is required by law to not discuss this with any person besides the individual directly involved, unless with written prior agreement from said employee. So... regardless of whether or not this forum is affiliated with Fry's doesn't matter... it just proves that it was discussed.  

So before you go slamming others for being "incompetent," I would strongly watch your own words and actions. Guess what, you've not only managed to open up Fry's for a potential "defamation of character" suit, you've always managed to make yourself come across as a total moron in the process. Awesome, cheers all around for you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorthecleaner
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008 edited
    discrimination states the truth! sounds like a bunch of gossipy busy bodies ready to pounce on anything that makes them feel better about themselves, and it takes someone else's misfourtune for that?  
    And so by encouraging this rumor, you are saying you've never made a mistake? I will gladly admit I have made some mistakes...I'm human. I've even written a couple of bounced checks due to my human nature of making mistakes. Something that is not mentioned and I would think should be added to this, how long was this person employeed? If for a short time then yeah they should be let go. But had she been there a while and was this her first mistake? 'Cause I think that should be considered in the situation too.  
    So if you're smart, time to end this rumor now by shutting your "mouth". You're sure to end up on the other side of the rumor mill one day (I'm sure we all will), and by encouraging this you are one who well deserves it!
  3.  permalink
    Thank you cleaner. All I can say is that what goes around, comes around. The rumor mill should be the last thing the poster should worry about. I wonder what would happen if this person reads this forum? I would worry about the big fat subpeona that is sure to come, and I'm sure his/her friend is going to be pretty unhappy that something told in confidence to him/her, will end up not only losing a LOT more people their jobs... but Fry's could stand to lose a pretty penny. Even if they settle out of court, and they will... It's ironic that this supposed firing or whatever... will end up making the person in a lot better position than they started out... because of a post started by someone with far too much time on their hands...  

Again, this site can state whatever it wants about freedom of speech... It's irrelevant. Where's there's smoke... there's fire and now there's a reason to investigate and that's all a lawyer needs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthecleaner
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008
    true dat!
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    discrimination:Thank you cleaner. All I can say is that what goes around, comes around. The rumor mill should be the last thing the poster should worry about. I wonder what would happen if this person reads this forum? I would worry about the big fat subpeona that is sure to come, and I'm sure his/her friend is going to be pretty unhappy that something told in confidence to him/her, will end up not only losing a LOT more people their jobs... but Fry's could stand to lose a pretty penny. Even if they settle out of court, and they will... It's ironic that this supposed firing or whatever... will end up making the person in a lot better position than they started out... because of a post started by someone with far too much time on their hands...  

Again, this site can state whatever it wants about freedom of speech... It's irrelevant. Where's there's smoke... there's fire and now there's a reason to investigate and that's all a lawyer needs.

Its kind of hard to find out who someone is when:  

1. The admin keeps no IP address files. If they do get a hold of it that means they hacked into my computer from a foreign source and opens a counter suit on my part and the FEDS. Not to mention that this computer is OWNED by the federal government since I'm now a federal employee and its THEIR computer. So hacking into the computer in question is in itself a federal crime.  

2. I'm not worried about it because this isn't exactly a rumor since my friend showed me the termination request...  

3. No name was mentioned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    Some facts you should know:  

1) This site is registred and hosted in Singapore . There is no U.S. jurisdiction or U.S. law cooperation with Singapores foregin goverment.  
    2) The site is legally registered to a friend who lives some where else, who doesn't live in U.S. or Singapore, where U.S. subpeonas do not apply.  
    3) Alot of effort has been put to protect peoples identitys thats why we have fact # 1 and fact #2 in placeaka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    MacIas:Some facts you should know:  

1) This site is registred and hosted in Singapore . There is no U.S. jurisdiction or U.S. law cooperation with Singapores foregin goverment.  
    2) The site is legally registered to a friend who lives some where else, who doesn't live in U.S. or Singapore, where U.S. subpeonas do not apply.  
    3) Alot of effort has been put to protect peoples identitys thats why we have fact # 1 and fact #2 in place

Not to mention my family does have diplomatic immunity for most small civil charges due to my uncle being married to a small-time diplomat I will not name only that it is a Baltic State.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    All user information is confidential on the site.Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    discrimination:
    meinside100:LOL. My friends at store 38 told me that the audit manager at 38 was fired for writing a 1500.00 bad check for appliances and was given 5 days to pay back and didn't. Don't you find it ironic that Frys hires people for audit that can't balance a checkbook? She was in her late 20s....I doubt it that was the first time she has done that!!! Doesn't Frys check people's credit reports before being hired for positions like this? WHAT AN INCOMPETENT COMPANY!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering who told you that... Besides you should be careful of rumors... and not so easy to judge other people. How do you know this "rumor" is true? And if it were true, what gives you the right to say it was due to not being able to manage personal finances? Perhaps this person who was fired, had a bank error, a family emergency, some extreme circumstance? Not only that, but is it the fact that you work at Fry's (I can only assume) that makes you think that you are a real up-and-coming person in the world? Because after reading your eloquent post, I would certainly agree with you. (sarcasm)  

Besides that, by opening your mouth, you have given this person an ability to sue. That's because any employer who terminates an employee, is required by law to not discuss this with any person besides the individual directly involved, unless with written prior agreement from said employee. So... regardless of whether or not this forum is affiliated with Fry's doesn't matter... it just proves that it was discussed.  

So before you go slamming others for being "incompetent," I would strongly watch your own words and actions. Guess what, you've not only managed to open up Fry's for a potential "defamation of character" suit, you've always managed to make yourself come across as a total moron in the process. Awesome, cheers all around for you!

He's opened Fry's up for a suit about as much as I've opened your mom's legs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    honestly thats what debit and credit cards are for  

checks should be used when plastic is not acceptedLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    The fact that person is getting so upset, means to me it is the girl who got fired, and they are pissed because everyone knows.Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    Sorry but none of that is true.  

The site itself or the laws that govern it are irrelevant. There exists a conversation that confidential documents were shared. That is all that matters.  

Sorry to say but I do not, nor would I ever work at Fry's. I actually stumbled on this site on accident and found it highly amusing. Call me an internet troll if you will... I spend a lot of time waiting on flights and my blackberry keeps me entertained while waiting on flights.  

Now see, this morning I was just nosey. So I was curious to see what happened.  

I will say one thing... It is both funny to me and ironic that so many people post things like this and the many other posts I read, yet probably wonder why they've never gotten anywhere in life. Perhaps if they spent less time talking about others, whining, and just in general, making fools out of themselves, then they'd get somewhere in life. The irony is that's the basis of most of the comments... Back-stabbing and jealousy and complaining...  

So if they'd just get on with life, get a real job, and quit acting like high school students they might have a chance. Stop being such a stereotype...  
    I used to like shopping at that store. But now I see that the employees and former employees are so classless and tacky, I'm appalled. Bestbuy may ignore me most of the time I walk in the store, but at least they aren't hanging their dirty laundry out for the internet community at large to read about. I can only imagine now what else happens in this store that isn't posted here.Its scary, and I can't even describe how much I am revolted at the idea that these people could be handling the plasma I was actually looking to buy when I found this site.  

No thank you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorthecleaner
    meinside100:
    discrimination:Thank you cleaner. All I can say is that what goes around, comes around. The rumor mill should be the last thing the poster should worry about. I wonder what would happen if this person reads this forum? I would worry about the big fat subpeona that is sure to come, and I'm sure his/her friend is going to be pretty unhappy that something told in confidence to him/her, will end up not only losing a LOT more people their jobs... but Fry's could stand to lose a pretty penny. Even if they settle out of court, and they will... It's ironic that this supposed firing or whatever... will end up making the person in a lot better position than they started out... because of a post started by someone with far too much time on their hands...  

Its kind of hard to find out who someone is when:  

1. The admin keeps no IP address files. If they do get a hold of it that means they hacked into my computer from a foreign source and opens a counter suit on my part and the FEDS. Not to mention that this computer is OWNED by the federal government since I'm now a federal employee and its THEIR computer. So hacking into the computer in question is in itself a federal crime.  

2. I'm not worried about it because this isn't exactly a rumor since my friend showed me the termination request...  

3. No name was mentioned.

what i think is so interesting is how quick you are to mention everything that you think secures you from getting in trouble when you do something you obviously agree isn't the right thing to do, but you love spreading someone else's mistakes.  
    It doesn't matter if she has identity or not, just putting it out there that someone showed you her termination papers, she can show this and have an investigation done. Nothing may come out of it, but then again it could.  
    And lets say this is a bank error. Many times when that happens, the bank can't give you your money back until they've done their own investigation. And then proof can be given it was not her fault, and that would make it where the company fired her for false accusations.  
    And to all who say debit and credit cards should have been used, mistakes happen with those too! I've seen it.  
    And I've worked for the government myself, and you don't think they don't monitor what you look at? And they won't punish you for "saying" info you shouldn't about them too?  
    And for the one who is saying discimination is the girl who got fired, you wouldn't be mad if your mistake got out? Or are you so perfect you don't make mistakes?!  
    And with that, I'm done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Wow, I don't remember anyone here asking why they failed at life.  
    And to be honest, when you get into the real world, you'll find childishness and backstabbing is rampant EVERYWHERE. Gossip is EVERYWHERE.  

You guys are really defending this person half of us dont even know, whats the point? Are you being hypocritical by caring what someone else is doing/does? Clearly this poor girl got her feelings hurt and came to stand up for herself or sent her friends. Which is AWESOME. So please, continue.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    "I used to like shopping at that store. But now I see that the employees and former employees are so classless and tacky, I'm appalled. Bestbuy may ignore me most of the time I walk in the store, but at least they aren't hanging their dirty laundry out for the internet community at large to read about."  

Lol, WTF. Get a clue, noob.  

I love how the cleaner posts something concurring after each of your posts. So convenient.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcLovin
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2008
    I'm sure of the thousands (millions?) of Best Buy employees, none of them have ever gone on the internet and posted their "dirty laundry." No way that could ever happen. Fry's is a small company, and still you're only seeing the rants and ravings of like 10 people from 2 or 3 stores here. Also, it's not like you're seeing all of this on CNN or something. This forum might be a big part of your life, thecleaner, but I'd bet 99% of Fry's own employees don't even know about it, much less the entire interwebs. Hardly a reason to stop shopping at Fry's.
  5.  permalink
    Well, I know no one asked but now I'm entertained and can't help myself. I probably have nothing to do but argue with a bunch of ridiculous people... Where's my drink? LOL  

Anyway, if you have such a great job now with the government, why do you have this website about a company you used to work at? I smell bullshit. I had a job at a supermarket when I was 16 (15 yrs ago now) and I wouldn't dream of starting a website just to bitch about that company or the people that work there! Its one thing to spend your bored time doing silly things and arguing with silly people (raises hand), its another thing to start a whole website devoted to what should be one small part of your life, and should be in your past.  

I'm really no longer amused here so this is my last post... I'm sure you don't really care. But I've never met you, I have no clue who you are... But I've got the idea you are one of those fat, miserable bitches who whines about someone stealing your boyfriend, why your boss hates you, and why you can't ever get a promotion. Here's a clue... Worry about taking care of yourself instead of wondering what other people do, and you'll get much farther in life and maybe you'll finally be able to move on and put this old job behind you. Clearly you can't now (because you have this amazing website that's all hidden from the government, ha), and its really kind of sad.  

Drinks here! Toodle-oo!  

Beth
  6.  permalink
    Well, I know no one asked but now I'm entertained and can't help myself. I probably have nothing to do but argue with a bunch of ridiculous people... Where's my drink? LOL  

Anyway, if you have such a great job now with the government, why do you have this website about a company you used to work at? I smell bullshit. I had a job at a supermarket when I was 16 (15 yrs ago now) and I wouldn't dream of starting a website just to bitch about that company or the people that work there! Its one thing to spend your bored time doing silly things and arguing with silly people (raises hand), its another thing to start a whole website devoted to what should be one small part of your life, and should be in your past.  

I'm really no longer amused here so this is my last post... I'm sure you don't really care. But I've never met you, I have no clue who you are... But I've got the idea you are one of those fat, miserable bitches who whines about someone stealing your boyfriend, why your boss hates you, and why you can't ever get a promotion. Here's a clue... Worry about taking care of yourself instead of wondering what other people do, and you'll get much farther in life and maybe you'll finally be able to move on and put this old job behind you. Clearly you can't now (because you have this amazing website that's all hidden from the government, ha), and its really kind of sad.  

Drinks here! Toodle-oo!  

Beth
  7.  permalink
    discrimination:Well, I know no one asked but now I'm entertained and can't help myself. I probably have nothing to do but argue with a bunch of ridiculous people... Where's my drink? LOL  

Drinks here! Toodle-oo!  

Beth

He's a janitor. That's his government job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Actually this website was not made to rant, it was made to discuss all aspects of Fry's customers and workers. ALL. So hey new sale at Frys.. Hey Frys has crappy service... Hey Frys has good service.  
    It just so happened that, mainly, the people who found the site were upset with frys and worked there.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Beth. What a gay name.
  8.  permalink

Credit checks are often done as a condition of employment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    SDCherryPicker:  
    He's a janitor. That's his government job.

shut up about this janitor thing already. Everyone is a janitor in your eyes. You're a janitor too considering you cashiers have to do that janitorial rotation.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    notparistexas:

Credit checks are often done as a condition of employment.

At some companies.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam
    in case you didnt know gnome=greg

greg=moderator

this post = will be deleted...over and over again, by greg.

(greg this is a bot btw if you haven't realized it yet...checks every 10 seconds to see if this post is here.)
  9.  permalink
    Frys should have made clear that they wanted bad chicks not bad checks.
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010
    Groan...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010
    Seconded.
Add your comments