Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Who else was lucky enough to visit Fry's Labor Day Weekend? The cash registers broke down for several hours at Frys San Marcos on Monday 09-01-08. What a nightmare of a line to checkout... :face-crying: People were not being warned in time as they streamed into the store for all the holiday sales. Luckily I doubled up on my pain killers just before I went into the store, lucky enough to have a shopping cart to lean on. Frys should have offered a gift certificates for us poor customers who roughed out this hour long wait. Instead they stood around like bean counters trying to consolidate multiple lines into one huge long assed line. The casheirs checked everyone out using paper and pen. :face-sad:
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    who else had a bad experience at Fry's black friday sale?
    Fry's Labor Day Sale ad 2010
    How was your labor day?
    Department of Labor (DOL) Unannounced Visits
    2008 Black Friday Weekend Ads
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2008
    None of the sales were good. I went and actually left without buying anything :<Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    There were better things to do over Labor Day than visit Fry's....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    The customer add time went from five seconds to a minute again. What the hell, home office? Fix your money machine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2008
    I was at best buy. Parking is horrible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    Wasn't enjoyable as a returns associate either. Wasn't as long of a long in returns though.I shit trains, Now what?
  3.  permalink
    The credit card system was going on and off. Luckily I had one of the only computers that was working. I still didn't make as much as the other cherry pickers. Some of them pulled in the high 40's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    SDCherryPicker: The credit card system was going on and off. Luckily I had one of the only computers that was working. I still didn't make as much as the other cherry pickers. Some of them pulled in the high 40's.

I always hated Frys POS technology. It's full of fail. The uptime is at 90% or about 500 hours of downtime per year. The service oriented architecture was broken from day one.  

A tip for the people who run the operation: run your POS as thin clients. Do data processing on the server side. Think of the way webmail works. Think about how the Google search engine works. Then think about the performance and reliability of this centralized architecture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    ObiWan: There were better things to do over Labor Day than visit Fry's....

Like play Medal of Honor Heroes 2.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Wtf, seriously?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    hey i can kill on some medal of honor.....:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    golgo 13: hey i can kill on some medal of honor.....:face-devil-grin:

I love the Medal of Honor. I love my wii in general.  
    I really want Call of Duty 4... but that would require buying another gaming system Id never use but for Call of Duty.  
    And besides 18 Multiplayer < 32
    Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2008
    Ayuhu: your the few girls that I know that are into video games and technology which is really cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    :face-smile: i like
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Indeed.
  4.  permalink
    I honestly think Randy & Co. shut down the servers on big holiday ads purposefully. Two reason: 1.) So the sale people dont get their commission, and 2.) So they don't lose money on all the ad prices (negative gross profit GET!).  

It's a far-fetched idea, I know, but this happens every goddamn sales weekend. Fourth of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Black Friday, day after Christmas, New Years day. Every single time.  

So when we're forced to do manuals, I just take an extended break or long lunch. I'm not going to get paid the commission for things that are put on manual quotes anyways, so fuck it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    It's a very far fetched idea, considering they didn't even really need to have sale prices in the first place. Our sale items here were crappy. Except the 8gig jump drive for 20$Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008
    Their network administrator is trying to get a raise. Shutdown the server on busy times like this, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    I don't see why so many people have to shop on freaking holidays.. close the freaking store.. Go out and enjoy time with your family on the "last day" of summer.. I guess people just have nothing else better to do :(I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    m_tux: I don't see why so many people have to shop on freaking holidays.. close the freaking store.. Go out and enjoy time with your family on the "last day" of summer.. I guess people just have nothing else better to do :(

We're a nation of consumers, they are just doing their part to help our economy. Personally, I bring my family (my twin) everywhere and we shop together 100% of the time. I find it very enjoyable. Here, the last day of summer is about 115 degrees, which is why no one can go hiking. :< Our biggest hiking day is Christmas Eve and Thanksgiving. Im 100% serious. Go to Tonto National Forest on xmas eve and you'll be like "WTF."Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgolgo 13
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008 edited
    AyaHu:
    m_tux: I don't see why so many people have to shop on freaking holidays.. close the freaking store.. Go out and enjoy time with your family on the "last day" of summer.. I guess people just have nothing else better to do :(

We're a nation of consumers, they are just doing their part to help our economy. Personally, I bring my family (my twin) everywhere and we shop together 100% of the time. I find it very enjoyable. Here, the last day of summer is about 115 degrees, which is why no one can go hiking. :< Our biggest hiking day is Christmas Eve and Thanksgiving. Im 100% serious. Go to Tonto National Forest on xmas eve and you'll be like "WTF."

did you say twin.........:face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008
    It would be funny if her twin was her brother, and not her sister.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2008
    My identical twin sister of 100% the same DNA that used to once be one human body and brain. She has our original haircolour and is more sweet and cute looking than me even though she is more bitchy.Superhero!