Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008
    i dont know why this mopar comes every qaurter.i think ppl who work in home office thay dont have anything to do overthere.completely bullshit.they come everytime and ask same question" why this in not done?" "this needs to be done diffrent way" and right now they say no overtime and if we get even 2 min OT they make a big deal. so stupid ppl.they never think practically.if we make OT , they will never ask if we are going through any problem or not. they just ask how come u guys making OT? they force us to fill beat yesterday book, for what? how does it help that to bussiness? instead of doing it they need to fix the system first. ask us how they can help us in making more bussiness and less complaint from customer.they never wanna try to know wat customer complaint abt. i hope i can meet randy once....
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    how many people have hooked with there co-worker
    Why do people think Fry's is on the verge of closing?
    How many people possibly lost their jobs because of Omar?
    How many people got fired at Fry's San Diego and Why?
    Sony FZ160 model: What do people think of this model?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Fry's is genius and retarded at the same time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcLovin
    They probably just pick on you because of your broken English. Can you blame them?
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008 edited
    i m sorry to say this to Mclovin that my english is not broken may be u r mind is broken that u didnt understand wat i wrote here.can u blame me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008 edited
    What other language(s) do you speak?
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    i speak hindi and gujarati.its an indian language.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Kya Ap hindi samashti hun  
    Phir bi dil hai hindustaniSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Every quarter? At some stores mopar happens every 6 weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008
    if they really wanna inspect the store,they should make a surprise visit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    tinunidhu: if they really wanna inspect the store,they should make a surprise visit.

The goal of mopar isn't to surprise us. The goal is to make sure the store is up to spec every time they visit. The busier the store the more "visits" are required.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    tinunidhu: they force us to fill beat yesterday book, for what? how does it help that to bussiness?

You're an idiot.  

If you got to the level where you are required to fill out one of the Beat Yesterday books and you don't yet see how it helps you run your business then you shouldn't be in that position. That little book contains all of your goals as a department and how you hit or missed them in the past and what it'll take for you to hit them in the present and for the future. If you don't see the value in that, then Fry's made a very poor choice in making you someone who should be relied on to have those numbers and make those goals.  

The Beat Yesterday Booklets are one of the best things that Fry's does, and was learned from one of the most successful retail companies in the world, Wal-Mart. Love them or hate them, Walmart knows how to do retail, and some of the techniques they have for success have trickled over to Fry's.  

MOPAR may have is annoying aspects, but if it even brings one fresh idea into a store then it was worth it. The DDM's are there to help you and to check that you're doing everything you can to help yourself hit your goals.  

But you should consider doing yourself and Fry's a favor and quit your job now to make room for someone with two braincells to rub together to make a competent thought.
  2.  permalink
    kudos to this person above me!!  

frys really is a great place, the only ones to complain, are the worthless sacks of shit, that dont want to do anywork!  

although i hate the beat book, i cant write small enough :(:face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    I don't really get the BYB's either... You should be doing your best regardless of how well you did last year, or what projections you're supposed to hit this year; the rest is left to the customers. I can only see the department manager getting any real use out of the booklet, but he/she should have a lot better record keeping than some flimsy paper pamphlet.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    calculon is big idiot. as front check out sup i dont need to worry abt sales. ofcourse i can help other dept to achieve their goal. wat can i do with those number taking in my hand? even my dept manager doesnt worry abt number.cz there is nothing you can do abt it staying at front check out. how can u help dept to hit their goal? they are the one who need to be aware of all numbers and they are the one who sell something to customer. and for your kind information, i was annaounced as a best sup in meeting, so frys didnt make any poor choice. i dont mind to fill BYB at all. but if i dont fill even for 2 days for some reason, they make it big deal. thats wat i just dont like it. did u get that mr idiot?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    First off...  

ENGLISH MOTHAFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?  

Second, I can see how easy it is for CS Sups to tend to not care about sales numbers. They see their job as having no affect on what the store does and doesn't make. However, you really are the most vital link in the store, finalizing the transaction. Your attention to detail and completion of your job means us actually making those numbers or not. If you see a large slump in sales, is it because your CSA's are not completing transactions fast enough? Is it because the line is too long and customers are getting disgruntled and leaving? There are factors you can control, and even things like restocking the impulse aisle with general merchandise largely helps the store make sales and profit.  

And like it or not, if you ever aspire to do anything other than a hourly waged CS Sup, then you'll likely enter a job where those numbers and the knowledge of how to get them and what they can do for you will determine your paycheck. Shame on your Department Manager for not caring about numbers. He/She gets directly paid off of the store as a whole and has to rely on the sales team and the CS associates to make up his/her paycheck.  

And Sasquatch:  

As far as the "just do your best" and "its all up to the customers" mantra goes, thats partially true. But without a solid plumb line for how you've performed in the past during similar situations, and without knowing what is expected of you, then how can you achieve your goals?  

Carefully watching indicators like dollar per customer and GP% will tell you if your sales associates on the floor are doing their part to make the department/store succeed. If either one are low you have a variety of places to check up on to make sure your whole team is doing their best.  

BYB is just a small part of that, and yes there are other (more permanent) sources of information and numbers, but the BYB is priceless for the instant information it gives the Supervisor/Manager.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinunidhu
    im not bastard like u that use bad words.but system is hell bad in frys its not cashier fault.and no one makes more mistake than sales ppl do. and u r so boring becuse u write too much and i dont have time to read this all shit so better u write something short and sweet and other thing i speak english alot better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    tinunidhu: im not bastard like u that use bad words.but system is hell bad in frys its not cashier fault.and no one makes more mistake than sales ppl do. and u r so boring becuse u write too much and i dont have time to read this all shit so better u write something short and sweet and other thing i speak english alot better.

lolSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Say what again. Say what again, motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2008
    tinunidhu: im not bastard like u that use bad words.but system is hell bad in frys its not cashier fault.and no one makes more mistake than sales ppl do. and u r so boring becuse u write too much and i dont have time to read this all shit so better u write something short and sweet and other thing i speak english alot better.

I'm in shock.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    The hypocrisy is delicious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMcLovin
    Sasquatch: Say what again. Say what again, motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!

I said what what, in the butt.
  3.  permalink
    hahah butters!!! lol or pulp fiction .. i know both .. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    McLovin:  

Stop watching fruity shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    asdf:
    McLovin:  

Stop watching fruity shit.
    Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    That music video is so bad it's scary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008
    Note to all - please, DON'T breed
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    ObiWan: Note to all - please, DON'T breed

Its too late for me and sass.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch

That's mah scary child.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Below the blanket, he's covered in fur.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    there is the big problem of caring about fries to want to help them make money and fill out byb'sLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....