Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorripoffreport
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008 edited
    Fry's Electronics And National Product Care Company  
    Phone:  
    Fax:  
    600 East Brokaw Road  
    600 East Brokaw Road, California, 95112  
    U.S.A.  

I bought a $2,000 computer from Fry's. I foolishly purchased a five year extended service contract for $500. They tried to fix the DVD drive repeatedly, each time keeping my computer for months and never fixing the drive. I have had it in at least three times and the drive still does not work. The contract says that if they try to fix it three times that if it still does not work they must replace it. They claim that because one of the returns was within a 30 day period it is a 'rework,' not a repair and does not count. There is nothing in the contract that supports their claim.  

Laura  
    Seattle, Washington  
    U.S.A.  

Originally Posted: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/331/RipOff0331543.htm
  1.  permalink
    ripoffreport:Fry's Electronics And National Product Care Company  
    Phone:  
    Fax:  
    600 East Brokaw Road  
    600 East Brokaw Road, California, 95112  
    U.S.A.  

I bought a $2,000 computer from Fry's. I foolishly purchased a five year extended service contract for $500. They tried to fix the DVD drive repeatedly, each time keeping my computer for months and never fixing the drive. I have had it in at least three times and the drive still does not work. The contract says that if they try to fix it three times that if it still does not work they must replace it. They claim that because one of the returns was within a 30 day period it is a 'rework,' not a repair and does not count. There is nothing in the contract that supports their claim.  

Laura  
    Seattle, Washington  
    U.S.A.  

Originally Posted: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/331/RipOff0331543.htm  

Why would you spend $500 on a 5-year warranty on a computer that will be outdated in about 18-24 months tops? STUPID
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    Stop posting this CRAP.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Seconded.I shit trains, Now what?
  2.  permalink
    thirdi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Fry's warrantys are not worth it they do not cover software, virus, accidental damage and they give you such a hard time about getting service and you have to wait in a 3 hour line I wouldn't recommend it. Plus why should you buy a warranty when some of the money goes to the employee and the rest to the store. Warranties are 100% profit for the company thats why they push them so much.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  3.  permalink
    the reason it pays the salesman is becuase thats there motivation to sale it.  
    the reason it doesnt cover virus is becuase viruses are so common. if you dont want a virus get anti virus.  
    accidental damage means people wouldnt take care of the products they buy becuase they knew it would be replaced if they break it. people take advantage of what ever they can. i have a warranty on my computer and iv actually used it 4 times.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorbillkoss
    I got ripped off on a Fry's warranty on a digital camera recently. Never again.
  4.  permalink
    thats your own fault for droping iti love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorel deablo
    iv noticed that most of the people on here complain about the same stuff and they all started popin up around the time luis got fired. which means they are probably all luis with different account names. just like what greg was doing
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    I think its just stupid "ripoffreport" spam!i am a worm.
  5.  permalink
    spam is righti love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    It looks like ripoffreport is tring get some extra free advertising. It make sense. I bet its the same guy that posts on other forums the same ripoff crap.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    el deablo:iv noticed that most of the people on here complain about the same stuff and they all started popin up around the time luis got fired. which means they are probably all luis with different account names. just like what greg was doing

Um I got fired everyone found out more people go on the site it makes perfect sense. Plus I also post on frys.sthomas.net, and rippoffreport.com so we get traffic from both of them. Our traffic has doubled since I got fired. And no its not me pretending to be the all the new members.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    MacIas:
    el deablo:iv noticed that most of the people on here complain about the same stuff and they all started popin up around the time luis got fired. which means they are probably all luis with different account names. just like what greg was doing

Um I got fired everyone found out more people go on the site it makes perfect sense. Plus I also post on frys.sthomas.net, and rippoffreport.com so we get traffic from both of them. Our traffic has doubled since I got fired. And no its not me pretending to be the all the new members.

Well I would say it's people coming over from frys.sthomas.net which if you ever go over there.. it's purely anti-frys.. or if anyone is defending Fry's their claims don't make any sense one bit.. it's either Extremely Anti-Frys there or Extremely Pro.. I tend to like this site more because it's more in the middle. They like to pretend everyone at Fry's is out there and trying to rip you off.. which isn;t the case.. though I have seen some shady people..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    It's annoying either way seeing a thread started by ripoffreport.I shit trains, Now what?
  6.  permalink
    yeah why not just put it on the one thread and just keep posting more instead of posting new ones everydayi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    That would be too easy.
  7.  permalink
    The item is question needs to have same exact failure 3 times and on the fourth time, if the repair involves the same defect, you can demand a replacement product. Trust me I know this, but the key to this is that the time in between defects must be greater than 30 days from the day you pick the item up, not from the day you check the item in. Just think about what I just inputted and you can see what the loophole is if you want to be a replacement. :face-devil-grin:  

So take for example, you brought your item in for repair today, the July 29, 2008, and you pick up your item up in september, then that would be where the 30 days would begin. It will not begin on the day you check the item in.  

Also if you bring the repaired item back in for repairs within 30 days of picking up your item for the same repair, that would be considered a RE-WORK and not a new repair. So technically you would have to wait until exactly 1 month and 1 day from the day you pick the item up to be qualifed as a new repair!