Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I purchased Norton 360 on 12/13 FOR 59.99+TAX. I was also keeping an eye on the prices from other retails. OfficeMax was selling the same product for 39.99 ( within 30 days). I went to customer service of Fry's for priceMatch and they did adjusted the price to 39.99. BestBuy started selling the same product for 29.99 (within 30 days). I went to customer service today (12/28) and they refused to do the price match.  
    (you can check the bestBuy 12/23 weekly ad and it shows the NORTON 360 price as 29.99).  

Here is my other experience with the Fry's local store customer relationship.  
    I also received very BAD treatment several times in the store. The day before thanksGiving, I called local Fry's to ask about their PriceMach Policy. The question that was asked was' if i buy something today and if that iteam goes on sale on blackfriday, will you priceMatch?'. The answer was'Absolutely, we match within 30daya, just come back to customer service with the receipt and they will be able to help you'. That's a good response.  

I called again after finalizing what to buy and this time it was a different representative who answered the phone and i posed same question. The answer is same' absolutely, we will match within 30days, please bring the receipt'. Went ahead and purchased several items in the evening ( almost took 3 to 4 hours). The cahier also surprised and asked' looks like lot of purchases, are you making the christmas gifts now?', well, my answer was' I'm trying to avoid the friday lines, trafiic'. Paid all the items and went back on friday (blackfriday ), the day after thanksgiving and explained the situation. The CSR informed that it is just better to return everything and then he will put back in the cart and can be re-purchased.  

Later on the Manager came back and refused to do it. I explanined the situation one more time saying that your fellow CSR agreed to do it multiple times ( initially CSR said, he will adjust it and later decided to return and re-ring) and also several times the store CSRs confirmed over the phone about the priceMatch. He also refused to adjust the price or re-buy with the prices for that day. He refused to give his visiting card or give anything in writing why he will not do the price-adjustment.  

In the end, it was not a pleasant conversation. We took all the items back and not in a mood to shop in that store. travelled to another fry's and tried to find the items again and got few only, as the store was closing and also had no more energy to look for all the items again. This bad treatment( and also failure to deliver what was committed to customers ) gave me the option to avoid shopping at Fry's.  

Several times when i went for shopping or for customer service, i treid to avoid the Manager there, the reason was - i noticed that when he was there in the duty, I was not treated as another fellow customer, especially delays in getting the reps and also rejecting my price-matches or delaying the other services ( one time i went for a price-match and they refused to do it saying that the item is not in-stock. Initally the rep was able to do it and later someone pulled him into the room and had some chat and after that the rep came back and said, sorry sir we cannot do it.  

I went to another store and they helped with the adjustemnt). It happened multiple times, so i am sure that this is because of the floor Manager here. Today also the manager did not explain why he cannot pricematch, except one word' once'. He also was saying something when he saw the CSR was helping me.  

price Match with BestBuy and pay the stated 110% difference and respect the customers and show no discrimination.  

Mrl2008  
    alpharetta, Georgia  

Originally Posted On: http://ripoffreport.com/reports/0/295/RipOff0295352.htm
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Electronics DISCRIMINATION, MIS-GUIDANCE, failing 30 Day LOW PRICE guarantee, dis-respect
    Fry's Electronics low price guarantee policy
    Does Frys NOT like to hire white people (reverse discrimination)?
    Is there discrimination at Fry's?
    iPad 2 via Fry’s Electronics Mystery Price
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2008
    Stop trying to cheat the system. I know you had the ad the days before the Thanksgiving sale. Moron! You calling about this ahead of time makes you look suspicious.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbiggysmalls
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2008 edited
    yeah it does sound like he had the ad in advance because he is talking about buying multiple ad items.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorel deablo
    theres probably a reason no one wants to help you, id have to say you're probably one of the customers that always come in and make all the employees run around for you and in the end you buy nothing at all. someone that is stuck in a dead end meaningless job that is degrating and the only time you feel important at all is when you go to frys to do that to the employees, beacause i mean lets be honest best buy and all the other places dont treat customers the same way becuase there pay isnt based of how many customers they help or how big the sale is
  3.  permalink
    some times the best buy price has a rebate on it. i cant remember what its called but they have some wierd name for it that some customers are either to stupid to realize it or just come to frys to try to avoid that and get pissed of when we refuse to take of the difference for there rebatei love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    and besides we dont price match on black friday  

its a one day sale  

quit being a lazy ass, wait in line like everyone else on black fridayLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    That was really hard to read. You need to stop being so anal and find another store to scam into 'price matching' for you. Better yet, look on the internet, everything is cheaper on the internet. If its really that big a deal to you.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Price matching is the biggest load of crap ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008
    Sasquatch:Price matching is the biggest load of crap ever.

Ugh I hate price matches during the initial sales process.. it's a pain in the rear because 98% of the time I will get nothing for it and waste my time calling around to other places and then get reamed by the manager because they didn't buy anything else with it because all they want to buy is something cheap and that's it. No printer, wireless nor psc.. just a cheap laptop. and why didn't they buy it elsewhere? because they were out of stock.. :) which we don't match anyways.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
  4.  permalink
    they actually do price matches on black friday, just not if it looks suspicious, like maybe you bought it the day before, and if you bought a bunch of stuff at the same timei love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Last Black Friday our store didn't. Even had a sign in returns saying we weren't price matching.I shit trains, Now what?
  5.  permalink
    really?  
    guess they changed the rules up on it. but there should be certain exceptions on a person to person basis, like if i bought the said item 2-3 weeks ago and all of a sudden i realize its on sale on black friday.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Maybe then, but our manager pretty much said no price matching on black Friday ad items, if I 100% remember right.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    No way. That'd be too easy. Gotta make 'em wait outside all night.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    We did, was printed on paper in a sign format inside next to our terminals.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorYa_Digg07
    Its customers like you I hate. Always giving assoicate a hard time just to squeeze a penny more. Assholes like you don't deserve to be treated like a customer.
  6.  permalink
    it wouldn't be as bad if they didn't make it more difficult for us when were trying to help them out. the customers that dont give me hard with this i try to go the extra mile for themi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    Ya_Digg07:Its customers like you I hate. Always giving assoicate a hard time just to squeeze a penny more. Assholes like you don't deserve to be treated like a customer.

Which is why I sometimes think it is ok to fire some customers..  

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_44/b4056431.htm  
    :face-devil-grin:I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    She should have encouraged her to invest in securities backed by sub-prime mortgages.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbiggysmalls
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008 edited
    m_tux:
    Ya_Digg07:Its customers like you I hate. Always giving assoicate a hard time just to squeeze a penny more. Assholes like you don't deserve to be treated like a customer.

:face-devil-grin:

The first step is to do the math. Calculate the annual revenue from each customer and the cost of serving them, adding such factors as the costs of materials and the cost of returned or rejected products. "Not a lot of companies do that," says H. David Hennessey, a professor of marketing at Babson College. "And that's a mistake." The amount of time you and your staff put into a customer relationship or making a product counts, too.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    biggysmalls:
    m_tux:

The first step is to do the math. Calculate the annual revenue from each customer and the cost of serving them, adding such factors as the costs of materials and the cost of returned or rejected products. "Not a lot of companies do that," says H. David Hennessey, a professor of marketing at Babson College. "And that's a mistake." The amount of time you and your staff put into a customer relationship or making a product counts, too.

That's what they call recurring commission. Getting paid for the life of the customer.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    worm:
    biggysmalls:
    m_tux:

The first step is to do the math. Calculate the annual revenue from each customer and the cost of serving them, adding such factors as the costs of materials and the cost of returned or rejected products. "Not a lot of companies do that," says H. David Hennessey, a professor of marketing at Babson College. "And that's a mistake." The amount of time you and your staff put into a customer relationship or making a product counts, too.

That's what they call recurring commission. Getting paid for the life of the customer.

Yeah and I bet Fry's never makes any money on those people coming in to "resale" ad items all the time. You see them everytime a new ad breaks and they are always only buying ad items and always ask if they can buy more than 1.. and end up coming back a couple of times for more. Once you recognize them, you learn to avoid them.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Just because an item is on sale does not mean Fry's does not make money on it. Normal retail markup is 100%. For somewhere like Fry's, that can buy in extreme bulk, it may be higher to get to MSRP, because their discount on wholesale might be far higher. Most of the time, their items arent even 50% off, just 30-40. In which case, whichever way you cut it, they're makin money.  
    As for free after rebate items: Only 30% of people ever turn in a rebate at all, so they make profit from 70% of that item they sold.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Most stuff on sale in components averages around 0%.
  7.  permalink
    iv noticed that too.  
    components suffers alot from ad items but components sales people in san diego hustles hard so they always do goodi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    AyaHu:Just because an item is on sale does not mean Fry's does not make money on it. Normal retail markup is 100%. For somewhere like Fry's, that can buy in extreme bulk, it may be higher to get to MSRP, because their discount on wholesale might be far higher. Most of the time, their items arent even 50% off, just 30-40. In which case, whichever way you cut it, they're makin money.  
    As for free after rebate items: Only 30% of people ever turn in a rebate at all, so they make profit from 70% of that item they sold.

I wonder how much it costs to make a laptop.... *shrugs*I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
  8.  permalink
    probably not that much cause there all made i 3rd world countriesi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008
    Plus they get subsidized with revenue that comes from letting software companies stuff the hard drive with absolute crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    To make it, not much, then the wholesaler wholesales it, sometimes distributors add another percentage and finally at our beautiful retail store it retails.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    And that, children, is how babies are made.
  9.  permalink
    expensive babies that dong cost all that much to makei love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorwindraver
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    haha, i thought of that idea too.. price matching on black friday hahaha  

i think its fair... the only guys that really make any money is randy and those fools up top... but honestly.. if you last long enough at the first store and demand better service, you'll eventually get it... or at least back at store 9 you would.. at least when i worked there... last time i checked, the customer always wins... period.. if its correct, you win.. they can't expect you to return each thing and rebuy it.. its not whats written on their guarentee... and its ez to guess whats gonna be on sale... go in on wednesday.. and pick up anything that they mass up... and are prepping for... its probably gonna be on the ad  

p.s. frys makes money.. employees think we're losing money but in reality... they're just cutting our commisions... randy still makes money.. at the our cost of our commission.. ever realized that?
  10.  permalink
    Price Matching the Black Friday Ad is LEGAL according to the Store Policy. Just grab a copy of Fry's Low Price Guarantee flyer and show that to who ever is mis guiding you. No where does it say anything about black Friday...according to the direction management gives, we deal with these customers on a case by case basis. I can guarantee you 100% of the time that they will price match you. If they don't threaten litigation and speak with the store manger, and if he doesn't help, write a tell Randy form and complain. The complaint will automatically go back to the store and guess who will assume the position to get rammed, most likely the store manager, whom will price match the item for you. Although the process may take some time, you get your price match! :face-smile: