Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstargazer9
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008 edited
    I found this website while searching on Google to see if any other customers have had a bad experience while shopping at Fry's. I live in El Cajon, CA so I decided to go to the Fry's near the Aero Drive exit to buy a small & portable projector. I asked for help at their sales desk and I had to wait about 7 min for someone to become available. It seemed no one wanted to help me purchase a projector even though I did see alot of salesmen in the portable laptop area. I finally got a sales person but to my luck he said he wasn't very knowlegable with the projectors. I asked him if there was anyone who was the projector "guru" and he said no. He showed me a couple of projectors but to my luck again some of the ones I wanted to see weren't on display and the salesmen told me he couldn't demo it since it was sealed and if opened would have to have a discount. Some of the demos weren't connected or plugged in or working properly. My overall satisfaction with the experience was very horrible and I didn't buy anything because I felt like the service was terrible. I don't plan on shopping there anymore, if the service was that bad then why would I want to shop there again. They need to get the projector area working and get employees who know about them.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Whats the worst experience you ever had a Fry's ?
    My Experience Working at Fry's Electronics
    Good experiences happen at Fry's too
    who else had a bad experience at Fry's black friday sale?
    My experience with Fry's.
  2.  permalink
    You also need to do your research before going into an electronics store. So you need to blame yourself. So what the Salesmen didn't know what he was doing. It's up to you to help yourself.
  3.  permalink
    Im sorry but the salesmen get payed on commission, and we have families to feed.  
    One of the reason no one wanted to help you was because other customers made that area infamous. Many people purchase projectors, use them for conferences, seminars etc., and return them before the return period is over.  
    This looks bad upon the salesman, therefore them not wanting to sell in this area.  

So thank the other customers. :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    Shouldn't judge all stores because of one location either.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    There is no money or high demand for projectors. One projector is typically purchased per day. The commission isn't great and most people rent them. With our new 15% restocking fee people still return them since 15% is still a good rental fee. Sorry about your bad luck. Ask me anything you want about a laptop or desktop because I know everything about that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008
    Which models have the ICH10R Southbridge?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Sasquatch: Which models have the ICH10R Southbridge?

That's components' specific. Go to the Components department.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Exactly. Can't touch what we know. Some of us anyway. Well, me, anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008
    I agree it goes back to a lot of other customers buying them as rentals... and on top of that they always ask a boat load of questions just for their rental. I find it faster to sell a laptop than a projector and I get paid more for it and has a less chance of being returned. If you want help with projectors.. it is best to find an accessory sales person that may be knowledgeable in projectors.. But yeah thank most of the other projector customers and low pay on projectors.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthornoob
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008 edited
    So far I haven't learned about projectors. It's not mentioned in the VCON. I think VCON training is very very slow. We learn subject per week. I tell our customers about this VCON thing and how everyone learns one thing a week. The customers laugh. Other people in my department say just point them to the DSC podium help desk. Everyone there is smart and know everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008
    Everyone just wants to purchase a projector to make it a cheap TV. But they don't even know how they're going to get their video signal to the device (outside of a laptop), and they imagine they can get a badass projector for $300.  

So the battle you fight when selling projectors is that it just doesn't pay off. You only make $10 (on the high end) off a rather involved sale, and you run the risk of it being returned quickly. Then your customer doesn't even want to spend the money to get what they need, etc, etc.  

So some salespersons know the product, but most don't because it just doesn't pay.  

Sure if you do your research then you're in good shape. Most salespersons are more than happy to fetch a projector of your choice, but not teach you everything about them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2008
    calculon: Everyone just wants to purchase a projector to make it a cheap TV. But they don't even know how they're going to get their video signal to the device (outside of a laptop), and they imagine they can get a badass projector for $300.  

So the battle you fight when selling projectors is that it just doesn't pay off. You only make $10 (on the high end) off a rather involved sale, and you run the risk of it being returned quickly. Then your customer doesn't even want to spend the money to get what they need, etc, etc.  

So some salespersons know the product, but most don't because it just doesn't pay.  

Sure if you do your research then you're in good shape. Most salespersons are more than happy to fetch a projector of your choice, but not teach you everything about them.

Or some of us do know.. but pretend not to.. if we didn't we'd be stuck there forever and get fired for not making our goals because we are too busy helping customers that do not allow us to make our goals.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Life isnt all about the money.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    AyaHu: Life isnt all about the money.

If you plan on keeping your job,.. well... I don't care too much about the money but more my job and a wage that is good enough to live off of. Minimum wage doesn't quite cut it in California.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Does minimum wage anywhere cut it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    AyaHu: Life isnt all about the money.

The thing is you know "life isn't all about the money" when you make too much of it. For me I just don't want to worry and I would accept any job that paid me exactly the amount I need live comfortably.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Sasquatch: Does minimum wage anywhere cut it?

It cuts it for day laborers and the homeless. They will accept anything.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008 edited
    worm:

It cuts it for day laborers and the homeless. They will accept anything.

But day laborers share an apartment with 27 other day laborers and their families... and homeless well they don't have rent to speak of.I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2008

Ours is almost 7 dollars an hour, which is plenty to live in Phoenix. You aint gunna get a luxury apartment, but who cares, anythings better than nothin.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008
    5.85/hour texas! at 4 dollars/gallon for gas, i wonder how people dress themselves
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    man: There is no money or high demand for projectors. One projector is typically purchased per day. The commission isn't great and most people rent them. With our new 15% restocking fee people still return them since 15% is still a good rental fee. Sorry about your bad luck. Ask me anything you want about a laptop or desktop because I know everything about that.

everything? yea, sasquatch pwned you good sir
  4.  permalink
    Punkzilla: Shouldn't judge all stores because of one location either.

Excellent point. I once went to an In-N-Out late at night in a location I had never visited before and the service was terribly. My local In-N-Out still provides great service. Basing your judgment of a chain store based upon a single visit at a single store is pretty foolish.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    Former_Frys_geek:
    Punkzilla: Shouldn't judge all stores because of one location either.

Excellent point. I once went to an In-N-Out late at night in a location I had never visited before and the service was terribly. My local In-N-Out still provides great service. Basing your judgment of a chain store based upon a single visit at a single store is pretty foolish.

Yes lets continue to abuse the customer. Actually I think we do a great job it's just the few we fuck over. I don't think the network effect really works when we provide great service on average.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Thadius: 5.85/hour texas! at 4 dollars/gallon for gas, i wonder how people dress themselves

Uh... in San Antonio gas is in the 3.60s. It's even dropped ever so slightly below 4$ here in AZ and we ALWAYS have higher gas prices than TX (I know, my family lives there, and I lived there a while)  
    5.85 an hour is enough for TX, everything from groceries to rent is cheaper in TX than here, mostly ANYWHERE Ive ever been, actually. Get a great house with 3 br 2.5 bath brand new for only 200k, whereas here the same one would cost 400 at LEAST. You guys have some really cheap clothing places too. And Mr. Gattis. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................  

The problem with TX is your job economy SUCKS. In every city in TX, but worst of all is Austin.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    I'm having a difficult time finding a house around here in San Diego. Pricing in a good neighborhood is around $400-800k.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    worm: I'm having a difficult time finding a house around here in San Diego. Pricing in a good neighborhood is around $400-800k.

San Diego sucks like that.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    AyaHu:
    worm: I'm having a difficult time finding a house around here in San Diego. Pricing in a good neighborhood is around $400-800k.

San Diego sucks like that.

Unfortunately I can afford only $350k.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Don't ever find out what 400K will buy you in Texas. You will cry.
  5.  permalink
  6.  permalink
    Head on over to Best Buy. If you know what you want you can make Fry's work for you but if you need some education BBY is a much better alternative. You can also get some good info from customer reviews at Amazon or newegg.com. The Fry's compensation system may look good to the front office, but by the time its effects are felt on the sales floor, the customer suffers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2010
    Guest: Head on over to Best Buy. If you know what you want you can make Fry's work for you but if you need some education BBY is a much better alternative. You can also get some good info from customer reviews at Amazon or newegg.com. The Fry's compensation system may look good to the front office, but by the time its effects are felt on the sales floor, the customer suffers.

Sheeeeesshhhh.....why just "comparison shop" at Amazon and NewEgg??? Except for odd sale, you can beat Fry's price any day at either. Amazon: anything over $25-free shipping. NewEggg: all the best sale items have free shipping. Unless you "need it today"......you'd be a fool to pay more at Frys. Hell, I USED to shop at Frys 2-3 times a month.....till I found the wonders of NewEgg, and learned the fact that I can buy top of line for cheaper than GQ at Frys.
  7.  permalink
    Lets not forget mwave.com