Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    As far as i know, fry's has about 30 stores  
    whereas best buy has 750 stores  

Fry's sales a lot of generic brand and refurbished products  
    BestBuy has few selections compared to Fry's  

Deals at Fry's are generally good  
    Deals at Best Buy compares to Fry's and sometimes even cheaper  

Fry's has a bunch of rebates  
    Best Buy is cutting back on their Rebates  

Fry's has very knowledgeable Employees  
    Best Buy employees shits in their pants when i ask something technical  

I'd give 1 vote to Fry's just because it's a more fun place to shop. :face-monkey:
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Quit Fry's Electronics and work for Best Buy
    Does Fry's Electronics hire illegal aliens?
    Fry's Electronics San Diego Robbed At GunPoint!
    Fry's Electronics Black Friday Ad 2008
    28 things that will happen on Black Friday 2008 at Fry's Electronics
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    both shit there pants not because they dont know the answer but be cause they are too stupid not to.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    Frys is a "fun place to shop"? I'd rather go to the dentist than have to go to a Fry's store. IMHO, prices for main ticket items (computers, iPods, etc.) are about the same at both Fry's and Best Buy. True, that Fry's has a larger selection, but a lot of it is junk. Also, I've found Best Buy's employees to be a lot more knowledgable (especially in the computer department) than Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    Best Buy employees focus is way better that Fry's employees. Fry's employees have no direction.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Nah, Fry's really is cheaper.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNinjician
    Anyone who thinks that the kids that work at Best Buy know more than the commission-based salesmen at Fry's are biased idiots.  

I bet the Components department from one Fry's store alone knows more than all 750 Best Buys put together.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Best Buy workers may not know anything but they are sweeter.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008
    both are equally overpriced go to new egg or cdw or a number of other better priced places the only thing the box stores are good for is getting stuff really cheap if you know what I mean ...... I dont condone any type of unlawfull acts whatsoever ....... :face-angel:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2008
    If Newegg has a retail store I am unaware for it, and I am not paying shipping. Ends up being the same price as being it in the store.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2008
    I did a comparison it is usually cheaper unless there is a sale and the good stuff doesnt go on sale at fried also supermicro boards are marked up to 300$ where at new egg 150 or soLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  3.  permalink
    Purple&Gold: As far as i know, fry's has about 30 stores  
    whereas best buy has 750 stores  

Fry's sales a lot of generic brand and refurbished products  
    BestBuy has few selections compared to Fry's  

Deals at Fry's are generally good  
    Deals at Best Buy compares to Fry's and sometimes even cheaper  

Fry's has a bunch of rebates  
    Best Buy is cutting back on their Rebates  

Fry's has very knowledgeable Employees  
    Best Buy employees shits in their pants when i ask something technical  

I'd give 1 vote to Fry's just because it's a more fun place to shop. :face-monkey:

I prefer Best Buy. If Fry's has something cheaper I get it priced matched at Best Buy. I prefer BB over Frys since I dont feel like I need a shower after leaving BB.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008
    Does anyone have an invite to what.cd?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    Frys has far, far more selection. I was at Fry's this weekend buying a new MP3 player since mine sucked. It took me 1.5 billion hours because there were so damn many to choose from.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    NEWEGG!!!!!!!Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    Best Buy better than Fry's? Feel like you need a shower after leaving Fry's? Wow what Fry's are you going into? My Fry's is uberhot. We have 2 of the over 900 Best Buys within 3 miles of us and we spank those stores on the daily. Here's the deal, at ANY big box store, where you have 200+ employees the idiots will always outnumber the real-deal badasses who could help you get what your really after.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    N-E-W-E-G-G !!!!Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    Newegg isn't some catchall, sure for some things but for audio? Yeah, those speakers look like they sound great!:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I look at factory specs and construction materials used i would only buy speakers with neodymium magnets billet aluminum magnet housing and cold press steel speaker cage also i look at there tolerances for the center magnet and what they use as lubricant and how they spun the wires. Needless to say I only shop for high power rc motors not speakers but that is what I would be looking at if I were. besides speakers don't like mud and water.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    Suzukiman: i would only buy speakers with neodymium magnets billet aluminum magnet housing and cold press steel speaker cage also i look at there tolerances for the center magnet and what they use as lubricant and how they spun the wires.

I heard a Best Buy salesman say that once! LOL
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    Lurch: Best Buy better than Fry's? Feel like you need a shower after leaving Fry's? Wow what Fry's are you going into? My Fry's is uberhot.

There are a lot of us that feel like we've either been groped or need to be de-louced after visiting Frys (for me, that would have included Woodland Hills, Burbank, Marina Del Rey, Fountain Valley, and the two Houston stores).  

And which Fry's do you claim is "uberhot"?
  4.  permalink
    ObiWan:
    Lurch: Best Buy better than Fry's? Feel like you need a shower after leaving Fry's? Wow what Fry's are you going into? My Fry's is uberhot.

There are a lot of us that feel like we've either been groped or need to be de-louced after visiting Frys (for me, that would have included Woodland Hills, Burbank, Marina Del Rey, Fountain Valley, and the two Houston stores).  

And which Fry's do you claim is "uberhot"?

Seriously, the Duluth store is shit compared to some of the stores in Cali....Frys needs to spend more $ on their Georgia stores. The Coke vending machines look like they came from the projects and the ones in Cali are the glass-case ones that take plastic. Not to mention the GA stores from the lighting, fixtures...the whole store needs a make-over.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    Webster counts for H-town bro, that's three in Houston. Yeah northside might not be the sharpest looking store ,but it wasn't built from scratch. Other two stores are sick as hell, pretty clean too. Closest Big Box to South Houston is Best Buy on Gessner, seriously there is no comparison, not even close! You know what, come to think about it, the Best Buy down off of Sweetwater isn't even close ether. I've been shopping all of these stores since they opened. Don't forget about poor 'ol Circuit City on Fondren...R.I.P.  

Now the Webster store is so sick nothing from Galveston to Almeda even comes close at all,at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well never worked at bb but those are the things to look for the tighter the tolerance the longer it will last if you have good lubricant.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    Suzukiman: N-E-W-E-G-G !!!!

No Shipping,  
    Human Interaction,  
    Product Interaction > New EggSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ok than malabs. and its always cheaper.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    Lurch - haven't been to the Webster store (don't plan to either). I have to visit Baytown two to three times a year on business - that's enough. The primary BB that I visit is in Humble, and maybe the one in The Woodlands if need be. Most of the tech purchases I make are online (Best Buy doesn't carry stuff like Adobe Creative Suite and such) - B&H, CDW, Adobe direct (that NAPP membership comes in handy).  

Yes, Fried does carry a lot of "stuff". But, I'd have to be pretty darn desperate for something to ever set foot in Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    sweet i have successfully got another person to call it fried.  

just remember  

Frys  
    Reamed  
    You  
    Sucker!Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Some  
    Urban  
    Zoo  
    Used  
    Koalas  
    Inside  
    My  
    Appetizer  
    Nicceee.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Apparent  
    Yak  
    Apparitions  

Sirs  
    Authority (of)  
    State  
    Quail  
    Unified  
    Association  
    To  
    Contain  
    HungerSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    "The Best Lies Are ALWAYS At Fry's"  

"You Didn't Pay Full Price Unless You Bought It At Frys"
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    ObiWan: "The Best Lies Are ALWAYS At Fry's"  

"You Didn't Pay Full Price Unless You Bought It At Frys"

You should shop the weekly sales, ObiWan.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    There's nothing at Fry's that I really need/want. Their "sale" stuff is usually akin to bantha poodoo.
  5.  permalink
    Fry's is known for selling Junk...stick to Best Buys...
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    elusivententionz: Fry's is known for selling Junk...stick to Best Buys...

Yeah...we all knew that anyway...
  6.  permalink
    The only thing worth purchasing at Fry's is clearance items. I managed to get a Flat Panel, lets just say a $1500 retail for about $400...
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    elusivententionz: The only thing worth purchasing at Fry's is clearance items. I managed to get a Flat Panel, lets just say a $1500 retail for about $400...

But...did it actually work? :face-devil-grin:
  7.  permalink
    Of course I am still using it today, plus I got the 5 year PSC for like 100 bucks...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    elusivententionz: Of course I am still using it today, plus I got the 5 year PSC for like 100 bucks...

You got ripped off on the PSC.Superhero!
  8.  permalink
    Actually I didn't because when this TV does go out, I'll make sure that I get the same TV Brand, just the newer model. Its AWESOME when you know the in's and out's of the Service Contract :face-devil-grin:  

AyaHu:
    elusivententionz: Of course I am still using it today, plus I got the 5 year PSC for like 100 bucks...

You got ripped off on the PSC.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008
    Right.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008
    I buy at Best Buy so I can get reward points. Fry's needs a point system.
  9.  permalink
    asdf: I buy at Best Buy so I can get reward points. Fry's needs a point system.

Nah, Frys is too cheap for that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008
    Frys may have a bigger selection, but there's a higher likelyhood of the product being damaged, given the way Frys handles their merchandise. Additionally, many of Frys "sale items" are low quality knock-offs. Add into that the probability of being groped/fondled by a Door Nazi.
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    elusivententionz: Actually I didn't because when this TV does go out, I'll make sure that I get the same TV Brand, just the newer model. Its AWESOME when you know the in's and out's of the Service Contract :face-devil-grin:  

AyaHu:

You got ripped off on the PSC.

this guy is dreaming regarding PSC, they only cover for what you paid for at best which is $400  

so, your taking a chance that Frys will be still in business and paid 20% of value up front knowing only 2%-3% of HDTV will have any problems at all if any after the initial warranty.:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    ObiWan: Frys may have a bigger selection, but there's a higher likelyhood of the product being damaged, given the way Frys handles their merchandise. Additionally, many of Frys "sale items" are low quality knock-offs. Add into that the probability of being groped/fondled by a Door Nazi.

Most retailers have low quality knock-offs. the best selling knock-off is Equate, distributed by Walmart.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    what is equate?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: what is equate?

A brand similar to Fry's GQ.
    •  
      CommentAuthornewmedia
    Best buy is OK when buying , they offer better price price protection unless its from bestbuy.com  

even the CC is shit hole, they do offer best policy when it comes to price protection.  

after all, shoppers are looking for not only quality but also price and service..  

Frys is like rat shack magastore, its one stop shopping place for consumer electronics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    asdf:
    Suzukiman: what is equate?

A brand similar to Fry's GQ.

Isnt Equate an old people incontinence pad manufacturer...  
    Why.. yes I just checked, my dogs' incontinence pads are equate. (They are pad trained)Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008
    Whaaa?