Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2009
    and thats why I wish I was a native american.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Electronics Class Action Lawsuit
    FRY'S ELECTRONICS, INC. CLASS ACTION
    Two former employees of Fry’s Electronics Receive $2.3 million Settlement ( With Picture )
    Class Action Settlement
    Walmart Vs. Fry's Electronics
    •  
      CommentAuthorwasddead
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009
    Damn, I moved and never got the paperwork. I have been working there 4 plus years, man I feel like shit. If there was ever an opportunity to get money from this shithole, it just went passed me. Fuck!http://twitter.com/Lindowtosh
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009
    Its free money. Take it and run.
  2.  permalink
    I heard some guy from the San Diego store got 6 grand back from this settlement.
  3.  permalink
    has anybody followed through with this settlement? did anybody get more than miserable $20 like me???
  4.  permalink
    how and when did some of you get a chance to dispute the number of weeks worked ot and stuff? i never got a chance and i only got miserable $20 and i did work a full 30 wks or more, every week ot. fry's are such worthless thieves!
  5.  permalink
    Guest: how and when did some of you get a chance to dispute the number of weeks worked ot and stuff? i never got a chance and i only got miserable $20 and i did work a full 30 wks or more, every week ot. fry's are such worthless thieves!

I thought it was pretty clear on the form that was mailed to you, but I guess the idea that Fry's employees are stupid isn't that far off the truth. There was a printed number of weeks and if you thought that the number was incorrect you simply wrote in the number of weeks that you thought you were entitled and attach your evidence in favor of your claim. If you were like me and saved all your pay stubs you simply had to print out the number of statements that you could find where you earned commission and OT.  

Since they already paid out too bad for you it just means that those of us who actually read the paperwork got more money. :face-smile:  

The moral of the story is buy a scanner and scan all of your pay stubs before you shred them. Especially if you live in CA and you work OT quite a bit there is a decent chance that there will be another employer that you work for that will mess up on CA labor law and having a copy of the pay stub will be the difference between getting whatever the claims administrator predicts that you are owed vs. what you are really owed. Considering that cheap multifunction printers are cheap and you worked for a store where you could have paid less on an already cheap item you have to be fairly cheap to not have one. Throwing away records that may be useful for lawsuits like this one without first scanning them when it takes less than a minute to scan them is silly. Merely because you are really sure that you deserve more of settlement isn't good enough for the claims administrator.  

Too bad this time, but if you get burned a second time than you only have yourself to blame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009
    Suzukiman: and thats why I wish I was a native american.

*chanting*Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009
    hell yeah that chanting has brought me the suede 1970's chair of bliss with 0 ergonomic support of any kind.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  6.  permalink
    anyone receive a 1099 yet? I haven't seen mine. Its the ONLY tax form I'm waiting on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010
    1099 for what? you get 1099s from Frys?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010 edited
    asdf: 1099 for what? you get 1099s from Frys?

from the lawsuit income... you should have most likely a 1099-MISC unless they consider it backpay by which you may get a w-2.. at least that is what googling it says.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  7.  permalink
    the form attached to the check when we received it said I would get a 1099-MISC and a W-2 (half on each) in January 2010, well its February, and NOTHING.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010
    wtf. more paper work.
  8.  permalink
    Welcome to my world, between 1099s and W2s I have 9 forms for taxes, the fry's settlement is the ONLY one I'm waiting on now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2010
    get a stable job
  9.  permalink
    I do have a very stable job, its called savings, retirement accounts, stocks, dividends, etc.