Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpiggyman
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2007 edited
    I worked for Frys for 2 weeks before I quit recently. I worked as a CSA. My full-time job is being a teacher and enjoyed working during the summer months. When I interviewed for the job, I was told about the test. I must pass to get a dollar raise (3 chances to pass, and then get fired). During my first week of training, I was told how important it is to pass the test as soon as possible and was given a study guide. So, I took the exam very seriously and studied for it. So, yesterday, one of my supervisors told me that I was to take the test today, with 5 other associates. The supervisor gave us 10 minutes with a study guide to use on the test before she took it. When she took the study guide, everyone started cheating off each other. Associates started copying answers from each other and even taking the study guide from the filing cabinet where they keep the study guides. When another supervisor came in to check on us, he laughed at us for cheating. He even answered questions an associate had that came from the test. He said, "Everyone cheats on the test. The ones who don't fail. If you fail, you get fired."  

And I really got pissed off when he said if the upper management finds out you cheated, they will fire you. If you have the same answers as the rest of the group, you get fired. If you don't write "word for word" as the study guide states, you get it wrong.  

I don't cheat. I have failed students in the past for cheating. So, I quit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacIas
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2007 edited
    Sounds like Fry's to me...corrupt like that.aka Luis - FrysForum Administration Group
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2007
    Your store may be like that, but I can guarantee that all of them are not like that way.  

Sorry you had a bad experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Fry's doesn't provide proper training for employees plus their videos are so stupid ! They are old and outdatedFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    sounds like your weak.:face-plain:i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrTwo1
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2007
    I quit on Saturday. One day our system was down so we were doing manuals. Of course I was never taught how to do manuals, and the supervisors got mad when I said aloud "They didn't teach us shit, they just rushed us through the test." Had I been taught how to do them, I would know, but the trainer herself GAVE us the answers if we didn't know them. Yet, guess who was the one telling me it's my responsibility to have learned it "cause I took the test" Bunch of bullshit, Fuck Fry's..
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2007
    Glad I'm not part of customer service.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2007
    Yeah I cheated on both of my certified tests for Customer Service and Components. For my CSA test, I had people give me answers, for my Components test, I coped the answers to my SidekickIII.
  1.  permalink
    Either frys needs toss the test or be more selective on who they hire.. I've watched the new hires come in week after week and repeatly fail their test. Then, right infront of everyone the sups give them the correct anwsers to copy down. With such a high turn over, it seems my store is pressured to get some people that are actually certified before the holiday season.  

Store #25 San Marcos
    •  
      CommentAuthorfreelancer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2007
    Supervisors are known to provide answers for the certification tests. In fact, new associates routinely parade the FCO looking for anyone that can help them out with an answer or two.
  2.  permalink
    I never had to take the test. The Certification test is little more than a formal thing saying that you know how to run the register. I still stand on the point that:  

1. It is a lot easier to learn the functionality of the registers by actually running them, and  

2. It is a lot easier to run Customer Service when people are not yelling out "certify" every 10 seconds.  

but, I go out of my way to help everyone understand what is going on and how to go about fixing the problems they come across  

I had a great Sup 1 in Tempe when I started out, and I hope to do the same he did for me for the other Fry's CSA hopefuls. I pride myself on keeping a light atmosphere at the registers, especially when Fry's cards are being shoved down their throats.Defender of Fry's Electronics
    •  
      CommentAuthorCSAhole
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008
    Piggyman = Robert G.  
    No shit, cheating on tests are unacceptable.  
    But you forgot one thing;  
    It's a workplace, not a school.  
    LoL Fry's School High.:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9362
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014
    At least you got a study guide! When I was told about the test, no study guide was ever provided. You were told to take notes while shadowing at the regjster. Sups helped their "favorites" when they were taking the test, but if you weren't in that category, you were SOL!
  3.  permalink
    Guest 9362,

This thread has been dead for over 6 years. That's 2 threads you've necro'ed. As if these people are still checking for responses. Fucking idiot.
  4.  permalink
    Guest 9362, stop being a necro nigger