Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Looking to get this laptop. Anyone has any input on this model? I went to see it the other day and I'm impressed with it. The sales guy told me it has the new santa rosa chip and the wireless N. I know i can't really use the N, but it'll be great to have it, just in case. The design is also nice, as always, by sony. Does anyone know the battery life on it? Is it selling pretty good? Thanks ahead for your input.  

Go Lakers! :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2007
    It's a nice laptop, one of the best on the market right now. Good screen, nice specs, fast 2.0 Ghz Intel Core2Duo with an 800 Mhz FSB. 2gb memory is as much as you'll find anywhere.  

The hard drive speed leaves a little to be desired at only 4200 RPM, and for some reason Sony decided to stay with the Intel GMA 950 instead of the much preferable Intel X3100, but it's still a solid performer.  

Don't look for it to blow away 3D games, but as far as a daily use laptop, you can't make a better choice than that model right now.
  2.  permalink
    wow, thanks for the input. that helped a lot. it won't be used for gaming, so i think it's fine. i guess that's the model i'll go with then. :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2007 edited
    The Sony FZ160 model is pretty good. The FZ180 model just has a bigger hard disk, dedicated graphics and blu ray drive  

It's pretty much the high end without paying the extra $500 for the blu ray drive.  

I think you can buy it at frys today for about $1399. Normal price being $1499.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2007
    The FZ series are also using the new Centrino Pro motherboards which allows for better battery life and also these computers are the lightest 15.4" laptops I've ever seen.Howard Dean for America '08