Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    The put in ad pieces to bring in the customers but they only have very limited quantities or they put a ad disclaimer saying there is a huge typo.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Who knows what Bait & Switch Items Fry's will have this Black Friday 2008?
    Frys impulse sales tactics
    What does Bait and Switch actually mean?
    Evil Microsoft Tactics
    Gigabit switch guide
  2.  permalink
    the typo's are by the newspaper companies usually....  
    and there not gonna stock up on thousands and thousands of items on the adi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    biggysmalls:the typo's are by the newspaper companies usually....  
    and there not gonna stock up on thousands and thousands of items on the ad

and if you look at Black Friday ads from other places.. they'll have 1 really good priced laptop but only have like 8 of them per store.. Goto Fry's they have 40-50 of them.. and still sell out in less than an hour.  

as far as the tyypos go.. I think we just have stupid people making our ads..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Umm.. they probably have their own graphics designer to make these.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I have my suspicions that the Houston ads are made by a local elementary school.
  3.  permalink
    Sasquatch:I have my suspicions that the Houston ads are made by a local elementary school.

I think all the ads are put together by autistic kids.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    lol Ive seen worse.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    biggysmalls:the typo's are by the newspaper companies usually....  
    and there not gonna stock up on thousands and thousands of items on the ad

Impossible. Frys sends the newspapers PDF documents.i am a worm.
  4.  permalink
    well then its just human error.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Its Fry's error. You should check out these PDF files. The newspaper companies just print them out. They can't be responsible for what is on them.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrys_slave
    Fry's fuck up the ads they should honor them FUCKEN LAME!
  5.  permalink
    they say on the ad that frys is not responsible for typos or errorsi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    frys_slave:Fry's fuck up the ads they should honor them FUCKEN LAME!

Normally I have seen them honor a few before if they didn't have a disclaimer sign up first.. but luckily I havent seen as many mistakes on laptops anymore..I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
  6.  permalink
    theyll honor it till they get the disclaimer up and theyll put that disclaimer up everywherei love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorwindowsxp
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    I know damn well that Fry's does the "typos" purposely.  

It brings customers into the store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008
    windowsxp:I know damn well that Fry's does the "typos" purposely.  

It brings customers into the store.

They have to know it's a typo. It takes careful thinking and time to put an ad together. The pricing graphic or text is the most important part of every ad, then matching up the picture for it and simple description.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Yeah right. Some nobody, graphic design drop-out is sitting in a cubicle somewhere, laughing to himself as he writes 512GB DDR2 next to the picture of a soon to be shrunk HP Pavillion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    I wish I could have bought that HP with 3000 GB of Ram in it.:face-angel:I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch:Yeah right. Some nobody, graphic design drop-out is sitting in a cubicle somewhere, laughing to himself as he writes 512GB DDR2 next to the picture of a soon to be shrunk HP Pavillion.
    Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorweasle
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008
    29.99 500GB External HD, ftw
  7.  permalink
    thats a great deali love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008
    Not in ten years it isn't.
  8.  permalink
    Could bad economy has made Fry's Electronics employed used car sales tactics? They started to advertise items that Fry's knowingly that they don't have them in their inventory (oops, my bad, they do have one, the demo). In short words, Fry's on sale advertisements on newspapers are just that to make you come in to their stores to buy other stuff. For example is the Fujitsu laptop computer (PLU 6677314), it is listed on Friday's OCReg papers(8/5/11)for $379.99. When I get to the Anaheim store, the sales people said it was all sold out. I asked for a rain check but was told only if they would have them and I should be the one to keep calling. So, gullible me, I called the following day and NO....they don't have them yet. When I asked? They don't know for sure. Today, Sunday, (8/7/2011) the said item is listed again on OC Register paper (sport's back page). So, I went to the Anaheim location to get this Fujitsu laptop at around 0920 Sunday morning and was told "SOLD OUT". I ask how could it be when no customer is around the computer section and the place is almost empty! I decided to talk to the Filipino Store manager and she listened to my sorry arse laptop story. She was kind enough to offer me the "DEMO" they only have available. I could not accept this demo offer even if they lowered the price by $100 more. It is like trying to buy a new car and offered you a used one for the same price. The reason I put this sad review about Fry's is hoping that misleading or false advertising is against the law. Someone in the enforcement agency should look in this practice. Hey, Best Buy, you think you could top or equal Fry's offer? Email me at josed777@yahoo.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2011
    Yes we can beat their offer. Just come in to any of our stores and we will cut their price in half!
  9.  permalink
    ^^ That is seriously a legit deal. Guest 15646, you should take them up on this offer. Go to the store right now and make sure to print out this page as proof. They will honor it because of the above post.
  10.  permalink
    Fry's sells bait?