Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2007
    We use to have sandwiches, burritos and all good kinds of snacks and food in refrigerated vending machines but the cafe's sales started to go down and the bitch ass Cafe Manager Rosie told the store manager who then decided to have them removed. This once again proves my point that Fry's doesn't care about its employees. I know a lot of people who have decided to boycott the Fry's cafe. Plus their prices are way to high for a sandwich $5.50 when before we could get one for like $2.00-$3.00 in the vending machine. The most fucked up thing is employees don't get a discount in the cafe. Anywhere else you go like Walmart or Kmart and they have cafe's/or food they give them discounts. Stop trying to make money of employees Fry's! Also the cafe in San Diego removed the soda machine in the cafe, now they have it hidden in the back so you can't get refills. Syrup for soda cost like $5.00 for about 100 gallons of soda! WTFFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2007 edited
    sounds like some shaddy buiness. They try to keep the money in the store. How about gift cards for a paycheck?i am a worm.
  1.  permalink
    worm:sounds like some shaddy buiness. They try to keep the money in the store. How about gift cards for a paycheck?

hahaha  

Squeezing out every last penny from their Employees, Fry's makes enough to pay for their overhead costs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2007
    Their waisting their money on stupid stuff ... Frys owners are rich they don't care about employees food choicesFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2007
    FRYS DOESN'T CARE THAT THEIR EMPLOYEES GET SNACKS FOOD...THEY CARE ABOUT MAKING MONEY! THATS WHY THEY DON'T GIVE US DISCOUNTS ON FOOD ON THE CAFE!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2007
    I think its unfair for not offering choice. I'll spend my money elsewhere. I even refuse to buy store products unless I can get a discount beyond what's available elsewhere.Howard Dean for America '08
  2.  permalink
    I think they should serve healthier food.
    •  
      CommentAuthorluv6mama
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2007
    cook at home... i never do but we should i go to work starving ...we dont have a cafe only a vending machine that only has breakfast burritos and flan and a coffee machine with ants in the coffee grinds.....so very bleak:face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2007
    It all boils down to laziness. For one, you won't cook food, second you won't drive else where to a reasonably priced eatery.  

What do you expect?  

I treat all stores as if they were monopolies. All the choices are limited and the lowest cost products are still highly priced.i am a worm.
  3.  permalink
    No one shops at cafe at wilsonville. withen 5 minutes walk there at least 5 restraunts and 12 fast food places plus a grocery store with a great deli. Cant reqally say no one but only those few that wont walk. lol. Also lots of employees buy a soda there as they started a free refill system:face-monkey:We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2007
    Fry's cafe should compete with them and slash their prices. Or at least give discounts to employees.i am a worm.
  4.  permalink
    luv6mama:cook at home... i never do but we should i go to work starving ...we dont have a cafe only a vending machine that only has breakfast burritos and flan and a coffee machine with ants in the coffee grinds.....so very bleak:face-crying:

Ewww dude thats fucking disgusting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2007
    Seriously, that's nasty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2007
    who eats flan? lolHoward Dean for America '08
  5.  permalink
    same people who eat boogersWe are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2007
    Congratulations, sir. You have just ruined flan for me.
  6.  permalink
    That would be a good thingWe are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2007
    Flan from a vending machine.. can it even sell? lol.  

Anyways I look at it this way: Its like brining your own drink to Star Bucks. For the profitability of the store, Fry's would prefer you do not bring food from outside or encourage anyone from doing so.i am a worm.
  7.  permalink
    Fuck that ill bring a whole spread.  

Frys can eat my ass. with a spoon.
  8.  permalink
    CrazyFox213:Fuck that ill bring a whole spread.  

Frys can eat my ass. with a spoon.

Don't even have to tell me twice...im sure your ass will taste better than that vending machine's burrito *yuck*!!!I AM HERE FOR YOU!!! :D if ur not a dick :P!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorweasle
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2007
    The other day I was told I could not be rung up on a 75 cent bag of Lays at the Cafe since that was sold outside. He rung me up anyway. The next day I just paid at the registers and ate it in the cafe.  

What the hell difference does it make that I can't pay it in the cafe!? I can just pay else where and go back in. Weird ass policy. lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2007
    You already purchased the bag of Lays outside?i am a worm.
  9.  permalink
    The LP DDM bought me a sandwitch from the cafe for doing a good job. I got food posioning from that sandwitch. I went to the ER and got $3000 bill for sitting in the ER. Thanks Blue Shield and Frys for fucking me over. Sad thing was that was the only time I ever eat at the cafe in 3 years of working at Frys.#24 Concord California, Computer Sales
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2007
    They really do suck. I always feel sick after eating at the cafe. They really need to change the way things are in there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2007
    The food is SOOO expensive there! It is good though, the sandwiches are soo tasty. I like to go halfers with someone else though because they ARE pretty big. We still have our 50 cent soda machine though. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2007
    50% off for employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfobking10
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2007
    Google = Free food, drinks(not the cheap kind, Vitamin water, etc...), kobe beef steaks on fridays! VmWare = Free food, drinks, Beer on Fridays! I can go on and on with different companies, but it all depends on how much the company would like to spend on their employees/associates. In this case, ya'll just have to pay full price.
  10.  permalink
    if you dont like the price then dont eat in the cafe. its that simple. or bring your own lunch or somthing.i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthoranon6544
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2008
    Its called 7-11 right up the street from San Diego Fry's way better and cheaper food! Fuck Frys Cafe!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008
    The prices go up all the time. You never know what you will be paying from one day to the next.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2008 edited
    Its like $2.50 for a cup of coffee at frys wtf! this shit isn't starbucks!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  11.  permalink
    Starbucks is way overpriced too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008
    Starbux is setting up a 99 cent menu soon.  

Retro Black: 99 cents
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    It's all about the Panera.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Its because Frys knows if you are in there you are trapped in there. Most peoples visits last a little under an hour and Frys in general makes you hungry (Every time I go, no matter what the circumstance, I get hungry) so they trap you into eating at the cafe or 'picking something up'. Also, a companies ultimate form of keeping profit is to run a cafe inside the workplace so they arent loosing too much money on your lunch break.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjamesd
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2008 edited
    If you noticed a couple weeks ago they were attaching this thing to your paycheck/stub that said something like this  

"You not required to purchase something from the cafe if you would like to take your break or be in the cafe"  

I was hanging out with some other AV associates and Rosie began checking for reciepts and asking what we had boughten and was making some of my friends leave. Can you belive how disperate they are for associates to spend their money at Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2008
    There's no need to double post.