Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzoLo
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    Ok... I just finished my first week at Fry's and all I have done is shadow and watch stupid videos. I am working as a cashier and it looks pretty complicated. I got some of it down, but I really don't get the change process. I talked to this guy who I was shadowing he said that every time you come back from lunch you're suppose to get change. I thought to myself "ok, get change after lunch, but how?" am I suppose to count the money in the register's drawer and remake my $200 bag or what? Sorry if it's not clear, but some of the workers who have been working for a while aren't very helpful.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Apple Training F&*$%*@ B@#$%^
    sales training question
    Management Training?
    suppose to have started training today but I'm not in the system
    Question about Training
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Good questions to ask your manager.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Other cashiers won't help you because there is something in it for them. People get paid to compete hard.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Let's all run away and become hedge fund managers.
  2.  permalink
    Being a cashier isn't all that hard. Some people just don't want to help. Here are some suggestions.  

1. Get all your closing change atleast 2 hours before you count out.  
    2. Make sure you have all the ones and fives in your $200 bag. As nobody likes have 2 ones and 180 fives.  
    3. Get as many transactions as you can your first couple months and then you can start cherrypicking.
  3.  permalink
    Being a cashiner at Fry's electronics entails many duties that involve, scrubing toilets, mopping urine off the floors, picking up trash in the parking lots. Better known the to current employee's as "Safey Sweeps"!!! This is insane...being a manager at Fry's, I am totally disgusted by the work that these new associates had to perform. At times I felt sorry for them. What I don't understand is why Fry's won't hire a janitor whos specific job is to perform these exact duties? Wait...Frys believes in cheap labor, and as many already know, ther are probably 1000 other applicants who are "well-qualified" for this position.  

One incident I remeber was a new associate on his second day scrubbing and mopping the men's restroom. The other associates who have worked there for quite some time made the new hire do all the dirty work while they stood outside the restroom chit chatting, but really not allowing customers in the restroom til it was cleaned.  

His face was disgusted, I approached the associates standing outside and made them enter the restroom and help the new associate with the "Safety Sweep".  

To be honest its amazing, everyone who is hired at Fry's is over 18, but can't piss straight into a urine stall. Most argue that it's the customers, but how does feces and urine land all over the floor before the store even opens to the public...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008
    Gross.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzoLo
    SDCherryPicker: Being a cashier isn't all that hard. Some people just don't want to help. Here are some suggestions.  

1. Get all your closing change atleast 2 hours before you count out.  
    2. Make sure you have all the ones and fives in your $200 bag. As nobody likes have 2 ones and 180 fives.  
    3. Get as many transactions as you can your first couple months and then you can start cherrypicking.

Wait, so all the ones and fives in my register's drawer goes into my $200 bag? I thought I was suppose to count up to $150 in fives and $32 in ones and $18 in change? And all the leftover fives and ones I use for the register if case a customer uses cash to pay.  

So far I have only done cart run and it sucks since it's only 4 guys including me doing it. So far I haven't done the bathroom or daily sweep.
  4.  permalink
    elusivententionz: Being a cashiner at Fry's electronics entails many duties that involve, scrubing toilets, mopping urine off the floors, picking up trash in the parking lots. Better known the to current employee's as "Safey Sweeps"!!! This is insane...being a manager at Fry's, I am totally disgusted by the work that these new associates had to perform. At times I felt sorry for them. What I don't understand is why Fry's won't hire a janitor whos specific job is to perform these exact duties? Wait...Frys believes in cheap labor, and as many already know, ther are probably 1000 other applicants who are "well-qualified" for this position.  

One incident I remeber was a new associate on his second day scrubbing and mopping the men's restroom. The other associates who have worked there for quite some time made the new hire do all the dirty work while they stood outside the restroom chit chatting, but really not allowing customers in the restroom til it was cleaned.  

His face was disgusted, I approached the associates standing outside and made them enter the restroom and help the new associate with the "Safety Sweep".  

To be honest its amazing, everyone who is hired at Fry's is over 18, but can't piss straight into a urine stall. Most argue that it's the customers, but how does feces and urine land all over the floor before the store even opens to the public...

The San Diego store had a janitor until he died.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    That's sad and funny at the same time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    To get change, you gather your larger bills, fill out the change request form (you can only get change in bundles). So you get $100 in 5s and $25 in 1s and $18 in change, but during the final night count you need $155 in 5s, $27 in 1s, a quarter roll ($10), dime roll ($5), nickel role ($2) and two penny roles ($1).
  5.  permalink
    Or this might be better. Keeps you from running out.  

Get $150 in larger bills  
    Then get $105 in $5's.  
    $27 in $1  
    And the $18 dollars in change.  
    Or you can switch to $32 in ones and just $100 in $5's.  

But the final count should be  

$5- $150  
    $1- $32  
    and then closing change.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    at our store its  

$130 in fives  
    $52 in ones  
    $10 in quarters  
    $5 in dimes  
    $2 in nickels  
    $1 in penniesLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    cashier27: at our store its  

$130 in fives  
    $52 in ones  
    $10 in quarters  
    $5 in dimes  
    $2 in nickels  
    $1 in pennies

You guy have this down to a science.
  6.  permalink
    asdf:

$130 in fives  
    $52 in ones  
    $10 in quarters  
    $5 in dimes  
    $2 in nickels  
    $1 in pennies

I know it makes me sad :face-crying: and now I realize that I work at frys and now I am depressed. :face-sad:
  7.  permalink

$130 in fives  
    $52 in ones  
    $10 in quarters  
    $5 in dimes  
    $2 in nickels  
    $1 in pennies

I think every store has it's own policy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008
    SDCherryPicker:
    asdf:

$130 in fives  
    $52 in ones  
    $10 in quarters  
    $5 in dimes  
    $2 in nickels  
    $1 in pennies

I know it makes me sad :face-crying: and now I realize that I work at frys and now I am depressed. :face-sad:

Wow. What have you been smoking that made you realize this just now?
  8.  permalink
    asdf:
    SDCherryPicker:
    asdf:

$130 in fives  
    $52 in ones  
    $10 in quarters  
    $5 in dimes  
    $2 in nickels  
    $1 in pennies

Wow. What have you been smoking that made you realize this just now?

I don't know. I have been in a daze the past 2 years. Plus Alcohol helps.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008
    Wait till you quit Fry's you will probably look back at it like it was your worst nightmare.i am a worm.
  9.  permalink
    worm: Wait till you quit Fry's you will probably look back at it like it was your worst nightmare.

I am still living in this nightmare.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2008
    Fry's isn't all that bad in my opinion. Just the customers that want to be retarded/douche bags make the day bad.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2008
    Hey at least you arent cold call telemarketers for satellite dish tv providers. Now there's a shitty job.Superhero!