Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2007
    Will fry's electronics exist 10 years from now? will they go out of business? do you think the online stores will eventually take over with the advances in information technology?  

if fry's goes out of business, there will be less problems in this world. Yes or No?  
    one thing for sure, Fry's Associates will be out of job. :face-crying:the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2007
    Fry's wont go out of business due to competition from online retailers. While there's a segment of the population that buys mostly online, you'll never erase the thrill that people get from walking into a brick and mortar store and laying their hands on something that they want. That same feeling can't be had from an online store, so don't expect most electronic retailers to go anywhere anytime fast.  

And I don't think Fry's will be heading anywhere fast either. They've grown impressively in the last 3-5 years, opening new stores in new areas, and the expansion is just continuing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2007
    will there be a consumer backlash? because of the bad business that fry's is doing.  
    also, what about other competitors to fry's, such as best buy, walmart. we know that circuit city and other e stores are gonna go out of business. it would be creepy if fry's becomes a household name.  

will you buy fry's stock?
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2007
    Frys will alway be around. But maybe with a smaller foot print.  

I have a Love/Hate relationship with Frys. I love the fact that I can walk into one store, and find everything for my pc needs. I love the prices. I hate their shoddy and dishonest practices, and how they treat their bread and butter (customers).  

Although it is still my favorite "candy store" to visit, I find myself buying more and more online. I find better prices on better brands online. I find myself buying at Frys only what I "have to have this day, or this weekend". Everything else......I can wait 3 days.  

You still can't beat a frys holiday ad sale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2007
    i think one big advantage that the online retailers have over brick and motar shops is the availability of products. you can always find what you want online, it's just a matter of waiting to get it. also, you can very much customize what you want online, e.g. laptops. one big disadvantage would be not being able to see and play with the product.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2007
    In addition to the "waiting to get it" angle that you love about online retailers, you also have the hassle of a lengthy return/exchange procedure. Returning items to these online stores may take weeks, even months, and may only be available for an even exchange and carry no money back guarantee. At least shopping at a local retailer will usually get you a money back guarantee for your satisfaction with the product that you purchase.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2007
    I think their will be online and offline retailing. People just want instant gratification when buying or returning, or even servicing. You can't get that online. The only advantage of online purchases is price.Howard Dean for America '08