Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008 edited
    Our sups and managers tell us to lie to the customerst that we dont make commission why can't we tell them the truth. I thought its always best to say the truth.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    Its fine to tell them you make commission but its not a good idea to tell them exactly how much.i am a worm.
  1.  permalink
    if they find out your lying on the way to the registers they will change there mind becuase of the lack of trust.  
    you could just tell them everything pays you almost the same, and if they dont want to buy the psc because of that fact then maybe you just suck as a salesman.  
    iv never had a problem getting the psc even after the customer asked me if i make commision on it.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    You should tell other associates how you rip off customers like how you made $60 off that one sale.i am a worm.
  2.  permalink
    your just mad cause i didn't split.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Do people actually come up to you and ask "Hi, do you make commission?" I can see no other way it would be brought up.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    It happens.
  3.  permalink
    AyaHu:Do people actually come up to you and ask "Hi, do you make commission?" I can see no other way it would be brought up.

yes they do, and in the begining it used to feel uncomfortable but now it doesnt bother me at alli love it when they call me big papa
  4.  permalink
    if the customer likes you they will only come back to you to buy more products because they know you make commissioni love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    After a customer asks and you say yes you do make commission, sometimes based on that they go ahead and buy stuff from you.  
    I'm not a salesman, but I've seen it happen.I shit trains, Now what?
  5.  permalink
    it does happen.  
    whats your position if your not sales? are you accessories?  
    how much do salesman average at your storei love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    I'm in returns actually, I was in Accessory Sales for almost 2 years (by choice).  
    Uh, average. Not sure, I want to say 100ish a day? I'd have to ask.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Depends on the department, depends on the salesman. Some make a hundred bucks a week, some make over a grand a week.
  6.  permalink
    that is true but i mean an average for the ones that actually try to sale not the ones that just slacki love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    I'll make sure to ask a few salesmen how much they make average in commission.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2008 edited
    Fuck average commission what does it say on your tax return?  

On a good streak they tell you one thing and on a bad streak they tell you their average.i am a worm.
  7.  permalink
    Well here's what our supervisors tell us.  

If the customer asks you can tell the customer, otherwise don't. If you tell a customer that you are commissioned, it kinda sounds like you are begging.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2008
    Oh my god! The dead have risen and are working at Fry's!Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  8.  permalink
    Commission has it's good and bad points. First the good. It pretty much shows you how much your associates are working so you always have them in check. It gives a great confidence boost when you get a big sale. And it use to be way better 3 years ago then it is now. Now for the bad. Commission is the same no matter what store you're at, which sucks. If you are in a store with high volume of customer traffic you are going to for sure make bank. But if you are stuck in a suburban town like San Marcos then your commission is gonna suck when you are busting your ass for the weeks commission that someone in LA could be making in one day barely lifting a finger. Commission now especially sucks cause it seems like each quarter for sales sups that their contract is making them less and less money. This time last year they were making good money, but now their paycheck have been reduced about 30%. Also I remember looking at my coach's paycheck 3 years ago and it was like 460. When I was coach not my check was the same as when I was a cashier, about 330 cause when I became a sup then just started getting hourly instead of the commission. But thank god cause I would rather have that then the stupid average thing that they have going on. And the last thing that sucks about commission is it doesn't show your hard work when you are not doing sales or on the register. Like closing or CSA duties. You could be doing bitch work for a sup or manager all you get is thank you or you could have done that better. Nothing shows up on your paycheck for that kind of work. :face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2008
    i dont make commission i dont sell anything i make more money than most and i get to do that on my triple monitor setup from my cube............ I love my job.:face-smile:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  9.  permalink
    Im made about 775 too 950 in commission everyweek in av n I still hate commission Well i hate draw
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2013
    Guest: Im made about 775 too 950 in commission everyweek in av n I still hate commission Well i hate draw

I make that amount every week and don't hate it. Draw is never a concern for me because I actually sell instead of sit around like the losers who get fired for falling behind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorr3j3ct
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2013 edited
    Also I see no point in lying about commissions. If the customer likes you he's gonna help you out and also return to you for future sales (I have countless people who come back to me to make purchases). Customers hate salespeople who lie and slander to make commission. But they like the ones who aren't super pushy and unprofessional to make that dollar. Listen to the customer and get them what they need, not what you WANT to sell them to make an extra buck. Basic sales skills people, good luck surviving without it.
  10.  permalink
    Lucky bastards, commission is so much harder to get when you have almost no foot traffic at your store.