Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    So, I've been wondering this for awhile.  

Every DM at Store 25 works on average 50-60 hours per week. Is this the same at the other stores? Our DDM (Components) tells us that at every other store, Managers rarely ever work over 40-45 hours unless its MOPAR, inventory, or a big sale weekend.  

Any thoughts on this?
  2.  permalink
    I think the Average for DM's is around 45 to 50 Hours. Atleast in Customer Service.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008
    They have been cutting hours in my store.
  3.  permalink
    cutting hours for associates maybe but the dm's are on salary so they can work 80 hours a week and they'll still get paid the same as if they worked 40i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2008
    biggysmalls: cutting hours for associates maybe but the dm's are on salary so they can work 80 hours a week and they'll still get paid the same as if they worked 40

Though mainly, this is true, here in Arizona, even salaried employees are technically (Though not commonly practiced) entitled to overtime.Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    50 hours...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008
    elusivententionz: 50 hours...

What about 50 hours?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Until the woot-off ends. He's a genius.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    elusivententionz: 50 hours...

50 hours a month.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch: Until the woot-off ends. He's a genius.

How do I enter?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Sasquatch: http://www.woot.com/  
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot.com  
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woot.com#Woot-Off  

One of the best online shopping sites, ever.

This woot stuff is pretty much like the Home Shopping Network. They post like 10 products on their blog and they all sell out within an hour. They also pull in about $80k in revenue per hour which is insane!i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    None of that really made sense. Comparing woot to the HSN is like comparing Linux to Windows. It's not a blog, and they post one item a day, unless it's a woot-off. And eighty thousand dollars an hour amounts to 700 million dollars a year. They do well, but not nearly that well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    I love woot.comI shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Punkzilla: I love woot.com

Grab anything from the woot-off?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Sasquatch: None of that really made sense. Comparing woot to the HSN is like comparing Linux to Windows. It's not a blog, and they post one item a day, unless it's a woot-off. And eighty thousand dollars an hour amounts to 700 million dollars a year. They do well, but not nearly that well.

Makes no sense to me then. All I see is their Revenue per hour: $80,000. I assume that's what they are averaging since it says updated every minute.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008
    Sasquatch:
    Punkzilla: I love woot.com

Grab anything from the woot-off?

Not yet, just purchased a few things from there. Refurbished Zune and Refurbished VTech Phone (4 handsets).I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008
    in palo alto fco managar work55 to 60 hour.and i one day i saw receiving manager work 70 hours and there was no mopar or anthithing and other dm work 55 hours
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2008
    tinunidhu: in palo alto fco managar work55 to 60 hour.and i one day i saw receiving manager work 70 hours and there was no mopar or anthithing and other dm work 55 hours

And one day you saw the receiving manager work 70 hours...Superhero!
  5.  permalink
    I am a department manager and I am scheduled for 45.5 hours per week. In actuality, I work around 50-55 a week, sometimes 6 days a week.  

I am also paid on salary and do not get any overtime pay.  

Most DMs are scheduled around 45-50 hours weekly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    How much do you make?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    Sasquatch: How much do you make?

And don't overestimate, we won't judge you, we will judge Fry's.Superhero!
  6.  permalink

I make a base salary of 32k yearly, and also get a bonus if our department hits GP goals.  
    Last year I pulled in 48k before taxes.  
    I am not the highest paid department manager in the store though, typically that goes to A/V and Computers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2008 edited
    greenscreen:

I make a base salary of 32k yearly, and also get a bonus if our department hits GP goals.  
    I am not the highest paid department manager in the store though, typically that goes to A/V and Computers.

thats pretty shitty......not all that great. what type of manager are you DM, SUP1/2 ??????
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2008
    greenscreen:

Those bastards are jipping you sorely, but at least it will look good on your resume so you can work somewhere else same job more money in the future.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreenscreen
    AyaHu:
    greenscreen:

Those bastards are jipping you sorely, but at least it will look good on your resume so you can work somewhere else same job more money in the future.

Yeah, I agree. It's true of most DMs that their Sups will sometimes take home a bigger paycheck than their Managers. I know if my Sup1 or even Sup2 works a few hours of overtime on a busy week that he's getting a bigger paycheck than I am.  

32k yearly / 10 hours a day / 5 days a week / 50 weeks a year = 12.80 an hour before taxes  

Even with the weekly bonus, my take home pay is less than $15 after taxes.  

Best thing I can do it note that I have had leadership experience on my resume. I'm still fairly young so I still have plenty of time to move on when the time comes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    greenscreen:

I like how with that bonus your getting pretty decent pay.
  7.  permalink
    asdf:
    greenscreen:

Yeah, I mean I'm not complaining too much over the pay. I live a pretty frugal lifestyle and have no debt so I don't stress about money very much. Management is not really that hard, any chimp with common sense and a little training can do it, it's just very tedious and not worth it sometimes. Having to deal with the same problems, the same types of customers, the same home office nonsense, just wears you out after a while.  

I wish I could just clock in, do my job, and clock out and go home. Unfortunately that's not the case if you're a DM. You're always on call, you're expected to answer your cell phone when needed, all problems rest on your shoulders, you can't really just leave it at the store when you go home, it comes with you and you're worrying how the department is running without you there. At least that's my obsessive nature of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    greenscreen:
    asdf:
    greenscreen:

Yeah, I mean I'm not complaining too much over the pay. I live a pretty frugal lifestyle and have no debt so I don't stress about money very much. Management is not really that hard, any chimp with common sense and a little training can do it, it's just very tedious and not worth it sometimes. Having to deal with the same problems, the same types of customers, the same home office nonsense, just wears you out after a while.  

I wish I could just clock in, do my job, and clock out and go home. Unfortunately that's not the case if you're a DM. You're always on call, you're expected to answer your cell phone when needed, all problems rest on your shoulders, you can't really just leave it at the store when you go home, it comes with you and you're worrying how the department is running without you there. At least that's my obsessive nature of it.

Ur pwnd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    man:  

Ur pwnd.

nope he just has a very good work ethic  
    :face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    golgo 13:
    man:  

Ur pwnd.

nope he just has a very good work ethic  
    :face-sad:

Whipped.  
    And work ethic or none, if they called and he ignored it, they'd start claiming he was unreliable.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2008
    Frys owns.i am a worm.