Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I'm looking to buy a laptop for my gf, preferably a sony (please don't rip me for loving sony, i grew up with a sony trinitron tv :face-devil-grin: ). I really like the new model sonys, the FZs, I believe. Hope fry's drop two hundred dollars off, that would be sick. The gf would love it :face-monkey:
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Greatest Wigger of all time (this guy is beyond Eminem)!!!!
    Great Place To Find RipOff Information and Disputes about a Company
    when does frys contact for employment or lack there of?
    Minimum Wage to be $9 a hour this July
    What do you think Fry's future will be in this recession?
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2007
    Frys San Diego has one of the FZ on sales right now it was like $1499 and its on sale for $1299.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    Same across the stores I believe. Now is a good time to buy a Sony FZ model. The FZ160's are $1299, and are among the fastest laptops out on the market right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    Will there be any digital camera for sale? I will need to buy one for my Father. I'm thinking of also getting a photo printer to go with the Camera. Maybe, I should check out Walmart. Walmart does not have the greatest selection though.
  3.  permalink
    I wonder what will be on sale for July of this year?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009
    First, stay away from Sony craptops. Sony is so proprietary, you CAN'T upgrade from their version of Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate (or Business for that fact) unless it's THEIR version. How do I know this? My sister in law bought two and found out after te fact that they couldn't be upgraded. A friend (who is in IT and didn't listen) bought two and found out the hard way when half of the drivers wouldn't install.  

Look at HP, Levono, Gateway, maybe Dell. Also, consider asking Best Buy to price match. If you ever have a problem with the laptop, Fry's "service" is the pits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    As much as I love the speed and power of Sony, they are crap in long term stability. Hard to say what I would recommend outside of it. If she can use a netbook for away from home use then get her one of those 300$ asus things and a quad core for her home. She will thank you.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    MorganC: Will there be any digital camera for sale? I will need to buy one for my Father. I'm thinking of also getting a photo printer to go with the Camera. Maybe, I should check out Walmart. Walmart does not have the greatest selection though.

Try  
    www.adorama.com  

Walmart is craptastic. Dont even try it. Anything you get there you will have to return. They only stock crappy stuff.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009 edited
    Or B&H Photo. If you're looking at a DSLR, get it from a real camera store (Adorama, B&H, or local store).  

IMHO, netbooks are a glorified PDA. There are some high quality laptops available (Levono, HP).
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    ObiWan: Or B&H Photo. If you're looking at a DSLR, get it from a real camera store (Adorama, B&H, or local store).  

IMHO, netbooks are a glorified PDA. There are some high quality latops available (Levono, HP).

Exactly, the only thing they are good for it going to college and hopping on the net. Thats why combined with a quad core gaming monster at home, they are perfect.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    As I told my boss, netbooks are for women and sissies (if you've seen Sony and Dell's offerings, you'll know what I mean). His wife wanted one. Me - I'll stick with my laptop. Unless I get into some high end graphics or web creation, I doubt that I'll ever go back to a desktop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2009
    This guy was looking for a laptop for his GIRLFRIEND which would imply she was a woman and therefore the netbook is the way to go. My twin has that little pink one with 180gig hard drive. Its useless except when you are out and about.I had a couple of laptops that were useless unless you plugged them into a wall, so I got a master computer. This is how all people should live. If I was a college kid I'd use the pink notebook all over. Then come home to my baby. Currently on my work laptop which goes to and from work with me. It's pretty neat but it cant do what my baby does. And it can't function without being plugged into a wall.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    i agree. i have a netbook and its great for web use when your out or just chillin on the couch or bed... but for actual work a beefer desktop is the way to go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    AyaHu: This guy was looking for a laptop for his GIRLFRIEND which would imply she was a woman and therefore the netbook is the way to go. My twin has that little pink one with 180gig hard drive. Its useless except when you are out and about.I had a couple of laptops that were useless unless you plugged them into a wall, so I got a master computer. This is how all people should live. If I was a college kid I'd use the pink notebook all over. Then come home to my baby. Currently on my work laptop which goes to and from work with me. It's pretty neat but it cant do what my baby does. And it can't function without being plugged into a wall.

that poster looking for a laptop for his girlfriend was so LAST YEAR.. actually more like so YEAR BEFORE LAST YEAR.. ;)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink
    extension wma
    wma to mp3 free
    convert wma to .mp3 freeware
    <a href=http://www.audio-transcoder.com/how-to-convert-wma-files-to-mp3>wma to mp3</a>
    batch wma to mp3 converter
    best .wma2mp3 online
  5.  permalink