Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008
    notparistexas:
    biggysmalls: i would fill it out. cant hurt.  
    they cant actually force you to stay in the store if you were of clock

I think it's called 'unlawful imprisonment'.

And you can call the authorities.Superhero!
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Electronics Class Action Lawsuit
    FRY'S ELECTRONICS, INC. CLASS ACTION
    Two former employees of Fry’s Electronics Receive $2.3 million Settlement ( With Picture )
    Class Action Settlement
    Walmart Vs. Fry's Electronics
    •  
      CommentAuthorGreenwords
    AyaHu:
    notparistexas:

And you can call the authorities.

Somebody did that at Store 25. The cops came and got pissed off at him. Good times.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Greenwords:
    AyaHu:
    notparistexas:

And you can call the authorities.

Somebody did that at Store 25. The cops came and got pissed off at him. Good times.

It's usually wiser to call the non-emergency police and explain the situation. They wont be mad, because they'll know the situation.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    I was there that night when the guy called. I was next to him when he did it actually.I shit trains, Now what?
  2.  permalink
    Punkzilla: I was there that night when the guy called. I was next to him when he did it actually.

what happened exactly punkzilla?  
    did he get fined? did the store get in trouble for anything? just curiousi love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2008 edited
    This is from my point of view remember that.  
    What I recall is that we were about to get let out (closing) we were clocked out pretty much, the door open, then the A/V DM says everyone needs to go help do something (I think for his department), then he pretty much re-closes the doors on us. That's when that associate says we don't have to work once clocked out (kind if to himself and anyone around him, I was near him). I think he kind of says more out loud that "I'll call the cops for holding us here against our will." Something like that. I think i might of said, "Do it!" Not fully sure, I believe I did. After he did and I think the A/V DM heard he did, we shortly were let out.  

The associate was around for a few months after wards, not sure if he got fired or quit. He kind of wondered if he was going to get fired for it.  
    That's about all I can recall. This did happen probably nearly 2 years ago? Back when we had to do the "Perfect Close".I shit trains, Now what?
  3.  permalink
    if they clocked out after the dm told them to then it woulda been a different storyi love it when they call me big papa
  4.  permalink
    funny shit thoughi love it when they call me big papa
  5.  permalink
    It asks to put in your social security! Im scared about that!  

Ehh I guess ill send it in. I hope fry's doesn't retaliate for this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    As I mentioned somewhere here, I'm not doing it.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    greatqualityCDRW: It asks to put in your social security! Im scared about that!  

Ehh I guess ill send it in. I hope fry's doesn't retaliate for this!

If it's a real court document, you would be free-and-clear.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcydal
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008
    how can i get the application to see if I qualify for my unpaid hors?? The link does not work??
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008 edited
    Just Checked the links they do work:  

If you don't have a rapidshare account make sure you click on FREE USER.  

Click Below To Read the PDF File Lopez v Fry's Electronics, Inc. Class Action Settlement  
    Please note the file is a 8 Page PDF File which you will download via RapidShare  
    Click Here  

Click Below To Read & Print the PDF File for Proof of Claim Form To Be Part of the Class Action Settlement:  
    Lopez v Fry's Electronics, Inc.  
    PDF File will download via RapidShare  
    Click Here Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008
    anyone get reminded of the movie "The Jerk" here? :) remember his class action suit against him? lol he had to write checks for $1.23 which is basically what a lot of people get out of them.. I think the last one i heard. something to do with music cds.. everyone only got $20.. yay!I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthormammatiffy
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2008
    I think that some of the things fry's does is wrong but noone can sit here and say that they did not take an unauthorized break or whatever!!! the problem is is there stupid system where every 1/2 hour is a point or whatever!! they need to get rid of that system because when i was there if i would be with a customer and it went into my lunch i was only able to take the remaining which is wrong!! anyways i do not know the exact situation that this lopez was in but i worked there for 2 years and did not think that things were so bad to sue over!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    mammatiffy: I think that some of the things fry's does is wrong but noone can sit here and say that they did not take an unauthorized break or whatever!!! the problem is is there stupid system where every 1/2 hour is a point or whatever!! they need to get rid of that system because when i was there if i would be with a customer and it went into my lunch i was only able to take the remaining which is wrong!! anyways i do not know the exact situation that this lopez was in but i worked there for 2 years and did not think that things were so bad to sue over!!!

The whole situation didn't make sense to me cause I took illegal breaks all the time. You are stupid to follow the rules. You are also stupid if you get fired for it
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    They're making us follow federal law instead of state law, here in Texas. Lame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    Sasquatch: They're making us follow federal law instead of state law, here in Texas. Lame.

They try to say that since Federal overrides State law that they only have to follow Federal law which is Constitutionally-speaking incorrect. Nothing in the Constitution stipulates work laws and regulations and it is stating in the Constitution that anything that is not expressed within that the States have the reserved power to speak on those matters..  

They need to re-read Amendment 10  

Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People. Ratified 12/15/1791.  

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    That's a good point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    mammatiffy: I think that some of the things fry's does is wrong but noone can sit here and say that they did not take an unauthorized break or whatever!!! the problem is is there stupid system where every 1/2 hour is a point or whatever!! they need to get rid of that system because when i was there if i would be with a customer and it went into my lunch i was only able to take the remaining which is wrong!! anyways i do not know the exact situation that this lopez was in but i worked there for 2 years and did not think that things were so bad to sue over!!!

I dont understand this guys post.
    Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthortigersgrowl
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008 edited
    At my store, the only part about this settlement that is true was "The Wage and Hour Sub-class. We got our meal breaks but my paycheck was always wrong and audit never answered their door. Most of the time it was not enough but a few times I received over-payment. I quit after a memory was returned two months after it was sold and it clearly said in red ink on the back of the receipt that fifteen (15) days return policy. I lost a quarter commission that day but it was the principle of the thing. A quarter today, five bucks tomorrow. I could write a book with all the stories that I could tell but this forum only pertains to the lawsuit so I will keep it at that. Or course, I since moved from California to Virginia and I received my form October 3rd and it needs to be in the mail by Oct 9th. Glad I got it in time. I don't remember signing a document but I heard that each employee signed a waver that says no employees can carry out a lawsuit against Frys. I guess if it were true, someone broke the rule and I am glad I they did. It is a shame it is at this time in history. The way the economy is right now, they may not be able to afford it. Lets just say that $25 Emprex DVD burner will suddenly jump up to $50. Especially since California is broke and begging for money at the doorstep of Washington.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2008
    Dude, they just created like 700 Billion fucking dollars. I would beg too!
    •  
      CommentAuthortigersgrowl
    Well yeah, all I can say is that I thank God that I no longer live in the state of California. It is the country's wasteland right now. I just don't know if I will go for it. I never been part of a settlement before. And what if this is some ploy for some illegal alien (ooops, we are not supposed to say that. Undocumented worker) to get my Social Security Number.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Social security is being propped up by "undocumented workers".
    •  
      CommentAuthortigersgrowl
    Nevertheless, even though I am sure that half a dozen of those propping social security "undocumented workers", I just can not afford to have one more put my name to shame. But, I am going to go for it. Even if it is seventy five bucks, at least it is a tank of gas that will take me to work where I can work to make even more. But, we are leaning away from the main issue so I am willing to lay down my sword on the subject.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoordragon
    I just received my paperwork in the mail yesterday. I worked for the Fry's store located in Woodland Hills back in 2005. What struck me as strange is how the claims administrator tracked me down. I've lived in 3 different places since I left Fry's. Now I'm back here in Atlanta and they found me here! That's what made me think this was some sort of scam to get my social security number. But my girlfriend said I should check the internet and that's how I found this website. So I'm not being scammed but I gotta say, I'm dubious that this lawsuit will result in any kind of big windfall for the participants. But since I'm not alone in this, I just might submit the paperwork after all. I hated working for Fry's and I hated the way they treated the workers who were so obviously terrified of getting fired. We were forced to work overtime, forced to push the sales of certain products, forced to get customers to apply for credit with the constant threat of being fired or made to work late until we landed a credit application. It was insane sitting in on the morning "pep talks" where we were all but ordered to scam the customers into buying the more expensive items. I ended up leaving the company after a car accident on my way to work. The accident happened right in front of the store. I called my supervisor to let them know that I wouldn't be in because I just totaled my car and was on the way to the hospital. When the doctor gave me pain killers and put me on bed rest for a week, Fry's had the gall to ask me to come back to work two days later and if I didn't show up, they'd have to let me go. I didn't show up, of course and was subsequently fired.  

I did manage to file an unemployment claim and collect on it although Fry's tried to fight it. Fortunately I had the doctor's paperwork to back up my story.  

So, anyway, now that I know this settlement thing is for real, I'm gonna submit my papers and see how much money I can get.  

One thing worries me....I'm wary of submitting my social security number. Anyone else conerned about that?  

--Bob
    •  
      CommentAuthortigersgrowl
    I worked for Fry's in 2005 in the Fountain Valley store. That was a treat. I moved from California to Virginia in June of 2008. I am a little surprised myself. I did file for a change of address with the post office but I thought that was discreet. Also, I did call and ask about a stock certificate that I found during the move and wondered if it was still valid and how I can transfer it to my current portfolio. I don't remember if I gave my new address or not. Perhaps I did. Anyways, I may seek further information not related to Fry's or the Claims Administrator. Question is, where can I get that information and still have the form in the mail by Monday the 6th of October. I know it does not have to be in until Thursday the 9th of October but those who wait until the last minute take the biggest risk. Like I said before, I am sure half a dozen people have it already. It's the American way I guess. By the way, I think we are all worried about our SSN but the more people worry about it, the more say they will not participate, the more for those who do participate. One thing is for sure, either the participants will be the winners for gaining a small fortune from a multi million dollar business or the ones who think this is too good to be true as well as Fry's Incorporated will be the winners. Either way, the winner will be reviled within a year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008
    I used to attend a school where your student number was your social. Dumb.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelcrudo
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008
    All this time and this is the first time ive seen this mentioned on the net. nice to see this thing go the distance even tho the money wasnt really big for everyone. Id like to get some feedback from some former or current employers about the class action. Thanks.  

C.Lopez
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008 edited
    how much did people get? btw.. just give a range and not the exact amount.. ;) unless you dont work for frys anymore.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008
    if im not mistaken, i dont think anyone has gotten any type of "settlement" back ????
  6.  permalink
    i havent gotten anything and the website is down.

https://www.nsrcsettlement.com/Default.aspx
  7.  permalink
    I have not gotten anything yet either, i think someone should try to contact the law firm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kathy Kolder or one of the Fry's brothers had something to do with the law firms site being down. Maybe they bribed the Lawyer to drop the suit or something.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  8.  permalink
    New site is up https://www.lopezsettlement.com/ Somone please call them. Im at work.
    You may contact the Settlement Administrator by phone at 1-877-483-2829

Good luck and let us know what's happening with our money!
  9.  permalink
    I just called its just a recording. (:X) Burn!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009
    No matter how small the payout. I still want it. It just lets everyone know how wrong the company is.
  10.  permalink
    I got mine today 256.71
  11.  permalink
    I got mine today too, 2,281.00. I was a department manager for most of the time the suit covers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2009
    I'd love to see the formula they use..
  12.  permalink
    i GOT 600.00
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2009
    how long were you guys working there at fries?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  13.  permalink
    I am the guy that got 2281 I worked there a total of 4 years 2004-2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2009
    not bad.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  14.  permalink
    I got ~$1236. I worked there about 2.5 years although I only had about 60 weeks where I earned commission and worked OT. After about August of '06 it became progressively more difficult to get OT because the draw system started to cost them a lot of money. At least in CA Fry's really started cutting back on OT because when the minimum wage went up so did the cost of OT.  

Based upon the paperwork I understood that how much you got really depended upon how many weeks you worked where you worked overtime and earned commission. After they determined the total claims they determined how much they could afford to pay per week of disputed OT payments and they paid out checks accordingly.  

I was without question pleased to get the extra money especially in this economy where we could all use a couple $1,200, but I am not too surprised by the size of the check. I realized that most people who received the paperwork weren't going to go to the trouble of filling it out especially if they didn't qualify for the OT portion of the settlement.  

Most people have became so cynical of class action settlements that a lot of people don't fill out the paperwork or they miss the deadline. For the guy who only worked for Fry's for a few weeks I could understand not going to the trouble to fill out the paperwork because by my math they were only paying ~$20 per week where you worked OT and earned commission. Therefore, since a lot of people quit Fry's within a month most people would get fairly small checks (<$100).  

One thing I will say is that I am glad that I disputed the number of weeks. The original claim estimated that I could only claim 25 weeks, but I dug up 60 weeks worth of pay stubs and send in copies to the claims administrator. It took me about 2 hours to sort the stubs and scan and copy all those stubs, but since I probably got an extra ~$700 I think it was worth every second!  

In the grand scheme of things I didn't get a huge windfall, but it certainly disproves the cynics who earlier in this thread were talking about getting checks for trivial amounts of money (<$20).  

asdf: No matter how small the payout. I still want it. It just lets everyone know how wrong the company is.

I don't think that is tells anyone that the company was wrong because most people outside of affected current and former Fry's employees will never hear about it, but it does give some of the victims of Fry's playing fast and loose with labor law some vindication.
  15.  permalink
    Are there two checks. One for the lunches and one for the hours
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9843
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009
    I recieved $900.00 and 18 weeks worked over time sadly I didn't have my old pay stubs... so I dont know how correct was my 18 months between 2003-2006
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    I only got $607. Though I should have disputed it. I worked way more years and way more hours than you have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    Makes me feel guilty for robbing your casinos.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2009
    Heh, feeling guilty about robbing a casino, a place where people get robbed legally.