Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I bought a Sony monitor, sealed in the box. Brought it home and started unpacking it. As I pulled out the instruction pamplet, I noticed it was badly stained with coffee. When I called Fry's to complain, they said it was standard practice to inspect, reseal, and put returned items back on the shelf for sale. They even have a shrink wrap machine!! They assured me all the usual warranties would still apply. But I don't give a damn about whether the warranty applies or not, I want new stuff when I pay new stuff prices.  

So, like the optimistic idiot I am, the next time I went to buy a Palm pilot for my wife for a present, I grabbed one of the boxes that not only had the shrink wrapping, but had 4 sealed nylon straps around the box. Obviously this was a new unit. I wanted to load all my wife's address info into the Palm so she would be ready when she opened it. Surprise, surprise, Sgt Carter! When I opened the box, the docking cradle, lid, the connection wires, and some of the documents were missing. So I hauled the crap back to Fry's and stood for 45 minutes in the return line. The return guy starts to process the paperwork, glances into the box and throws it in a shopping cart. But, when he asks why I am returning it and I replied that parts were missing, now he gets excited. Even though he didn't notice the missing parts and I could have made up any excuse, now he wasn't going to take it back! He had to go and get a manager! So I'm grilling this dilbert about how I could buy a sealed unit with parts missing, and he fesses up that not only do the have a shrink wrap machine, they have the nylon strapping machine.  

NEVER, EVER, EVER buy any hardware from Fry's. Their 'inspection' of returned items is a joke. If you don't believe me, go and watch the return item section. You'll see them place stickers on the items and put them in carts for re-stocking. And there are tons of people returning stuff every day. I suppose buying software is ok, because they won't take that back if it is opened. Other than that, you'd be an optimistic idiot to buy anything from this rip off outfit.  

Bubba  
    San Jose, California  

Originally Posted On: http://ripoffreport.com/reports/0/027/RipOff0027209.htm
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Electronics Gets a Scolding From Weights and Measures ( News Article Forward )
    Randy Fry leads the Consumer Electronics Association
    Amazon sells stolen merchandise
    I encourage all current and past employees and customer to sue Fry's Electronics
    Merchandiser pay in Frys
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2008 edited
    Its a returned unit. Get over it! If your not satisfied return it in 30 days. You are a moron.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2008
    worm:Its a returned unit. Get over it! If your not satisfied return it in 30 days. You are a moron.
    Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008
    I hate people think every Fry's is a certain way just because of one place. Obviously that returns associate is a retard. Don't judge every store this way.I shit trains, Now what?
  3.  permalink
    Its totally the returns associate who is responsible to inspect the item...if they are careless its the next customers problem
  4.  permalink
    Bump.
  5.  permalink
    Glad this thread was bumped. Contrary to what some of the orignal replys suggest...it is a habit practiced not by "just one store", or the attitude of just one associate.

We have 4 or is it 5 ? Frys stores in the DFW Texas area, and I have had shopped at 3 reularly for years. Frys has a habit of returning merchandise (working and not) back to the shelf after a thorough instection (a glance and a toss into waiting shopping cart). I have opened boxes to find the WRONG model merch inside the box, obviosly used, and gone through the same hell trying to explain that NO it is not the item that is supposed be in the box, and that is why I am returning it. I get pissed thinking it is just the Arlington store...until it happens again at the Dallas store. A nice associate at the Plano store once told me "here, let me find you one that hasn't been opened". I said "theres no opened tag on this one", to which he replied "that one HAD been returned to shelf". He also said that many boxes don't get the returned sticker and he found the practice to be pretty shitty. One of the honest guys.

SURELY Fry's can return merch to the manufacturer without having to trick a customer into repurchasing it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010
    I'm sure that's an option for some manufacturers, but not all. It would probably cost Fry's more, and maintaining item status would be a pain. At least Fry's clearly marks OB stuff instead of just throwing it back on the shelf like other retailers.
  6.  permalink
    Most of the time the returned sticker goes on the outside of the box, but I've frequently seen a the Returns Associate (or whatever they're called in Fryspeak) place a return sticker on the inside of the box. I try to select a box that hasn't been opened and I never knowingly purchase one that has been returned.
  7.  permalink
    when the return sticker is inside the box, it's blank (no reduced price) and it is indicative that the store received the item sealed from the customer but had to open it and verify that all the contents were there. those boxes are treated as new and are not discounted.
  8.  permalink
    HUH???? If the box is SEALED, why would Frys have to open it to check for parts? Makes absolutely no sense, and sounds like B.S. to me.

I remember a buddy buying a "sealed" and "banded" 1TB hard drive from Sams. Got home, cut the bands, opened the box, and inside was a 1 GB hard drive (10 yrs old). The original customer evidently sealed the anti-static bag with a seal-a-meal. I was there when he opened it, and it has been a running joke ever since. And yes, it took hours on the phone to convince the store to take it back.

If a store gives even half a shit about their customers, they would not return ANY opened merch to the shelves....
  9.  permalink
    Guest: HUH???? If the box is SEALED, why would Frys have to open it to check for parts? Makes absolutely no sense, and sounds like B.S. to me.  

I remember a buddy buying a "sealed" and "banded" 1TB hard drive from Sams. Got home, cut the bands, opened the box, and inside was a 1 GB hard drive (10 yrs old). The original customer evidently sealed the anti-static bag with a seal-a-meal. I was there when he opened it, and it has been a running joke ever since. And yes, it took hours on the phone to convince the store to take it back.  

If a store gives even half a shit about their customers, they would not return ANY opened merch to the shelves....

Do you not realize you just answered your own question right here?  

We inspect even factory sealed items because whenever an item leaves the store, anyone could re-band and re-shrink wrap the product after taking out whats inside. EXACTLY the situation in your friends case. Someone bought that hard drive, put a 1GB drive in it, re-sealed it to make it look unopened, returned it and since Costco thought it was not opened, they put it back on the shelf. Do you now see why we open things up and inspect whats inside? People are scum and this is one way we prevent scums from taking advantage of us.  

It is not unheard of for some of the seasoned scam artists to get a hold of the manufactures "factory sealed" tape or sticker and re-seal items.
  10.  permalink
    I've returned unopened items and watched as the associate cut the bands and opened the box. The subsequent "inspection" was a joke as often the associate had no idea what was supposed to be in the box. Cables? Adapters? Filters? The list goes on. In fairness to Fry's the associate has no way of knowing what should be there...so they go through the motions. If I return a refrigerator I'm sure they'd realize if the door was missing. Beyond that, well, YMMV. Be careful out there.
  11.  permalink
    Admittedly, there are always a weak or two associate in the Returns area. Even with these weak associates, they are not often fooled into taking everything back. Most products do have a list of "contents" on the side or inside of the manual, and the associates in the store I work at are very thorough in their inspection process.

The MAIN PROBLEM, I believe, is on the sales floor. Even though I have seen merchandise being thoroughly inspected and repackaged very well, some of it comes back bad. The reason is, because most customers & sales associate see that the merchandise has already been open, they feel like it is okay to open up the product on the sales floor. It's logical. The result of this is catastrophic though... During the period that the merchandise is on the floor Sales Associates and customers often leave some of the accessories outside of the box, complete other products customers are buying, or even take some parts of it.

We can see that the merchandise has been opened and returned before, so it's easy to deduce that it's at the fault of returns... which is what I use to do... a fair perspective. But after some observations, I have determined that a lot of these errors occur after the process has been completed.
  12.  permalink
    Part of it is on the sales floor as you describe. I'm still very careful when purchasing hardware. I've been looking at video cards and have found a few in San Diego that were obviously opened and returned without any sticker on the outside of the box. The "crush" setting on the banding machine is a frequent giveaway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010 edited
    One of my "unopened", "unstickered" video card boxes contained a quite visably used card, a rolled up old copy of a gamers magazine, and no disc.....bout 5 yrs ago at the Arlington store. They don't miss a beat with that "thorough inspection" before returning to the shelf. Needless to say all vid cards have been purchased from NewEgg since.
  13.  permalink
    The upside is that Fry's return policy is one of the best. The chance of being burned on a hardware purchase is pretty small...and if you are...you can always return it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010
    Best Buy just changed their return policy, and for the most part eliminated restocking fees. Add into the fact that Best Buy stores are a lot cleaner, and you dont have to be groped by TSA wannabee's.  

FWIW, I had purchased a Linksys E2000 router back in April. When we got an Apple TV, the E2000 didn't handle the streaming video well, so we wound up switching to an Airport Extreme. Best Buy gave a full refund via a gift card.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010
    ObiWan: Best Buy just changed their return policy, and for the most part eliminated restocking fees. Add into the fact that Best Buy stores are a lot cleaner, and you dont have to be groped by TSA wannabee's.  

FWIW, I had purchased a Linksys E2000 router back in April. When we got an Apple TV, the E2000 didn't handle the streaming video well, so we wound up switching to an Airport Extreme. Best Buy gave a full refund via a gift card.

Getting off subject a bit, but whats with Frys store upkeep? When the Frys in Arlington opened, it was clean and well laid out....today it is plain ol DIRTY, cluttered, and has broken Grimey display models littering the shelves. I see the Dallas store is slowly heading that way also. Plano is still clean and neat, but it is not as old as the others. Does Frys management/corp seriously not give a sh*t about store appearance?  
    Although I never shop there because of price/selection reasons, I have never seen a dirty Best Buy.
  14.  permalink
    Some Best Buys cleaner. All Fry's cheaper. Cheap good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Guest: All Fry's cheaper. Cheap good.

Much of what Fry's hocks isn't "cheaper". It's often the same as what you can find elsewhere. I can't think of a valid reason to shop at Fry's.
  15.  permalink
    If you stick to the BLTs in the San Marcos store you can't go wrong. Other stuff? Be careful out there.
  16.  permalink
    What the hell are you talking about, Fry's is certainly cheaper than Best Buy on most products. Not to mention the selection at Fry's is far superior to Best Buy. BB is a huge rip off like Circuit City was. At my last job we used to look around BB's website and laugh at how much of a ripoff their computer parts are. We found some cheap crappy DDR2 memory that was more than double what Newegg was trying. I find no reason to go to BB. At least Fry's is cheaper and has more stuff. Who cares what the store looks like? It is messy because we have a bunch of dumb ass mouth breathers coming in and ruining our shit constantly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    RandomFryGuy: It is messy because we have a bunch of dumb ass mouth breathers coming in and ruining our shit constantly.

And Frys employees breathe from where? Don't answer that I think we already know. As far as who cares if it's dirty....glad I've never been to your house. I, and most shoppers avoid dirty stores...the appearance says more about the store than just how many times they clean the floors. I don't live in a ghetto, and I don't shop in stores that look like they are in the middle of one. :face-sad:
  17.  permalink
    Then enjoy getting ripped off at Best Buy, idiot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010 edited
    Having "more stuff" doesn't make Fry's (or any store) better. As to Fry's being cheaper, if you're talking about their no-name/never heard of brand stuff, cheap doesn't always mean good. Overall, if you compare prices of like models of computers, AV equipment, etc. between Fry's and Best Buy, the prices are almost always identical. And...if Fry's price is lower, Best Buy will price match.  

As to comparing Best Buy's prices to Newegg, you'd better include Fry's in that comparison because Newegg will beat their prices also.  

Double-dittos on what Skullywag said about how clean Fry's stores aren't. Yes, it does matter.  

Oh, one more thing - I was recently in the market for a new DSLR camera (Nikon D7000 - early Christmas present from my wife). The local camera store didn't have any in stock. The same held true for one of the largest camera stores in Houston. Best Buy was the only one that had it in stock. Fry's doesn't even carry this camera body. So much for Fry's great selection.  

Fry's = an epic fail.
  18.  permalink
    Obiwan never stops amazing me with his shitalking of fry's I still wonder if I could find a post on there that does not have Obiwan trash talking Fry's. What did they do to you? my god I have worked there for over 2 years, yes sometimes its frustrating and some times its fun and relaxed. They are not that bad of a company I have worked for alot worse.
  19.  permalink
    Well i've found a few things cheaper at fry's vs best buy. Went to buy my dad season 6 & 7 of ST TNG and it was about 30 bucks per season cheaper at frys vs bestbuy.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2010
    Guest: Obiwan never stops amazing me with his shitalking of fry's I still wonder if I could find a post on there that does not have Obiwan trash talking Fry's. What did they do to you? my god I have worked there for over 2 years, yes sometimes its frustrating and some times its fun and relaxed. They are not that bad of a company I have worked for alot worse.

I think ObiWan speaks from more of a consumer angle than an employee's. And yes Frys IS a miserable store. Before I discovered cheaper, more reliable sources on the net, I HAD to shop there quite frequently, and still go occasionally when I need a part "TODAY". No other store sells everything they do....and no other store screws over or treats their customers the way they do either. I have hours of horror stories about Frys, and so do all my friends that are into PCs.  

I'm glad that you have much love for such a wonderfull place to work. As a customer.... I say they suck. And everybody has a right to their opinion. I see it nowhere on this site where you have to work at Frys or blow rainbow farts with Randy's name on them to post here.  

Don't like negative remarks about Frys? Don't respond. It's that simple. Really it is. :face-smile:
  20.  permalink
    Nah, I'll respond if I feel like it, thanks.  

Fry's is certainly cheaper than Best Buy. Not everything, but a good amount of stuff I look at is cheaper than Fry's. I also don't see how you can say that having more stuff isn't good. Why wouldn't I want the option to buy "generic" equipment? If I need a cable or adapter I am not going to go to Best Buy and spend $40 for an HDMI cable when I can get it at Fry's for $10 for a generic brand. Of course Fry's has the $40+ cables too, but I like the option. At Best Buy you are pretty much only given the option of getting it up the ass in prices.  

I have been shopping at Fry's for at least 10 years and I have no "horror stories". Maybe I am just smart? I typically stay away from anything with an open box sticker and I am actually smart enough to know what I want. I don't go to Best Buy and expect the sales person to know jack. Why? Because they get paid minimum wage or slightly better. If the person actually knew about computers they wouldn't be working at Best Buy for $18k a year. I think I am also just a patient, understanding person. I have worked various retail and customer service jobs.  

When I ask someone for help and they are unsure, I don't storm off on Yelp and whine about how incomptetant the help at that store is. I have been to BB plenty of times for various things and the staff honestly isn't any more helpful than Fry's. Of course the difference is that BB workers don't have that look of dying on the inside that Fry's employees have. I think the management is a lot easier at BB. Fry's they are kind of jerks all the time, it is constant pressure. I can handle pressure though and that is why I work at Fry's. I have the opportunity to make a lot more money at Fry's than BB with a sales position. I am currently making a lot less money with Fry's than my previous job which I got laid off. When I start sales though I do believe I will make some decent cash for a year or two and then move on when the economy gets better and my Bachelors is finished.
  21.  permalink
    Here, case in point. I am trying to find the CHEAPEST HDMI cable that I can pick up in store. They have a lot of online only crap at BB but the cheapest one I can go to BB and pick up is a 6' Dynex HDMI cable for $29.99:  

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26%23153%3B+-+6'+HDMI+A/V+Cable/8427106.p?id=1181832627516&skuId=8427106&st=hdmi&cp=2&lp=1  

At Fry's I can find a generic "Shaxon" HDMI cable, same length, for $4.99. Can't believe you honestly thing BB is better. http://www.frys.com/product/6393841?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG  

Now to be honest I PERSONALLY would go somewhere like monoprice.com and purchase cables. But if I wanted it now, and only one cable, I am not going to order a HDMI cable from the internet. $5 is about as cheap as it gets. It isn't like Dynex is a name brand either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2010 edited
    Why are you hooked on "Best Buy isn't cheaper"? I don't think ANYONE in this thread here said they were. It has been pointed out that they are a cleaner store, and that their return policy has gotten better, and they match prices like Frys....but I don't see anything about them being cheaper.  
    I personally don't shop Best Buy, and Frys only when I absolutely have to. I'll take NewEgg (or even Amazon) over Frys or Best Buy ANY DAY for overall customer satisfaction.  
    Yer banging your head against a wall that doesn't exist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2010
    Comparing HDMI cables isn't a good choice, given that the quality of the cable will have a dramatic effect on the actual picture on the HDTV. If your HDTV handles signals at 120hz, and the cable only handles 60hz, your picture quality will suck.  

Cheap doesn't always mean good or quality. I'm not saying you need to purchase Monster brand (and I personally think they're overpriced) but a cheap cable is a cheap cable.
  22.  permalink
    Guest: Some Best Buys cleaner. All Fry's cheaper. Cheap good.

ObiWan  
    Much of what Fry's hocks isn't "cheaper". It's often the same as what you can find elsewhere. I can't think of a valid reason to shop at Fry's.

ObiWan: Comparing HDMI cables isn't a good choice, given that the quality of the cable will have a dramatic effect on the actual picture on the HDTV. If your HDTV handles signals at 120hz, and the cable only handles 60hz, your picture quality will suck.  

Cheap doesn't always mean good or quality. I'm not saying you need to purchase Monster brand (and I personally think they're overpriced) but a cheap cable is a cheap cable.

http://www.audioholics.com/education/cables/120-hertz-hdmi-cables  

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/tests/4235717  

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=977601
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2010
    Riddle me this, RandomFryGuy - why is it that, when I used a "cheap" HDMI cable rated at 60hz, the picture looked like crap. But...when I switched it to a RocketFlash cable rated at 120hz, the picture is fine?
  23.  permalink
    ObiWan: Riddle me this, RandomFryGuy - why is it that, when I used a "cheap" HDMI cable rated at 60hz, the picture looked like crap. But...when I switched it to a RocketFlash cable rated at 120hz, the picture is fine?

Placebo. Popular Mechanics got it right. It's digital. The signal either works or it doesn't. It's the same placebo that exists when people feel like best buys only exist at Fry's. Best to be overcome.
  24.  permalink
    FRY'S PUTS RETURN STICKERS ON THEIR MERCANDISE FOR A REASON DUH. DON'T BUY IT IF ITS BEEN USED ALREADY DUMBASS, THEIR NOT TRYING TO HIDE ANYTHING.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2011
    Wow...typed in all cap's with grammatical and spelling errors. I'll bet you work for Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    Guest: FRY'S PUTS RETURN STICKERS ON THEIR MERCANDISE FOR A REASON DUH. DON'T BUY IT IF ITS BEEN USED ALREADY DUMBASS, THEIR NOT TRYING TO HIDE ANYTHING.

They put some of those stickers INSIDE the box. They're not trying to hide what, "dumbass" ???
  25.  permalink
    Obi is a hater. Nobody comes to a forum like this and posts so much negativity unless they have an axe to grind. I would not be shocked if Obi was previously terminated from employment at Frys.

No serious computer home builder is going to buy anything from Best Buy. 90% of the computer stuff at Best Buy is mass market crap aimed at Grandma's or uneducated buyers. You aren't buying EOM hardware at BB. On the other hand, it is possible to walk into a Frys and purchase everything you need to make a first class gaming machine. Not that I would do that, because you have to know your pricing. For example, except during extreme sales, video cards at Frys are typically overpriced. But you can pick up hard drives, memory and sometimes motherboards/CPUs at prices that are competitive with online resellers. While it is true that you can usually find better prices on everything at Newegg, I live in California and am paying sales tax plus shipping, so often the few extra dollars to get the product immediately is worth it. Frys used to carry Corsair power supplies at good prices, but for some reason they have stopped carrying them. Frys used to be good for buying games on release day as they would always have new releases on sale for $5 to $10 off, but no longer.

But like anybody whose been shopping at Frys for 10 years, I've seen and experienced a lot of dumb things. I purchased a Sony Dash that was in not labeled as used, and not only was it used by the prior owner registered the device with a password making it unusable for anyone buy the original owner. Several months go, I bought and returned 5 wireless routers in one day while looking for one that would work best for me. I returned three of them to the same person and she did not bat an eye. It was like "You're back again?" And I'd be "Yeah, this one didn't work for me either." On the negative side as well, I've seen opened boxes of Starcraft 2 that I know had the codes photographed and stolen, and when I brought the box to the software desk to let them know what had possibly happened, they just shrink wrapped the box and put it back on the shelf. No doubt whoever bought that box had a bad day when they went to register the code. I am sure, extra careful when buying software there to make sure the box is factory sealed.

The other thing I have learned is to never shop at Frys on days I've gone to work in a white shirt and tie. You would not believe the number of people who come up to me asking for help because I am wearing a white shirt and tie. I have actually had arguments with other customers who did not believe me when I told them I didn't work there. If you are a manager in the San Diego store, and a customer complained to you about an "employee" who told them they were fucking retarded and too stupid to own a computer, there's a good chance it was me. But on the other hand, from time to time when I hear a salesperson tell a customer something that is blatantly wrong, I'll step in and help. Like everything else, there's good and bad. I've had salesperson actually call me at home to let me know that they located something I wanted, and I've had salesman totally try to bullshit me unaware that I was far more knowledgeable about the product that he. Same can be said about any retail store. That's not Frys, that's life.
  26.  permalink
    Obi certainly is a loser. If you don't like Fry's, don't shop there or have anything to do with them, including crying about it on a forum. You sound like a guy who got dumped by his girl and cant let her go. Let Fry's go Obi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Never worked for Fry's directly, although I was part of the risk/insurance management team that handled them. FWIW, we fired them as a client. As to shopping there, only as a last resort would I go there.  

As to being able to go into Fry's and find all the parts to build a "first class gaming machine" - given Fry's material handling, there's a better than even chance that some of those components will be damaged or defective. Been there done that seen it.  

As to being a "hater", if essentially speaking the truth is hating, thats fine.
  27.  permalink
    LOL, look at how fast Obi responded to this post. Crazy for somebody who dislikes Fry's so much to be lurking so often.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 5045
    obi is a troll indeed.

i hate frys for some great reasons, but one of them is not buying components that do not work. i have had the same luck buying anywhere else.

keep trollin on obiwan :]
  28.  permalink
    Bout the only thing Fry's is cheaper then Best Buy in is cables. Fuck paying $20 for a usb or ethernet cable with the geek squad brand on it. Give me my $4.99 no name usb or ethernet cable please. That or buy the cables from monoprice.com and save some cash.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011
    Guest: Bout the only thing Fry's is cheaper then Best Buy in is cables. Fuck paying $20 for a usb or ethernet cable with the geek squad brand on it. Give me my $4.99 no name usb or ethernet cable please. That or buy the cables from monoprice.com and save some cash.

Geek Squad is a legitimate company. They don't want the image of cheap since they are a major managed service provider.
  29.  permalink
    asdf:
    Guest: Bout the only thing Fry's is cheaper then Best Buy in is cables. Fuck paying $20 for a usb or ethernet cable with the geek squad brand on it. Give me my $4.99 no name usb or ethernet cable please. That or buy the cables from monoprice.com and save some cash.

Geek Squad is a legitimate company. They don't want the image of cheap since they are a major managed service provider.

You work for Best Buy or what, bro? That is the biggest line of shit I have heard here.
  30.  permalink
    Best Buy and Fry's have pretty much the same prices on everything?
  31.  permalink
    Ive worked at frys before and the sales isn't much better than the minimum pay they give you. My first position there was in the cage where they hold all the computer components in the middle of the registers, then moved to phone sales, and finally electronics sales. I definately didn't make alot, even though we worked on minimum wage + commission. The commission wasn't that good either. Average commission for products were around $2.45. The more expensive the price of the product the higher the commission. Commission in the A/V Dept was the highest, then household dept. If you sold things on sale, you weren't gonna make any commission. Black fridays were the worst, everyone wanted everything on sale. Yes they do have shrinkwrap but its not really a shrinkwrap machine, just an overcharged hairdryer and plastic. Just like when you throw plastic in a fire it shrivels up and shrinks, same concept. The bad thing about sales though is when a customer returns a product that you quoted them for, you lose that commission.
  32.  permalink
    I almost doubled my weekly paycheck going to sales, what are you talking about? You can make $300-500 in commission per week. Even doing real bad is $150-250, plus $8/hr. Some people can make even more than $500 a week in commission in components. A/V guys ( no hourly ) can do $800-1000 a week.